Tiger 800 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by theycallmeebryan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. attacklibrarian

attacklibrarian Chucktown Tiger 800

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, that’s not an option with the Bluetooth connection (per the developer’s instructions). Fortunately, ... kind of... I got ahold of the developer and confirmed what I’m experiencing is a bug that “will be fixed in the next release.” Not sure when that will be.
    OleShep likes this.
  2. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fairly significant bug. But fair play to Alain because it wasn't that long ago there was no way into '15 and on Tigers. :beer
  3. OleShep

OleShep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am so glad you took the time to post. I need to do the exact same update on my 2015 XCx and you just saved me a lot of hair pulling. Will you please post here once they notify you of the bug fix?

Thank you very much..
  4. OleShep

OleShep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like he fixed the bug were you able to reflash your ECU?
  5. OleShep

OleShep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Confirmed. I was able to update my 2015 Tiger 800 XCx last night using TuneECU version 4.7.34. All went well but had to do the Cruise Reset afterwards..
    BigDiggity likes this.
  6. BigDiggity

BigDiggity Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I'm a little late to the party... is TuneECU now working with 2015+ Tigers? Can custom maps be uploaded to this range of bikes through TuneECU?
    Cheers
  7. OleShep

OleShep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I loaded a OEM map without issue. Not sure about custom.. 2015 XCx
    BigDiggity likes this.
  8. attacklibrarian

attacklibrarian Chucktown Tiger 800

Oddometer:
    I was able to load a map to my 2016 XCx without issue.
    BigDiggity likes this.
  9. BigDiggity

BigDiggity Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for my delayed reply, was your map OEM also or did you have any fuelling changes?
  10. Daro

Daro n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everybody! Do you know if there is a custom map that helps me whit the deceleration cat rattle/popping on my 2011 tiger800 rodie w/Abs and factory exhaust.
    I local the 21766 map from tune ECU and it didnt help me. Thanks
  11. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try triumphs arrow map. Works for me and I don't have an arrow
  12. HarryJames

HarryJames n00b

Oddometer:
    Agreed, arrow map will work
  13. MotoTex

MotoTex Miles of Smiles

Oddometer:
    Late to the dance, but finally got around to installing the Hybrid tune. Went from ~39 mpg to 47 on the first tank. I hope this trend continues. It will be nice to see over 200 miles from a tankful.

Right off the bat I noticed better throttle response. It was subtle, yet consistent enough to leave me feeling it wasn't just wishful thinking. I'd have to say I've become used to a lag or slight delay on throttle coming off idle and in the lower gears over the years and it being gone is what I noticed. Still popping on decel, but maybe not as much. Hard to say for certain.

This is on a '13 800XC with a Delkevic Tri-oval slip-on.
    666 likes this.
  14. Tommy.Z

Tommy.Z n00b

Oddometer:
    But the Hybrid-Tune is made my an older Tune. I think there is no one made by the newest Tune.
  15. ironcobbler

ironcobbler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have access to the L1-L3 Tuneecu mapping for a 2015-2019 tiger 800 and be willing to post pictures of them on this thread? the specific year/submodel is not important, I just do not have an Android device to access them and only would like to use them as reference for comparison purposes. I'm just tired of the 1st gen stock map decel popping and I have a hunch that specific differences in the 2nd gen L maps might be the cure. Thanks
  16. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you tried the Triumph Arrow tune - 21063 non abs, 21064 abs
  17. ironcobbler

ironcobbler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes I have, not a fan of the MPGs and I still get some racket between 5000 and 4000 revs on hard deceleration (it is tolerable but still a little annoying). I have been able to greatly improve the decel popping by richening the L maps from 2000-10000rpm at low manifold pressures (166-410hPa). This method is a bit blind, it richens the problem areas and non-problem areas of the mapping. Ideally, it could be tuned out of the stock map with a little dyno time, identifying key problem areas but I do not have this option where I am currently living. It seems 2015+ tiger do not have this issue so I'm thinking comparing differences might be insightful.