1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Tiger 800 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by theycallmeebryan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    I used hybrid map provided here. See my earlier post. Tune 20767. Runs great and better fuel economy than stock map with stock exhaust. 20 k miles so far.
  2. JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From page 1:

FACTORY MAPS
    20767 - 800XC ABS with Arrow Exhaust - (USA 87 Octane Minimum)(EUR 91 RON Minimum)

CUSTOM MAPS
    800 Roady non-ABS
    TCMB - Tiger 800 - 20767/20769 Hybrid Map - with non-Stock exhaust - (USA 87 Octane Minimum)(EUR 91 RON Minimum)

So which one are you running cuz 20767 is not the hybrid, it's the factory map? Well it is PART of it as the hybrid is the 20767 and 20769.
  3. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    TCMB - Tiger 800 ABS - 20767_20769 Hybrid Map Smoothed

I also use prefilter and K&N typr of filter
  4. mylastbike

mylastbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I need to load the software onto my computer. Do I install the OBD2 driver first then install the TuneECU software? The install guide I found was from 2015. Seems like it might be out of date by now.
  5. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    No follow the guide from tuneecu.
  6. mylastbike

Oddometer:
    The guide I found came from their website. It was dated 2015.
  7. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still works so why change it?
  8. mylastbike

Oddometer:
    Read the existing tune on my bike. It was 20768. Got my Arrow fitted and the updated Arrow standard map uploaded. Just need to do a 12 minute tune then I’m ready to ride.
  9. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    I never did that 12 minute thing. I could see (feel) the difference after map loading instantly.
  10. mylastbike

Oddometer:
    Won’t the ECU readapt as I ride anyways? I don’t understand the purpose of the 12 minute idling tune.
  11. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    It'll add new adaptions to the existing adaption point. Can lead to some weird running without resetting. As I found. You can also get lucky depending on the state of your adaptions
  12. ratranger

ratranger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After I did a full service on mine, valve adjustment/cam chain/sliders/air filter etc. I put the hybrid tune on. It didn't want to idle at first, so I had to shut down and wait for the stepper to reset, then everything went fine the second start. So it could have been the cam timing changing a little from the new chain, or the new tune. Either way mine needed it.
  13. mylastbike

Oddometer:
  14. mikeysduck

mikeysduck Slow Ride to Nowhere

Oddometer:
    Help needed.
    I'm a simple man with simple needs.
    I have a 2018 XcX. I want to know if any of ODB II blue tooth readers will work with Apple IOS / apps on the Triumph.
    I want to clear the maintenance light. Flushing the ABS would be swell too.
  15. attacklibrarian

attacklibrarian Chucktown Tiger 800

Oddometer:
    Has anyone come across the error "Incompatible Map" using TuneECU?

I've been trying to load/reprogram maps 21049 and 21053 to my 2016 Triumph Tiger 800XCx ABS (VIN 734985) and I keep getting the error message above after clicking continue/agree on the acknowledments that it will void the warranty and could mess up my engine. I have the headlight fuse removed, and the key is in the on/accessories position (i.e. not running, but the parking light is on). I'm even hooked up to my battery tender.

I'm connecting to my bike using the OBDLink MX and a bluetooth connection to a Samsung galaxy s4 phone running android 5.0.1. I'm interfacing with TuneECU, version 4.7, which I just bought from the Google Play store.

TuneECU shows a connection with my bike and through the OBD scanner (it shows the green bard), and I can successfully conduct diagnostic tests (radiator fan, temp sensor, etc.). The app also reads the bike's activity when I turn on the engine.

My bike has adjustable cruise control, and I read somewhere that may need to be reset after reprogramming a new fuel map, so maybe that's throwing it off for some reason?

I've tried reinstalling the app, re-downloading the map .hex files, selecting the Sagem ECU (rather than the Keihin), and saving/overwriting the map file from within the app. I'm shooting in the dark here...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
  16. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Didn't think you could program post 15 Tigers. Error would suggest the maps are not compatible for what ever reason. There is a crc check carried out.
    attacklibrarian likes this.
  17. attacklibrarian

Oddometer:
    That may be the case, but that's not what I gathered from the TuneECU website, specifically the compatible bikes list that shows Tiger 800 XC, XCX, XR, XRX (2015-2017) with the stipulation you do the remapping with the setup I'm using (Bluetooth OBD scanner and android app).

https://app.box.com/s/pusg6v7nyd/file/499165854146
  18. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think it's a hardware fault. You have a connection running. As the error says it's a map compatibility issue. Possibility because 2 maps are involved and the check sum is off. Not much help I know but I use my OnePlus 5 and a cable connection.
    attacklibrarian likes this.
  19. attacklibrarian

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. Can you tell me what you mean when you say "2 maps are involved in the check"? Are you saying it's reading the installed map and the new map I want to install and that's what might be causing the issue?
  20. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you tried downloading from the Tiger your current map. This would confirm your setup anyway. Download takes about 15minutes or so (on my '11)