Tim Tebow to the Patriots, SEC Network, no no the Eagles that's it EAGLES !

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Vanishing Point, Jun 10, 2013.

1. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Shrineclown would spooge his big screen TV and spend the rest of the week wiping off his La-Z-Boy.
  2. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    If the Eagles keep three quarterbacks, Tim Tebow will be back in the NFL. His stats look pretty good from Thursday's final preseason game.But of course, they were achieved against guys scrabbling, like himself, for second and third string jobs.

A columnist from the Orlando Sentinel had this to say about the game.

3. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    So where does he go now?

I'm sure there's a pulpit waiting for him somewhere, but has the NFL finally seen the last of him?
  4. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I reckon so. If Chip Kelly can't use his talents, then it must be the end of the road. It sounds like nobody was convinced by his revamped throwing motion. And he never was much good at reading a defense.

Time for this thread and his playing career to die.
  5. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Can I get an AMEN?
  6. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Persecution of Christians continues unabated.
  7. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    How about sending him to the Cowboys? Hee hee......
  8. troidus

troidus Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is only one god in Arlington, and that's

[​IMG] .

Tebow might have trouble with that.
  9. Royal Tiger

Royal Tiger Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer:
    Oh no, not that.

I hope you made it back safely from Kentucky to attend the Kim Davis vigil.

Tim Tebow is out of the NFL because he sucks, not because of his overt religious stance.
  10. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Eh, that is why there is a hole in the roof. So the real master can send them their savior.
  11. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I've never heard of David Anderson. But the guy made a living for six years as a NFL receiver. That's a respectable amount of time to stay in the league.

So when he calls Tim Tebow the worst QB he's ever played with, he has credibility. In a radio interview, he goes into brutal specifics.

"His mechanics really throw you off as a receiver because you're not really sure when the ball is coming," Anderson said.

So why's that bad?

"If you're playing in the middle of the field, you need to know when the ball's coming and you need to know quickly because there's a lot of traffic in there," Anderson said. "He'd look like he was staring you down, which can't happen, and then he'd throw the ball late, which can't happen."

One of Tebow's other problems is that he couldn't quickly scan the field to look at all his options on each play.

"He could not quickly go from one to two to three [on his receiving progression]," Anderson said. "Say whatever you want, he could go scramble and make plays, that's great, but that also throws you off as a receiver. Off-schedule plays can happen, but they can't consistently happen and they'd consistently happen with Tebow and it was hard to know when you were going to get involved in the offense."

"If he can't throw the ball over the middle to the third receiver, that eliminates an entire personnel group to play with," Anderson said. "When Tebow was on the field, you saw a lot of [two tight end formations]."

With two tight ends on the field, that means most defenses would have more linebackers on the field, which means Tebow couldn't run them over if he was forced to scramble.

"You couldn't switch up the personnel with Tim Tebow," Anderson said. "It was a two-tight, two receiver football game with him and he wasn't able to throw the ball downfield and he wasn't able to throw the football in the middle of the field, and he was really limited in creating plays with his feet, because you can't do that as much as you can in college. You just can't, you're going to get sacked and you're going to lose. You can't overcome third-and-7's and third-and-8's as often as you can in college."

Anderson also wasn't impressed with Tebow's "rah-rah" speeches.

"Say what you want about his rah-rah speeches ... but you're a professional football player," Anderson said. "I'm here, I have mouths to feed. I don't need a-come-to-Jesus meeting in the huddle. I need you to give me the play and let's get out there and let's see what the defense is doing. I don't need all this rah-rah talk, and that got shut down early."
  12. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll go out on a limb here and say there's a pretty good likelihood that David Anderson is on several QB's worst receiver list...less than 100 catches and less than 1000 yards in a six year career?:photog What was his excuse for his suckitude with the other teams/quarterbacks? Looks like someone wanting to tack on a couple of seconds to his 15 miserable minutes. Your hatred for Tim is noted...for the hundredth time...:lol3
    shrineclown likes this.
  13. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Six years in the league.

How many do you have?

Fair to say he knows what he's talking about. And if you don't like him saying it, how about Bill Belichick, who also cut him.

What I found interesting was how specific he was about Tebow's shortcomings.
  14. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    He was a scrub. What was his excuse for sucking when Tebow wasn't his quarterback? Your hated of Tebow is comical...
    I'm not defending Tebow, just pointing out what a loser you and this receiver are for dredging this bullshit up years after he left the league. If this bum was good at his job, why the lack of production? I'll tell you why... he sucked. He apparently couldn't catch a ball thrown by anyone.:csm
    Barkmagnet likes this.
  15. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    None of which addresses his knowledge of the game. He gave a detailed analysis of Tebow's flaws, which you're deliberately choosing ignore.

Once again, six years in the league. That's an impressive achievement.

When's your hot date with Timmy? :lol3
  16. PoundSand

PoundSand Long timer

Oddometer:
    tebow had his baseball workout today.

arm graded as below average by baseball scouts. anyone still want to think that he could've been a good nfl qb if he had been given the chance?
  17. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I was surprised by that. A weak arm? Or was his accuracy off? The latter fits with the Tebow we saw on the football field.
  18. PoundSand

PoundSand Long timer

Oddometer:
    The throwing score is mostly arm strength (to the point that some scouts call it an arm strength score rather than a throwing score) with accuracy included; the thought is a corner outfielder doesn't have to be *that* accurate and accuracy problems can be fixed.

So yeah, tebow's throws must really suck for a qb (and he must not have been throwing much, given he had a good reputation for arm strength).
  19. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    If he ever gets a MLB stat line, I predict K=2H. He will be denied thrice a lot, if you will.
  20. Crocker

Crocker Just passing through Supporter

Oddometer:
    Someone will pick him up and designate him down on farm team somewhere. He'll sell tickets at the very least.