Tierra Del Fuego to Deadhorse Alaska on a Harley Road King??????

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Gabeslaw, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Now I'm stunned. This guy is a douche. And probably lying about everything.

According to his gofundme page, he's asking for $15,000, and he's calling it a charity.

He also says he's going to try to do Ushuaia-Deadhorse in 21 days.
  2. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    What is Nick Sanders current record for that run? He said it was something like
    16K miles.
  3. bananaman

Oddometer:
    According to Wikipedia, Nick rode one way in 21 days. But Nick is insane. I like him.
  4. SkizzMan

Oddometer:
    I met a member of one of Nick's TDF-Dead Horse record attempts and we spent the evening drinking beers while he regaled us
    with stories from the trip. This is clearly a very high risk endeavor that strains the limits of the very best endurance riders. Nick
    is also in very good physical condition as an endurance bicyclist.

If Gabe can pull it off in under 30 days I'll buy him a Grade A steak dinner at Eddy V's in Austin. Under 21 days? :huh
  5. bananaman

Oddometer:
    If Gabe gets to Ecuador I'll donate $20 to Baldy.

I've been following Nick on fb. He's a different kind of animal.

He once rode a fucking bicycle across the Sahara??? Who does that?!
  6. SR

SR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Voted World's most tedious thread.:cry Unsubscribed until the OP gets at least south of the border.
  7. dustin2

dustin2 VFR800

Oddometer:
    I have a feeling the only thing Gabe will be riding is the gift of charity all the way to the bank
  8. Gabeslaw

Gabeslaw Take the Challenge Ignore the Assholes! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like I said.......if I have friends all over the U.S. wanting to give directly to me then that is THEIR choice. Rodger and I will spend over $20K on this trip so the "$210" that I raised in comparison to the $3,000+ confirmed donations for Joey Di's so far, and the $18K pledged donations from Corporations pales in comparison. These are friends of mine that want to give......None of you good feeling cheap bastards gave to the children.....thought so!

I dont see anything wrong with it since it is stated CLEAR that the $$$ goes toward my costs. In fact I have the link to the Children's hospital in the Go Fund Me page re-directing folks in case they wanted to give to the hospital.

You all make it sound like I am a thief taking advantage of something when in reality a bunch of you sound like a bunch of communist redistributists trying to force your social justice inequality on others. I have read so many posts here how people like B'man and others have kept quality folks from hanging around ADV due to the Nazi style attacks and values imposed as the holy gospel.

The DOUCHE is B'man and any one else that are holed up in some snow dump with nothing to do but talk Sh*t............but you never helped or even tried anything what I am doing. Have you gone to the LINK and donated to the children? I bet you didn't you cheap bast*rd.

Down here the biker community are volunteering and helping to raise $$$ that goes directly to the hospital. If my friends....(((NOT YOURS))).....want to give who the hell are you to balk.....your no one......so go along with your polyester purist thoughts and comment away below because in the end you only know how to talk....NO ACTION!

Until you donate to the children your just a hypocrite!

[​IMG]
  9. dustin2

dustin2 VFR800

Oddometer:
    "hypocrisy involves the deception of others"

That's got you summed up just nicely. Thanks for the clarification
  10. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Words of an asshole.

Me? I spent about $17,000 of my own dollars riding to Ushuaia. Not once did I ask for money. Not once did I pretend my ride was anything but an expensive adventure. There was no kind of grand lie.

You, Gabe, are the worst kind of liar: you are lying about taking money for sick children.
  11. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude :lol3
  12. Gabeslaw

Gabeslaw Take the Challenge Ignore the Assholes! Supporter

Oddometer:
    So you spent $17K but never helped anyone but yourself.....yet you attack those me with lies..........You should have a vacation to think about your false allegations.
  13. Pilaf

Pilaf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, when are you leaving? Need some more funds to begin your adventure? :evil

I have to agree with a previous poster that this has to be one of the most tedious threads around :huh
  14. SkizzMan

Oddometer:
    Gabe,

That rant of yours finally did it for me. Go do whatever you want and post whatever you like. Like MG said, it's your RR.

But, like SR, I'm done here. Unsubscribed.

If you ever actually attempt this ride I might follow along. I might not.

Buena Suerte.
  15. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Okay we've had enough.

Gabe, you have more information than most of us had before we started our big trips and this thread is nothing but pissing in the wind at this point. It's time for you to start riding and contributing to this forum instead of taking from it. :deal

I'll leave your thread here so you're free to link to it and use any of the info you've gleaned but no more posts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.