Tierra Del Fuego to Deadhorse Alaska on a Harley Road King??????

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Gabeslaw, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabeslaw

Gabeslaw Take the Challenge Ignore the Assholes! Supporter

Oddometer:
    WORK..............I have people that depend on me now. I am in a middle of a child abuse case and I am tryng to keep the abusing parent from the child. I like what O'B wrote...."here is a lot of preparation and strategy to go over before the game even starts!"

I read these posts everyday. I read up on most RR. I do have an important question B'man ..... I am going to get my yellow fever shots through a CDC approved center that gives me a bilingual documentation of my shots for border crossings. Have you been asked at the Panamanian border for your card coming up from SA??
  2. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    I've carried my yellow fever card to about 50 countries but I've never had to show it. I've heard horror stories though- like of people being lined up and forced to get shots with dirty needles.

Get every vaccine you can. Update your polio. Hep. Typhoid. MMR. Rabies.
  3. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brazil and Suriname needed my yellow fever card, but for the PanAm not needed AFAIK but last I heard if you are wanting to see the great salt flats of Bolivia it is needed there as well.
  4. Chiriqui Charlie

Chiriqui Charlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gabe, I am also Type 2. Can you give me details on how you are dealing with it and how you get in shape? I am not an endurance rider, usually no more than 300 miles per day on my XT250.
  5. Gabeslaw

Oddometer:
    I got on the Body For Life work out plan. Hi protein and some carbs. 6 small meals a day. cardio and weights. I have been very disciplined in working out. no sodas, bread, and complicated carbs. I dropped one of my pills now I take 1,000 mg Metformin in the morning and 1,000 mg with 5 mg of Glipicide at night. The Invokana that is new medicine cause the sugar to leave thru your piss.....$350 per month ca$h (I lost my med insurance...TY Obama!). I don't use that now......don't need it but I have to check my sugar 3 times a day to monitor myself in case it shoots up. I used to use the pen for one of my meds but Dr put me back on pills. My Dr is going to be please when he sees my blood work LOL!

3rd week and it seems to be working. Before working out I woke up to 225 blood sugars. Now I wake up 114-130 depending how late I ate. I try to eat before 9 pm and sleep around 11 pm. first week i lost 5 lbs. I can feel the energy now....last longer and even sex is better! LOL! Take stairs when available and abandon the elevaters...shit like that. Out of the blue in my office to get woke up I do 25 jumping jacks.....keep that metabolism going ya know.
  6. Gabeslaw

Oddometer:
    PS.....................I get one cheat day per week to eat what I want and its on Saturdays
  7. Gabeslaw

Oddometer:
    Joe DiMaggio Children Hospital webpage is up and should you decide to donate toward this cause know that the $$$ goes directly to the Hospital to fund and pay for medical care for those families less fortunate. For example, a 10-month old child's heart transplant at no cost to the parents. Giving is secure. $5, $10, $1 Million ......what ever your heart tells you, but give something if you can and help make my run a success.

https://jdchfoundation.org/attorneythatrides

[​IMG]

https://jdchfoundation.org/attorneythatrides
  8. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
    Best of luck to you!

ps: To me there is something irritating and a bit reckless about "speed record" and Joe Di's kids in the same sentence and am quite surprised that the foundation went for it. No matter I'll still be :lurk
  9. Gabeslaw

Oddometer:
    They understand that i will place safety first above all else. There will be various fun raisers....yes FUN not Fund raisers throughout the next three months so will post the flyers should anyone want to come down to S. FL and hang out! :lol3
  10. bananaman

Oddometer:
    If you're posting flyers, just post one. Here. Not in other threads. It already looks like spam. You already have your lawyer advertising in huge bright bold font in your Sig line. You've already posted flyers. Obnoxious ones.

Advrider has rules for advertising. Read them. Stick to the letter and the spirit of the rulz. It still seems to me like your Sig line violates the advertising rulz.

Please.

Thanks
  11. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    Where's Prodhoe Bay.
  12. Gabeslaw

Oddometer:
    OK..........I will read the rules and if I have any questions I will PM you B'Man. Thank you.
  13. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Pm a mod.

Cross-posting is against the rulz. That means posting the same thing, like a flyer, in multiple threads. Especially when the flyer is asking for money.

Selling things is only for the flea market and vendors. Your Sig line sells your legal practice. If you want to promote your practice, you should start a thread in Vendors. Look around at other Sig lines. You don't see many others trying to sell stuff. There are a few exceptions. If you want an exception, ask a mod. I doubt your legal practice is so special that you'll be allowed an exception.

These are a few things that bother other inmates.
  14. bananaman

Oddometer:
    You should remove the link to your legal practice from your signature line.

In your profile, under "occupation," you can put your law office web address.
  15. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast
  16. dustin2

dustin2 VFR800

Oddometer:
    I think it's really nice that you got one of the patients at the hospital you're fundraising for to make the poster for you
  17. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
  18. bananaman

Oddometer:
    I don't know about you, but I've gotten quite a few messages about Gabe. He became a joke a long time ago. His problem with the advrider community, ie, "inmates," is that he comes across as a self-promoting buffoon.

If he takes half my advice, it'll improve his chances of not coming across like such an ass.
  19. ApexJeff

ApexJeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just checked this forum after a month and now realize why adv riders lost quite a few current and qualifed riders because of all the bullshit. A lawyer that rides? _WTF The guys I have met on the road are saying the same thing
  20. bananaman

Oddometer:
    You know you're fucked when Jeff and I agree on something!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.