Three of TBDBITW Ride to Alsaka

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by eemsreno, Aug 19, 2015.

1. StanBo

StanBo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @eemsreno yes with the thought that I need more time then I have to do it. So for right now it is something to read about and log advice, locations and pictures for inspiration.

I have been riding for a few years now and hit offroad as often as I can. Most of it solo due to my wacky schedule. You are right it is way better with a couple buddies and I would take you advice and look for a couple if attempting some of the roads you have done.

That doesn't mean that I haven't made the odd offroad excursion when riding solo. I do wear a sat tracker just in case.
    eemsreno likes this.
  2. JER_OME

JER_OME Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks amazing, read some but not all. I do have a question - how hard did you have to push to make it in that time? Would really like to make the trip up, but 3 weeks at a time is the max I could get at a time at work. After having to ride 1,000 miles through Kansas in a day to get back from my last ill prepared trip I'd like to avoid having to push too hard again
    eemsreno likes this.
  3. eemsreno

eemsreno Super Tenere Rider.

Oddometer:
    @JER_OME
    Sorry for a slow response, I went riding down in Missouri, letter roads for a couple days with no world connections.
    Thanks for reading.
    For me 3 weeks is plenty of time. But I like to ride also.
    I would say that we didn't have to push hard at all just ride a lot.
    If your seat is 100% comfy and you have everything right with your bike riding all day can be fun.
    I think you end up seeing a lot more riding all the time. The riders that only ride a couple hundred miles a day and think they are seeing a lot more are fooling themselves.
    They might be seeing a lot more on the TV in their motel or the inside of a bar but they sure don't see all the sites I get to see.
    The most important thing is just GO! It is so much fun, every rider needs to do it.
  4. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A small bump. Excellent reading, much enjoyed. Have you tried Mexico? Anywhere in Mexico is great, with helpful and kind people everywhere. I’ll be back in Baja come November for the Baja 1000. Sir you would like ridin Baja. take care Merlin
    eemsreno likes this.
  5. eemsreno

Oddometer:
    Pete Pilot Thank's!
    I would love riding to Tera Deflego If I could speak Spanish and it was safe, But I'll never get to.
  6. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can’t speak Spanish and that’s never been a problem. As to the danger I have rode bikes numerous times in Mexico and never felt I was in a dangerous situation. Whereas as a truck driver that wandered North America for 25 years there certainly where times within United States that I new danger was near. When I leave home to go to Mexico I have more then double your miles and still I go. Of course a great many Americans are closer to the Rio Grande then you and never know what a beautiful country Mexico is. As a truck driver have pasted thru Iowa great many times. A weee bit of farm land.
  7. eemsreno

Oddometer:
    That is very tempting Pete Pilot, thank's.
    I'll put up a little bike update here, it has been 4 years now almost.
    Time really flies! I have FOUR grand-daughters now and # three is two years old this week.
    As for the three BDBITW
    Mat and a car went head to head and the car won.
    Matt is as tough as a can of nails, he flew over the car and never got hurt.
    He sold me his bike for spare parts. Just the use of the rear wheel has paid for the bike. I keep it running so the engine won't just rot.
    Joey still rides his to work everyday, they live way out on a gravel road so his bike always looks pretty rough.
    My Tenere now has almost 192,000 miles and I still can't get over how nice it is. It would have more miles on it , but we picked up a new 2017 Super Tenere two years ago and when my wife goes we ride it. It has almost 17,000 miles.
    As a matter of fact I just got home today from a quick trip to Colorado on the 2012.
    [​IMG]
    This bike just runs so nice I would have never got the 2017 except my wife wanted it. At 60 years old I want to keep her riding with me as long as she will.
    She still takes long rides with me and we camp.
    [​IMG]

Steve
  8. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bringing up an old thread. Great ride report Steve. And you are truly testing outside the boundaries of those E07's. That looked like an adventure of a lifetime. I have followed a couple of your blogs and this one is the best!! I might not agree with your tire choices but you and your "riding crew" are proof of the skill level and courage to get it done!!

BTW, that rocky downhill one bike at a time was smart. Good job sir!!
    eemsreno likes this.
  9. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dudes, what an awesome RR. Just unbelievable. Thanks for sharing!
    eemsreno likes this.
  10. eemsreno

Oddometer:
    Thanks for reading guys.
    This happened yesterday
    Tomorrow it will be 8 years old.
    And that fuel mileage is correct and not rigged, I never reset it ever. That's just what it gets in the summer. [not winter]
    [​IMG]
    Roqon, Comrade Art, Lupin 3rd and 2 others like this.
  11. woodsxr

woodsxr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the 200,000 miles. I have a hard time getting 40 mpg. but also I keep mine sitting at 80 mph most of the time