Tiger 800 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'British Beasts: Triumph Tigers' started by theycallmeebryan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. bikeorfishwhattodo

bikeorfishwhattodo n00b

Oddometer:
    Moderator please delete if this is not OK.
    If anyone is interested in a gen 2 Dyno tuned Power Commander(used), Quickshift(used), and an O2 sensor eliminator kit(new, never installed) please PM me for details. They were on a 2015 that that was rear ended 2-3 weeks post install. I purchased them for my 2013 and ended up not needing them to tune on Dyno.
  2. Thundinator

Thundinator Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

Here a 2016xcx owner, have been reading all the posts however not clear in my situation what should do.

Currently have an SC Project Adventure, with no Db-killers, O2 sensor eliminator and de-cat. Use the bike a lot for off road

Have arrow map on it (don't know if the current Triumph arrow map is different than the, TUNE ECU one.
    As you know, is not compatible with TUNE ECU my model...

Should I be going with stock map then? I want to have the power on the low mid range, and reading through the posts seems arrow map gives the torque at the high end RPM range... Which is something I don't want... I can feel the bike pulling like crazy when going over 8000rpm...seems it would go up even more.

However the arrow maps injects more fuel and I don't know if it's something I should keep because of my current setup with more exhaust air flow...

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance.
    20190615_112942.jpg
    twowings likes this.
  3. DumDum09

DumDum09 n00b

Oddometer:

Hi Did you ever run those two tunes and compare? I have a 2011 Roadie ABS with Arrow, about to put on the 21064 tune, which the TUNE ECU program says is the most updated one. Are there any custom tunes that are recommended instead of the 21064 tune? Better question, are there even any other better options or is that the best so far?
  4. HarryJames

HarryJames n00b

Oddometer:
    I never did anymore with modifying the maps. I run the stock arrow map and I’m very happy with it.
  5. DumDum09

DumDum09 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the response. I'll try the 21064 and hope for the best.
  6. DumDum09

DumDum09 n00b

Oddometer:
    So I plugged in the 21064 and am very happy with it. Admittedly, I customized the Air/Fuel mapping to make it a little more efficient, as some smart people have mentioned that 14.70 is the most efficient burn, I bumped up the cruising portion of the throttle/rev range to match that. In addition I dropped my Fan Temp to come on at an even 100*C.

Otherwise, the 21064 really smoothed out the power delivery on the 2011 Tiger Roadie ABS with Arrow. Seem to be getting a little better mpg too. It is very important that you reset the adaptations after you load the tune successfully, and then turn off the bike, turn it back on and do that 12 minute tune on top of that. (Turn it on, start it, dont touch the throttle, run til fan comes on, run 12 more minutes, then turn it off).. Oh and then go for a ride!

The only issue is that my fuel gauge is still wonky. Sometimes it reads fuel level, sometimes it doesnt. Hoping that irons itself out.
    666 likes this.
  7. Michelangelo

Michelangelo 2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer:
    Which cable do I need to use Tuneboy ECU here in the USA?
    I
    JUST PICKED UP A 2012 TIGER 800 XC. It is idling erratically around 2,000 RPM. And the check engine light is on. This is how I purchased the bike.
    I downloaded Tuneboy ECU app and want to make sure I get the correct high quality cable so I can access it through my Android. Does someone have a link to what they are using? I prefer not to use the Bluetooth connector.
  8. Norty01

Norty01 RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!)

Oddometer:
    Sounds like an intake air leak.
    XYooper906 likes this.
  9. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    Same setup, 2014 roadie abs with arrow but with KN airfilter and snorkel prefilter. I am running 20767. It is great power ans mpgs much better than stock .
    For fuel level dealer did some reflashing and it worked great ever since(not sure what, it was 3 years ago)
  10. Jorgezgza

Jorgezgza n00b

Oddometer:
    For whom this may come in handy.
    I am using the original triumph AFR map, from a 2018 Tiger xcx , this I have taken from the tuneecu maps, and I have passed it to the power commander.
    I have equipped, Arrow, De-cat, BMC filter.
    The next thing I'm going to do is modify the air filter with an "INTAKE TRUMPET" of a Speed Triple, reference triumph T2201244.

Attached Files:

11. OldCheetah

OldCheetah n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi all, a quick one on maps, I have 2016 Tiger XCX with Arrow exhaust and map, now I am planning to install Power Commander V with Auto tune module and quick shifter, do I need to put the stock map back on stock ECU or I can override the same once I plug the Power Commander.
    Thanks in advance.
  12. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    It'll make no difference as the pc will change whatever's there on the bike anyway (my understanding). Personally think the quick shifter is a waste. I shift clutchless up and down without one.
  13. Timps27

Timps27 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quick question, I have dealertool and their OBD2 usb cable. The dealertool connected to the ECU no problem but after pulling initial data I had to send it in for a key reg. I tried connecting to the ecu using tune ecu and although it picked up the right com and the OBD2 connector was sporadically flashing indicating data transfer it said it cound't connect to the ecu. Anyone been able to hook tune ecu to their ecu using the dealertool cable?
  14. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    The dealer tool is not compatible with tuneecu.
  15. Timps27

Timps27 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's too do with the dealertool cable having differing hardware.