1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiger 900 Rally Pro Engine Heat

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Texasten, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Texasten

Texasten Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeppers, been to Dudleys also! Fun stop there.
    Update: Wore a pair of cycle gear chino riding pants today, with knee armor and kevlar. It did help a lot with the heat. It was 86 degrees when got home from breakfast run, and it was tolerable. Used LD comfort sleeves on return trip.... Ok, will let you know if we get a trip planned out there. Went there in 2017 and 2019, so it is time!!!
  2. Jarrett2

Jarrett2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took my Rally Pro out in 58 degrees this morning and I was really wishing I had some of this this excessive engine heat folks talk about it.

I had to settle for the heated grips and seat :)
  3. ratranger

ratranger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been riding my 800 here in OK, it's been up close to 100 a few days and over 90 quite a bit. I really feel the heat at stops, but moving its not bad. The ducati 748 I used to have was way worse, that thing it seemed like any time you dropped below 20mph the fans would kick on.

Side note: working as a dealer tech I ride all sorts of different bikes daily. The coolest temp wise are scooters, hottest are the aircooled twins. Compared to a lot of bikes the tiger doesn't seem bad.
    Cruz likes this.
  4. Jarrett2

Jarrett2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is my assessment of them as well.

On the cooler side of bikes I've owned/ridden.