Tilting at Windmills, A Masked Campaign Around Southeast Utah

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Animal Instinct, Feb 15, 2021.

1. bomose

bomose Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking us along. Here's to many more trips with Yeller.:photog
    Animal Instinct likes this.
  2. jredford

jredford Ninja Racer

Oddometer:
    Bravo - fantastic report.
  3. JoToPe

JoToPe JoToPe

Oddometer:
    Trusty steed Yeller should get special recognition for taking you there and back. There is something about traveling on a thumper that is magical. They just do what they need to do without any complaint, aren’t finicky, and in their own way, are a beautiful piece of machinery. Thanks for taking us along on your journey with Yeller.
  4. Ol Man

Ol Man Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well done. Nice adventure.
    Animal Instinct and Railrocker like this.
  5. Wumpletoad

Wumpletoad Last of the Late Brakers.

Oddometer:
    Sharing the pillion with the others has been a bit cramped but nevertheless, a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I hope we shall be invited to the next sortie into the vastness which is America.
  6. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you again. Great ride. Great report too.
    On the subject of windmills, I might suggest a right from where you are through the Mojave and toward the town of Tehachapi. It’s a windmill fest through there.
  7. staticPort

staticPort Meditrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another great ride and superb report! Thanks for letting us ride along, Scott.
  8. Salsa

Salsa Long timer

Oddometer:
    "When the smoke cleared, it cost me ~$75.00 a day. Not too shabby for a paid vacation, right?"

Cheaper than staying home !!!!

Don
  9. Animal Instinct

Animal Instinct Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Exactly. :photog
    Salsa likes this.
  10. BadPoet

BadPoet Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Oddometer:
    Wow. Just got caught up finally. Thanks for such a great report. I’m leaving Houston in about three weeks to do a fly n ride from Colorado back to Texas and your trip report is a great resource. I’ll only have 7 days to get back and it will be my first real trip and I’m considering doing my first ride report as well. I too was heavily influenced by Beverly Cleary’s books. Still have an original copy. Started riding at 8 yrs of age and can’t remember if I read the book first or started riding first but either way it started me on this crazy adventure. I worked in the oil fields a couple of summers through high school in your area out around Burkburnett in the early 80s when the temps hit 121 F during a bad heat wave. Brutal. Empire of the summer moon - great book . It’s cool you’ve traveled that path. I’ve read some of your other reports and though it’s been a while and I don’t remember all the details I do remember enjoying them. There is definitely an art to good story telling and people from West Texas have a natural talent for it Keep up the good work and Thanks Again.
    nochwas and Animal Instinct like this.
  11. Animal Instinct

Animal Instinct Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greatly appreciated, BadPoet.

People don't get it, but the heat and cold in this area are amplified. I hope your fly n ride turns out to be a fine adventure and I encourage you to post a report.