Three Months on a Husky TE610

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Fishfund, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Fishfund

Fishfund Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks man, There are loose plans with a production company in L.A. but we will see what happens.
  2. meat grinder

meat grinder Adventurer

Oddometer:

crazy to think they live that way so close to the USA...
  3. meat grinder

meat grinder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    oh yeah...that's better!
  4. martinz

martinz Runny-nosed Bluenoser

Oddometer:
    Hey Luke,
    Just wondering if you still feel the same way about the "simple singles" after your episode with the KTM?
    And thanks for all the time and effort put into your reports!! We do appreciate the gifts you give to us!!

5. rruugger

rruugger formally rruugger

Oddometer:
    Fishfund....I do enjoy your RR's! :*sip* Thanks for tighting up some loose ends on that old report. You da man. :thumb
  6. Fishfund

Oddometer:
    Hmm....that's a good question. I don't think it's fair to put those two bikes into this "simple singles" category.

I would say a Carbed TE610 can be compared to a KLR, XR, DR as far as simplicity of design.

The KTM 690 is much more complicated with the addition of the fuel injection. I don't think I would call my KTM 690 a "simple single"
  7. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:

I agree.

These days it's harder and harder to find a "simple" bike. IMO, everybody is making a push for FI, but I'm happy with my XR650R. It's simple, it's cheap to maintain, and I can fix just about everything anywhere. As long as I have the tools I CAN fix everything (ok, maybe not the CDI...).

I assume you are still fishing Luke?
  8. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    The ONLY really significant problem(s) I have had with my 08 TE610 have been with EFI. I've blown a fuel pump, 'maybe' have a sticking injector. ANd now it's stuttering again and I have no frikken idea if it's the pump or the injector that's going bad (this time:deal), and I don't really wanna disassemble the thing to find out.
  9. Fishfund

Oddometer:

Just got done fishing 3 weeks ago. I'm back on land in Michigan for the rest of the year. Now I'm looking for a house so I can at least have a base camp. I've been living on couches for too long.
  10. Gage

Gage Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hope you dont get settled for too long! :rofl:roflI love reading your ride reports! Fishing must be really tough work if you only work for a few months then can just chill out the rest of the year. Cant imagine how hard it must be!
  11. Fishfund

Oddometer:

Physically it's nothing, but mentally it's exhausting. The pressure to keep your boat running and fix repairs on the go and not miss fishing time is unbelievable, let alone the actually fishing part where you have to pick the correct spot to fish every single day. The outcome of this short 5 week fishing spree determines how the entire rest of your year is going to be. It's a great job, and I am really fortunate to have stumbled into it, but it can be hard on your sanity.
  12. martinz

martinz Runny-nosed Bluenoser

Oddometer:
    That's exactly my point! In the post I quoted, you were suggesting avoiding the "simplist singles" (I am glad you dont' have KLR/DR/XL Fever). I was wondering if, after your KTM nightmare, you had second thoughts about avoiding the simpler bikes? If you ever make it to Nova Scotia, you have another couch to surf here!
    Cheers!.

13. Hay Ewe

Hay Ewe Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I get it
    good effort
    I found this thread the other day, still reading through it, got this far and HAD to respond to that.
    I ahve been on the receiving end of some awesome (divine?) assisstance recently and over the years but only just beginign to realise it.
    Thank you for what you did
    Hay Ewe
  14. Fishfund

Oddometer:

No way, I'm pretty sure I will never own a KLR, DR, or XR. I don't have that desire. :D
  15. Fishfund

Oddometer:
    There was a lot of controversy for that story. Thanks for the support and as you put "getting it"
  16. Escaped

Escaped Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

17. Fishfund

Oddometer:
    I can't do it man. I just can't do it. haha
  18. Jonzilla

Jonzilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Those jap bikes run right for too many consecutive days (years?) for you man:rofl

It just wouldn't seem right at all...:lol3
  19. GISdood

GISdood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah.. Luke on a 'dependable' bike would just take something away from that whole Fishfund-experience we've all grown to enjoy. :D
  20. Oldone

Oldone One day at a time!

Oddometer: