1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Thursdays in Lake county

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Skinner, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    I really hope that didn't happen in the mud hole you were in.

OK I have to clear my conciense (sp?). After Joe was having a hard time (He could'nt walk from his truck to the bike, but rode anyways) and fell a couple times, you know how it is when you have a problem everything gets worse, We decided to head back and call it a day.

We get to a big mud pit caused by trucks, and I go around, fist goes around Joe comes around the corner and is stuck in the big tire rut, so he inches towards the water till his front tire was in it, and looks up at me for a sign , so, I waved him on. Now mind you I know the area and have been in this hole myself. It gets pretty deep but is soild under foot.But I have been through it lots of times. As you reach the center it drops down a little more to around 6 inches under your seat, thats were things went bad, that will catch a little off guard, Joe went for a dab on the right side and missed, and fell over, and all we could see was his mirrior and his left shoulder sticking out of the water. Every thing else was under water including his head. We jumped in and helped him out but it was too late for the bike, we pushed it to a close parking lot and brought the trucks around.
    Anyway, sorry Joe!
  2. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    its not as bad this time. the bone is held in place by the rod so itsonly a stress fracture.

I am writing off this year for riding though. next spring looks like a ways off, but this rebreak shit sucks so I gotta just focus on healing.

joe
  3. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    A wise decision my friend...Take this winter off and hit 'em hard in the Spring. :thumb
  4. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:

wait a minute, how did that little blue truck get back there? is it 4wd? I used to own an s10 2wd and I was thinking about how I would have needed a running start and a prayer.

It definitely would not have looked that clean afterward:D

btw...I loved my s10!!
  5. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    I had to move that bitch out of there -- it wasn't pretty....I nearly fishtailed into the electrical pole-- I kept having to back up and try again --

But then again, Im not her master....Im sure joe could show me a thing or two....

So, when are we riding again ?
  6. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    I saw the brownies sitting in the back seat when I got home! i forgot to take 'm out!:cry they were good though but now thier trash.
  7. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Nice work!

to bad its dark early. might have a badlands trip in the works for saturday. I'm not planning it, my cuz is. I will let you's know details in a fresh post once I know the plans...
  8. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Here are a few more photos....

The beautiful view on the drive up...
    [​IMG]

The Fist about to tear it up...
    [​IMG]

Skinner about to cook it up...
    [​IMG]

The only part of my cr that made it up...
    [​IMG]
  9. jmv400

jmv400 mudslinger aka the knee

Oddometer:
    Boy all this food and ridin makes me weak in the knees. I need a trailer for the maxima. Whats up redman. you still riding that PINK BARBIE BIKE??? Hahaha the mudslinger is here to stay. Let the shit talking begin!!!!!!! John i think all those weddings are makin yer cheese soft!
  10. jmv400

Oddometer:
    hey how do you guys get the pictures by your screen name?
  11. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    You need to send in 200 bucks to the administrator of this site.
  12. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:

oh great, you found this site.:cry whatever ya'll do don't tell mudslinger where the rid'ns at. BTW...Barbie is one bad biyach, she'd rag doll you in 2 seconds of half throttle!:nod OK, enough smack talk...welcome young jeti. I don't want to hear another word out of you until you get your M class and a plate for the xr.:deal

13. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome JMV!

I'm mostly a poser around here as the GS is too big and I'm too fat and old to ride it much off road. I can lead a good ride on the roads though.

The pics near your screen name are Avatars -- go to User CP, Edit your Avatar. They need to be small -- 75 x 75 pixels I think. Us your favorite photo editor to save a pic small. ...or pick one of the Avatars they have for you to use.

kfs
  14. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    OK I was just kidding thanks for the info kfsinc
  15. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    hey skadamo....kick ass excitebike avatar !!
  16. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Thanks! It was like finding a gold nugget.:thumb That may have been the best game ever...at the time. The dark years, back when mom and dad would not let me have a dirtbike.:cry
  17. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    :thumb :clap :clap :clap :thumb I like it too. Excellent!
  18. jmv400

Oddometer:
    well its not the one skadamo sent but it makes me want to ride!!!!! shake it yeah
  19. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    I like it, I could stare for hours.