Tiger 800 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by theycallmeebryan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Yes, the newest maps allow for a much quicker update of the fuel level indicator.
    Timalan likes this.
  2. mikeyman67

mikeyman67 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pity I didn't stumble across this earlier. Leaving for a 3 day trip to WV Saturday AM and I am not going to chance screwing up the bike. 2013 Tiger ABS with Leo Vince on and K&N Filter. Previous owner said he put the stock tune back on because he liked the pop on decel. It is running OK but I am in the low 40's mpg wise and that seems kinda low. My Sprint 1050 gets the same, but its pushing 250cc's more and 30 more horses. When I get home I will try this and the Stock Tune w/Arrow to see which works best. Thanks for the brain fodder!
  3. mikeyman67

mikeyman67 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK...applied the hybrid map and have to say WOW. Responsive everywhere and economy seems much improved. I have a 2013 800 ABS Roadie with a Leo Vince and K&N filter (all of this was on the bike when I picked it up used). Ran it all day today and I was pleased. Going to see how it plays for a while, but I see no need to change. VERY nice work!
  4. Silent mobius

Silent mobius Silent Mobius

Oddometer:

I've sent you a PM but... no answer from you. Would like to try it: I'm riding the Tiger 800 XC 2011NON ABS with LeoVince LV One EVO II Slip-On Exhaust and I'm after a map with this conditions. Now runnng the 20770 map on Leo Vince... will that be a good choice for trying?

TigerMode 800XC'er
  5. BDMaha

BDMaha Mud loving street rider

Oddometer:
    I bought used a 2013 xc two weeks ago and have about 500 miles on it now with the 21067 tune which gave me 38mpg (indicated on dash) with stock exhaust and playing with new bike; I got to 170 miles when light came on. I am now running a Werx exhaust and TCMB hybrid tune now since yesterday and with it only been about 30 miles, id have to say that I like the slow cruise throttle much better now. I do not need to twist the throttle as much to do like 40 or 50 or 60 mph ( my commute to work is 15 miles mostly 2 lane rural roads with stop lights, but I manage 80+ couple times a day cause Im an idiot on a new bike) however on my work commute so far I have picked up to 41 mpg (indicated). I am curious now to ride the bike with in the law and see what kind of mileage I get, and also not to get into trouble. Love this bike!!! Also the top end does seem smoother to me and it revs much faster now. The exhaust doesn't seem to drone as badly around 2500 rpm. I have looked very closely at the changes in fuel and ignition that Bryan has put together for us and it is a significant change...leaner and more timing. Just curious if anyone has been watching the plugs while running his tunes. Since last year when this thread has started, it seems nothing but positive vibes about Bryan's hard work in these tunes. And I am adding to that positive regarding the hybrid tune. I will report back...
  6. BDMaha

Oddometer:
    If I read this correctly, you are using the lean cruise tune, correct? with stock exhaust? How is it going? How many miles? is this mpg indicated on dash or calculated.
  7. BDMaha

Oddometer:
    Another thing, should we be using high octane with this hybrid tune? Anyone have several hundred miles using just 87 octane with aftermarket pipe and the hybrid tune?
    I just learned I have non ethanol 87 octane available to me
  8. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Structural Failure

Oddometer:
    my 2012 ABS 800xc stock exhaust runs the 20769. mates bike is the same model but has 20629 map. I understand this is an early outdated map? Would there be any advantage to him if he were to replace it with the 20769?

I'm a little unsure about his bike being a 2012 though as its a little different to mine...doesn't have the bigger stainless bashplate so might be a 2011 registered in 2012? which might explain the older map installed?
  9. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've found that each replacement tune/map has improved some aspect of the engine running, so yes update. easy to do using tuneecu
    macintosh likes this.
  10. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Structural Failure

Oddometer:
    He has said his bike is a little snachie at low rpm which I understand was a problem with some of the earlier tiger maps? That being the case and the fact that mine runs pretty smooth right through the rev range it looks like a map issue. Cant help wondering why his bike (2011 or 12) would have such an old map from the factory when my 2012 doesn't.
  11. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most likely because his hasn't been back to a triumph dealer for service. Your's is also 1 map generation out as well. Should be 21067
    Night Falcon likes this.
  12. Ronin1

Ronin1 Hoonigan

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 Roadie ABS with an Leo Vince slip on. What are the two maps that would work best? I'm running the 20768 now.
  13. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    21066 replaces 20768
    Ronin1 likes this.
  14. LordZed

LordZed That rug really tied the room together

Oddometer:
    QFT! LOLz!
  15. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    WTF?
    LordZed likes this.
  16. BDMaha

Oddometer:
    Ive got about 700 miles on it now with the hybrid tune and werx exhaust. fuel economy 1to 2 mpg better than the stock tune. put a 15 tooth sprocket on and now back to 40 mpg. Runs great! Im running 87 octane no ethenol
    Night Falcon likes this.
  17. theycallmeebryan

theycallmeebryan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad everyone is having good experience with my Hybrid tune! :-)
  18. theycallmeebryan

theycallmeebryan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Silent Mobius (mobius knee braces? I use them, too).

I use a Leo Vince SBK exhaust on my bike and run the Hybrid tune just fine on quality 87 octane pump gas. You should be able to use the XC NON ABS Hybrid map with no issues.

In your PM you mentioned that you use 95 Octane. I did actually make a higher octane map to attempt to take advantage of 100 octane (7$/gal here), but there wasn't a significant difference in perceived power so I haven't bothered uploading it. In order to really take advantage of the higher octane, we'd have to bump up the compression by either installing new pistons or shaving the head.
  19. Silent mobius

Oddometer:

Thnak yuo for your answer ,

Will try it as soon as I get my Bike sorted...

Having some problems with starting the Bike after riding for a few miles :-(

And today... P0640 - fuel sensor level fault :-(

No happy at all with it and with triumph once I'm now waiting for one answer for weeks now. And only to get some kind of answer...nothing in concrete though :-(

But thank's for the answer. Didn't know if I could use it or not y)
  20. Silent mobius

Oddometer:
    Was about to try and DL the XC NON ABS Hybrid map but just noticed that you did advise against using these tunes on other than a 800XC ABS in aswering to 'onetire' on #23...

Just worried once the maps used on that map are both to ABS Bikes...

Did any one with NON BAS tryied the XC NON ABS Hybrid map? If yes... how does the Bike run?

I really woyld like to try it but with the issues with triumph at the moment ( can get any answer from them as if I was banned from the Brand ) and wouldn't want to have major problems with the Bike .

Please any one some input please

Thank you so much

TgerMode800XC'er