Tiffany's Trail to Tibet

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tiffany, May 13, 2011.

1. Tiffany

Tiffany Airhead Adventuress

Oddometer:
    Yep, it's true, I'm now back in the land of Reeses Pieces.

Just landed at O'Hare, and sat at the piano bar drinking a beer - in my defence my body clock is still on English time and so it feels like 7.15pm...definitely beer o'clock in my book:1drink

Immigration just about let me in- as always they look at me as if I'm a master of disguise because they have a dodgy "Tiffany Coates" on their red flag system, her real name is Cheryl but she uses Tiffany Coates as an alias. She's about the same weight as me, but as she's 6 inches shorter, I guess she's a bit more rotund than I am, she is also a different age group AND a different race, but they always call me into the office for the full interview to work out if I am her or not:rofl
    well, that would be funny, but the reality is that I'm in immigration for ages each time.

I'm going to be mainly in the West over the next three months- Chicago still have to confirm- hello Carey at Autobarn??! I'll be fitting in visits to my Secret Santas.
    Things that are definitely happening...
    I collect Thelma from Phoenix
    Overland Expo in Flagstaff 18-20th May
    GS Giants Event in Utah - 25th May
    Happy Trail in Boise Idaho - 7th June
    Seattle- Alt rider guys I think but not sure of a date
    Tynda MotoMan - Oregon (near Eugene) 24th June
    Pack and Paddle Lafayette, Louisiana with the Cajun Dirt Riders club - 12th July
    BMW MOA Rally - Sedalia, Missouri - 17th 23rd July

and home out of New York 30th July

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of America, hopefully without all the dangerous stuff this time.

so am I signing off from this Ride Report?? I guess in a funny way I am, one last picture, it's one of my favourites- as it's the one that my Dad commented "Good grief Tiffany, that bike is almost as tall as you are - how the hell did you ride it all the way to China!" all because the mirror on the right is at the same height as the top of my head!

[​IMG]

I hope to catch up with some of you over the following weeks- do say hello - I'm sure there can't be all that many women riding British registered BMWs across America.
    Thank you for following this RR.
  2. Stkmkt1

Stkmkt1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Tiffany. GS's are tall when on the center stand. See you at the Rally in July.
  3. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    awesome adventure.....:clap

t, thank you for the RR. your trip report will be revisited by many of us.
  4. Tiffany

Oddometer:
    That's very polite of you to not tell me I'm short!!
    and yes, I'll see you at the rally - Friday and Saturday I'm doing talks - no heckling:deal
  5. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer:
    If you find yourself passing through central Iowa (Des Moines), shoot me a message. My wife and I would be happy to trade you a wonderful dinner for some tails from your journeys.
    :freaky
  6. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer:
    If all goes well, we think we are picking up Austin in Durango and will see both of you in Flagstaff:lol3

safe/warm/dry ride,
    gale
  7. Tiffany

Oddometer:
    Hmm, how about Monday or Tuesday?
    That's assuming that you're on my route from Phoenix :norton
    Just found out this morning that everything is on for the Autobarn, Chicago on Thursday. I've just got to finish servicing my bike, get a new tyre and ride up there, it's a bit of a distance:D
  8. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer:
    Got your PM. Strike that as having read your ride report has answered my dietary questions.
    But we will make sure you are well fed before we send you on your way! ;)

Looking forward to meeting you. :freaky
  9. BMW Kurt

BMW Kurt Philosopher

Oddometer:
    Democratic Republic of the Disunited States
    See you in Flagstaff!
  10. Tiffany

Oddometer:
    As I'm no longer anywhere near Tibet, I think I'd better start a different thread - don't want to be accused of hi-jacking my own RR.
    got a funny pic of the collapsed tent I slept in last night, somewhere in a field near the Texas/Oklahoma state line.One of the poles broke just as I was setting it up and was irreparable.
    see you all on another thread, possibly not as exciting as the Tibet RR, but looking back on my previous RR from America where I had to contend with wolves chasing me, a tree crushing my tent, getting bit by a black widow spider and a high speed blow out near Memphis, you never know:D
    Personally, I'm hoping for a quiet life.
  11. mathewsturtevant

mathewsturtevant Motojournalist

Oddometer:
    Hey Tiffany,
    Most people that cross into Texas end up in Austin because it is so unlike the rest of Texas. Best music anywhere and really good food all over the place. I asked my wife and she said fine if you need a place to crash (if you are coming through Austin). We can take you out to dinner and have a small garage for your bike. Also, we can get your tent pole fixed as I used to work at REI and know all those folks very well. I showed her your BMW commercial a while back and we both find you quite inspiring.

Mathew and Jeannette
    www.fotomatt.com
  12. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:
    That phrase reminds me of the time I had spicy chili while visiting Death Valley...well, the next morning at least.
  13. PO-SLOKE

PO-SLOKE " ONTO " Member # 3

Oddometer:
    STELLAR PERFORMANCE Tiffany !