Tiger 800 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by theycallmeebryan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. seifer

seifer n00b

Oddometer:
    Yes, new maps loaded.

Bryan can you revise if any update?

Thanks
  2. jeremyjo

jeremyjo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did some flipping between the tables and didn't see any difference between the old tunes (20767 & 20769) and the new tunes (21065 & 21067).

Maybe some under the hood changes that aren't accessible with TuneECU?
  3. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup TuneECU can only access a small portion of the overall tune.
  4. jeremyjo

jeremyjo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there any way to figure out what changed in the tune? Does Triumph send out a note or service bulletin to dealers giving them reasons to install the new map instead of just leaving the bike as-is?
  5. Tcazes

Tcazes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    running stock maps and stock pipe with lots of popping on decel. the bike does have 30k miles on it and I have no clue what fuel map is on it honestly. assuming stock. what cable/program should I get and use, and what map would yall suggest for stock pipe. just stock tune?
  6. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    @jeremyjo Triumph may do that but if they do dealers are tight lipped about the contents.

@Tcazes Standard tune is fine. You'll find a lot of riders with an Arrow exhaust have reverted to the standard tune as the arrow tune drinks the go juice like a thirsty alcoholic. Try tuneecu.com for all details.
  7. Tcazes

Tcazes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    you da man. thank you sir!! tuneecu is what I used for my buell so nothing new there.
  8. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    TCMB, I would like to see a map that was Arrow for the first two maps and gear 4 5 6 stock. do you manually transfer all those numbers or can you just swap the third maps in each tune. I have not tried messing with the numbers to see how that part works.
  9. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    anyone notice anything new with either of the new Tunes?
  10. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    looks like the 20654 was replace by the 20770 and then that was replaced by the 21062?
  11. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup,

Just realised I was reading the table wrong. Personally I would put the most recent at the top, not the bottom!! Will load 21062 tomorrow. Just need to make a couple of changes as I don't have an O2 sensor and I find the heat pulses from the radiator coming on are less noticeable with the fan coming on at 100 instead of 103 degrees C
  12. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I down loaded and unzipped both files and the latest TuneEcu and I cannot open those new maps it says Corrupt file or unsupported map? Tried delete and re download. Three times. anyone else have this problem with the new maps and software?
  13. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    duh. never mind.
  14. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    uploaded 21062. Reset Adaptations - the longer 12 minute method, as needs closed loop, ie an O2 sensor, to use the tuneecu quite adaptation. Feels no different but am up-to-date.

And yes you'll need the latest version of tuneecu and the latest .dll for everything to work.
  15. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it was the .dll that got me. I finally read all the fine print! well ok it is in RED duh.... back to your normal programing. 12 minute. is that the start and don't touch method? thanks
  16. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    one other question about reset. I saw a video. load maps shut off bike. count to *** then turn key back on and do reset till the light says your good. is that still true on the current bikes? I have a 2014-SEXC and it lets you do a reset without the key off back on bit. but does it work?
  17. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the little light at bottom turns green then you're sucking diesel. Seems the newest version of tuneecu doesn't need the off on off routine. Moot for me as it was greyed out as the O2 is switched off.
    Timalan likes this.
  18. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes. 12 minutes from when the fan 1st kicks in ( actually 12 minutes from reaching 90 degrees C - but unless you still have computer attached wait for fan cutting in as your start point)
  19. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed the newest Map for stock exhaust this weekend. I have been averaging 39-41 mpg. and mid throttle has been kind of burbly and not stable. (Arrow map from previous set of maps) I reset adaptations then I did the 12 minute thing just to watch the digital junk work on the computer.... Bike is smoother than its ever been. decal pops a little. Less than old stock more than old Arrow. and for the 12 mile trip to work 50.8 mpg usually the work trip is 37. we will see when a tank goes through but Leo Vince and the new stock map is feeling great. low end power "feels" better, seemed about the same up top.
  20. Timalan

Timalan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Filled tank today. fuel Indicator goes to full almost right away now. Used to be a mile for it to slowly register full... Is that something behind the scenes on the ecu software?