1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Three Clydesdales and a Zebra - An Unlikely Herd

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Hondarider, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    No, it was more aimed at people who ride with blokes who pack lube and no pyjamas.
  2. Hondarider

Hondarider Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer:
    Wife's panties - CHECK.
  3. Ruud109

Ruud109 Dutch in Barcelona

Oddometer:
    You might want to include a Version numbering system on the bottom of your laminated lists! With a notification that previous versions have become invalid.

Ruud
    Diddly and 51% like this.
  4. Vrode

Vrode Not going there Supporter

Oddometer:
    I figure out my destinations and where I'd be likely to want a commemorative t-shirt. I pack some old ratty ones and replace them with new purchases. The old ratty ones get used for chain/bike cleaning before tossing.
  5. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    Just make sure she isn't still wearing them when you pack them.
  6. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    I do tend to buy a lot of t-shirts along the way. I could probably get away with packing 3 (for those days when we don't visit anyplace cool) and just buying new ones as I go. My tail bag is nearly empty just so I'll have room for my commemorative "Virginia Is For Lovers" t-shirts.
  7. Golden955

Golden955 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Four pairs of shorts?? Am I the only one who wears a pair of shorts until they can walk themselves into the hamper? I don't think I even own four pairs of shorts, just one extra pair to get me by when I happen to wash the other pair.
    mrb867 likes this.
  8. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    Yeah...we took an 18 day trip out West this summer and I packed like 6 pairs of shorts. Then I proceeded to wear like 1 pair of khaki cargo shorts for the entire trip. Unfortunately, the packing list is already laminated so there's simply nothing I can do. I'm committed. Noncompliance to the released procedure is completely unacceptable. If the auditors found out, I'd be up to my eyeballs in RCCA investigation for months. Blind compliance is the only answer.
    51%, monsterRS, Orovillan and 4 others like this.
  9. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    It was just a simple comment...probably meant as a joke...no real substance...just a lighthearted jab at a purported tendency towards obsessiveness...then there was another...similar in intent, but slightly different in content...a "helpful observation" as my father likes to call them...not a formal indictment of wrongdoing...more of a "Huh...so you're not going to do it right? Yeah...I suppose some people are OK with half-ass"...then a few more folks joined the fray...more "observations"

Just simple observations made by a complete stranger or two or five...people I've never met...people I may never meet...people who have no influence over my life at all...

But still...

Those comments...they bounce around in my head like a house fly against a screen door...they go round and round and round...they try desperately to get out...but they just never leave...

Then another fly comes along and joins in...they bounce off the screen every couple seconds...the buzzing grows in intensity...the noise is maddening...

11:00PM on a Friday night...wife and kids sound asleep...dog asleep...nothing but crickets chirping and the sounds of summer night...a cool breeze blows and beckons me to sleep...

but there's no escape...no sleep...those fat black house flies just keep crashing headlong into my cerebrum...the questions persist...there will be no sleep tonight...the issues at hand MUST be resolved...

So at 6:00AM on a Saturday, I'm up and getting in the truck...no time for breakfast with my buddies this week...I'm on a mission to quell the madness in my head...

A 20 minute drive to the office...the place is completely vacant...the parking lot is empty...the halls are dark...the HVAC is shut down for the holiday weekend...it's like 3 months after the Apocalypse...

Alone, I toil in my office...

typing...

cussing...

sorting...

swearing...

printing...

pissing...

cutting...

moaning...

laminating...

hating your asses...

more cutting...

And then relief...the screen door has been thrown open and all those fat ol' house flies have flown off to live their remaining 2 days of life somewhere else...

The monkey has let go of my scapulae and climbed down from his screechy perch...

SO F Y Y F F!

You know who you are!

Here it is!

ALPHABETIZED!

COLOR CODED!

REVISION CONTROLLED!

RELEASE DATED!

QUANTITY OF CARGO SHORTS REVISED!

KEYS RELOCATED!

SUCK IT!

REv F.PNG

Now if I could just get a better radius on those corners...
    Diddly, Kidder, BeemerBOI and 6 others like this.
  10. MapMaster

MapMaster Human Compass

Oddometer:
    Why do you have two entries for "Beach Towel"

And what exactly is "Metric Hardware"

What size "Ring" and "Spade" connectors?

:amazon:amazon:amazon

:hide :lol3
  11. MapMaster

MapMaster Human Compass

Oddometer:
    And you're missing rev bars to indicate what's changed from the last revision.

Sorry, it's just too easy. :jack
    BeemerBOI likes this.
  12. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    :baldy CRAP!!!!

I knew I should have had a Peer Review. Now I have to pack a second beach towel for compliance or go back and revise to Rev G

Lucky for me, I only made 6 copies!
    Lists.PNG

I hate you all so much.:imaposer
    BeemerBOI likes this.
  13. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    "Metric Hardware" is a large prescription pill bottle full of M4, M5, M6, M8, and M10 nuts, washers, and bolts of various lengths and head configurations. Even I don't have the level of commitment to itemize those.

Or...at least...I didn't...:hmmmmm
  14. ChicoProf

ChicoProf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just cut the beach towel in half, and pack both halves!
    Diddly, Dessert Storm and Hondarider like this.
  15. chudzikb

chudzikb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am very sad that the 10 pairs of underwear continue on trip, I tried...so sad.

My wife just read this, said it sounded perfectly normal to her, you sir, would be one sick human!
    Hondarider likes this.
  16. MapMaster

MapMaster Human Compass

Oddometer:
    Well, if you think that's sufficient, (bzzz, bzzz) I suppose there's no need to worry (bzzz, bzzz) about using the only 2 M5 nuts you had to help a stranded rider. (bzzz, bzzz)
    You would certainly remember the event and refresh your inventory at the next opportunity. (bzzz, bzzz)
    So it was completely ridiculous for me to even suggest such a silly thing (bzzz, bzzz).
    Hondarider likes this.
  17. CharlestonADV

CharlestonADV I do my own stunts. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the rough radius. Really complements a 'devil-may-care, hipster lumberjack' image.
    Dessert Storm and Hondarider like this.
  18. 51%

51% ReadyToRide

Oddometer:
    Have you weighed the contents of the left and right panniers to ensure they are equal?

A fellow OCD suferer.
    Hondarider likes this.
  19. Hondarider

Oddometer:
    You know, I've never really been too concerned about that. The GSA is kinda asymmetrical to begin with...swing arm on one side...exhaust on the other. And then, the Touratech mounting for the boxes isn't exactly symmetrical either. The left box is further outboard than the right...so if the boxes did actually have the same exact weight, I suspect the center of gravity would be to the left of the bike's center line. The whole thing could turn into a big science project with a pivot point running the length of the bike and bisecting the center line, a plate, load cells, and a fixture capable of suspending the bike from two points equidistant from the center line. It's a fun project, but hard to justify. I think I'll just load it up and take it for a test drive. If I don't have to lean 20 degrees to one side to maintain a straight line, I'll be happy.

Besides...I have all this metric hardware to itemize and a beach towel to cut in half.
  20. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    Looks like your standards are slipping, into holiday mode already.