Tiger 800 Tuning Thread

Discussion in 'British Beasts: Triumph Tigers' started by theycallmeebryan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. theycallmeebryan

theycallmeebryan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mobius,

I uploaded hybrid maps for each variant of the bike. Just download the map for your bike and it should work fine.

Before i uploaded maps for the other versions of the bike, i advised against people trying to use the 800xc ABS tune on any other variant at the time.

Hope that answers your question, and let me know how it goes!
    LordZed and Night Falcon like this.
  2. Silent mobius

Silent mobius Silent Mobius

Oddometer:
    Yes it does TCMB (y)

The thing was that when I came across this thread you had already up loaded the tunes for all the models so I had never seen only the first tune ence my doubt :-)
    Will have a go tomorrow early and hopefully will have some feedback on how it runs at the end of the day as I'll put some mileage running on it :-)

Thank you so much for quick response on this. Hope all will run smoothly :-)

on another note: have trade some words with some one @ Procycle Dyno and according to theme it was not recommended that we used ANY pre-downloaded/base maps as they are just reliable enough. This came across because on my first attempt to DL a tune into my Bike the Bike became a bit strange. And according to theme even 2 of the exact same model/Bike/same mods etc could run OK on one Bike & terrible on another Bike. ( in my case I foud that I didn't made the reset the adaptation correctly )

Tiger800XC'er
  3. Silent mobius

Oddometer:
    Just a small update as I couldn't go to far as some emergency arise on the way... up laded the NON ABS hybrid tune ( 20771) and... Bike is smoother than its ever been and very responsive everywhere . Much different from previous tune and only thing noticed (as with previous tune 21062) is a smal cut off at lower rpm and air-hole but do think is as to do with the air filter ( MWR High Efficiente Open Air box filter ) as I toke off the 'plate' responsable to make the air/dirt to be spread over the complete airfilter and not just on the right side due to the snorkel...

On the 20 mile ride managed 50.4 mpg but...will have a better figure next saturday as will have a go ona longer trip and with full tank. Will try not to get passed 62.1 mph and see the results.

Not much of information but... couldn go furter today :-(

But one thing I noticed... Bike never run so good and responsive as after the DL of the Hybrid NON ABS tune so... thank you TCMB (y) Nice work here mate :-)

up-date

Finally I was able to take a Ride with the hybrid Tune and I should say that I'm very happy with it: on a 300 Km Ride I've managed to find that my consumption was 60 mpg with speeds between 80 and 120 Km / h What put this tune as the most ecnomic. Also I canĀ“t really say that I've lost any power or life on my Bike.

Once again... thank you TCMB (y)

TigerMode800XC'er
    LordZed likes this.
  4. theycallmeebryan

Oddometer:
    Glad it worked out! I'll be uploading an updated tune soon that has some slight improvements to the currently posted hybrid tune.
    XYooper906 and LordZed like this.
  5. LordZed

LordZed That rug really tied the room together

Oddometer:
    Yes please!!
  6. Silent mobius

Oddometer:
    Will be waiting on that TCMB :-)

Next saturday will post some more in relation to the behavior of the bike with the new tune as I'm planning on doing some Riding ON and OFF Road ;-)

Keep Up on the Good Work. We appreciate it... at least I do :D

TigerMode800XC'er
    BDMaha, LordZed and XYooper906 like this.
  7. theycallmeebryan

Oddometer:
    About to head out 2-up with my lady to test out a new touring/economy tune that i've been working on. Its focus will be purely on mellowing out the power and providing the best fuel economy, and will sacrifice a little in performance. I prefer testing these tunes 2-up on pump gas so that i can make sure the tune will not ping for you guys.

If all goes well, I'll upload it later tonight.
    Silent mobius likes this.
  8. dualbert

dualbert I'm not like the "others"

Oddometer:
    My tiger is a '12, 800 XC ABS. I have installed a carbon Delkevic. It is basically a open tube flame deflector. I installed the silencer/baffel, and I cal still see daylight through the pipe. I have also removed the charcoal evap box, as well as the catalytic converter. Stock air filter. Have removed the snorkel and installed a UNI pre-filter. Stock gearing.

I live in Chattanooga, TN. Local elevation 700ft. Average mountain area is 1400 and gets steeper as I go east. When I ride in a dual-sport capacity, I generally have to ride 45mins of interstate, then 50/50 asphalt twisties and forest service gravel. I generally am ripping it whenever possible. However, I plan to do more bagged up ADV type rides. This season will be the TAT sections from Pelham to West-Helena.

I have been able to connect the bike to TuneECU and view the map. I have not tinkered with it. I have today ordered DealerTool so that I can also do my ABS breaks.

I am hoping you have a map with these parameters/mods in mind. I appreciated the power the bike had. I think I am a little weak on the top end pull, but not by a lot. (I haven't risen the bike that much as I am still finishing up the 12K service) I would of course like optimum fuel economy with as much power as can be delivered. I prefer a linear power map that behaves more like a V-twin, broad midrange.

Hope you have something on the shelf. Let me know what I need to do and/or applicable fees. -bert
  9. dualbert

dualbert I'm not like the "others"

Oddometer:
    gonna try the TuneECU hybrid with Arrow unless suggested otherwise. -bert
  10. LordZed

Oddometer:
    It will work fine for you, go for it.
    The hybrid works good to boost MPG's while keeping some good aspects of the Arrow tune.

I would also love someone to do a more "high power" map eventually. Someone who had a dyno tune done with an aftermarket can. I think it could squeeze out a slight bit of power for those days you just want to go all out sport mode and could care less about MPG.
  11. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    Got good deal on new arrow. Installed and loaded hybrid map on 13 roadie with abs, high flow air filter ,without snorkel with uni prefilter. Low end and midrange definitely more responsive. No problems, no backfiring . Smooth. Will get back on mpg.
  12. XYooper906

XYooper906 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Which high-flow air filter did you install? I have a Sprint filter that was given to me, haven't found anyone who has used one yet.
  13. theycallmeebryan

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the delay in uploading the max economy tune. I'm really trying to squeeze as much as i can out of it, so give me some time.

On a side note, i started playing around with using the Daytona 675R ignition map on the Tiger. It requires some minor tweaking to interpolate values since the RPM values in the Daytona map are different in spots. Initial thoughts are that it sucks off idle (the hybrid tune is way better), but works pretty well in the mid to upper range (about on par with my hybrid tune).

Glad its working out for you!
  14. theycallmeebryan

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about doing that, but you really can only go so far. The only way you'd make more power is if the tune you were running was not correct in the first place, and by re-tuning the bike you would be correcting it (which, that's essentially what the hybrid tune has done).

The real way to make more power is to increase the compression, run higher octane, and tune the ignition maps for maximum cylinder pressure. You won't see a significant performance gain with a motor that is designed to run on regular gasoline by simply running higher octane and increased timing.
    XYooper906 and LordZed like this.
  15. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    BMC
    XYooper906 likes this.
  16. LordZed

Oddometer:
    I heard you can turn off the little wrench on the dash with Tune ECU, but for the life of me, I cant figure out how when I messed around with it yesterday.

I also uploaded the hybrid map to give it a try again. The Arrow tunes mpg's are just not doing it for me. I used Tune ECU to turn off the O2 in hopes it cures my cruising/slight throttle fueling stumble.
  17. bluestar

bluestar sheep shagger

Oddometer:
    I think you can only do that with the Android version, not on a PC. I couldn't find it using the PC version.
  18. LordZed

Oddometer:
    Awww boooooo! I only have a PC and I phone :/
  19. 2old2care

2old2care Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Isn't there a little button when in trip mode that tells you your overall gas mileage & current MPG?
    K1200LT likes this.
  20. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    Went for 250 mile ride. about 80 miles hgwy at 80-85mph. And rest very spirited backroads. 44.5 mpg average. Great power increase in mid range low speed.
    Top speed same as before, around 115.