Tin Horn to the Klondike and beyond 2017

Discussion in 'Americas' started by gpax, Dec 11, 2016.

1. gpax

gpax Honda NC750XD Yamaha XT250 Kawasaki VN-1700

Oddometer:
    Police got them in Georgia. Smith and Wesson went back to their house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. PA Dewayne

PA Dewayne Adventurer

Oddometer:
    seat look awesome.....sent mine to Russell today for my AT
    gpax likes this.
  3. Mtmedic

Mtmedic All bleeding stops

Oddometer:
    We get ours from Terry Adcox tomorrow!!!
    gpax likes this.
  4. gpax

Oddometer:
    Played with Lovely Rita today. Installed two amber led 1156 bulbs I bought on Amazon in my rear turn indicators. Worked like a champ ... except for hyper flash. Ordered two more led bulbs and a 7 pin led flash controller to finish the job. That leaves the stop light yet to do.

Also installed her radiator guard (R&G). Easy peasy. One hex ss screw and nylock nut plus two zip ties. Skid plate is next.

[​IMG]

5. gpax

Oddometer:
    The circle is complete. I started deciding on Michelin Anakee 3s and then read something. I changed to about five different brands. I'm a modest kind of guy. My friends are going north on Anakee 3s and I don't want them all envious that they are slip sliding around and I'm not. So I'm taking one for the team. I am back to Michelin Anakee 3s. I'll install them at the end of April. My wife wants to know what I am going to do with the Shinko 705 I installed a few weeks ago. She is getting real sensitive about the money I am spending on Rita. I think the Russell seat got to her. I have to watch it. I may need the money to defend myself in divorce court if her humor doesn't improve.

6. Argus16

Argus16 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Watching this thread with interest.
    You have your equipment pretty much covered from my perspective... I'd add some earplugs and a microfibre towel sprayed with pledge in a ziplock for the dust on your visor and or glasses. Camelpak w/extra mouthpiece. Maybe some solder w/zip-torch and extra wiring. Have you considered some haywire and extra screws in case your pannier mounts crack or break?

I've got the same luggage on my '16 VStrom XT but haven't gravel-road tested them yet. They seem to be good quality though.

That's all I got. Bonne chance!
  7. gpax

Oddometer:
    Haywire? I think I know it as bailing wire. On the farm we used it to fix lots of stuff. I've got Gorilla duct tape, safety pins, rubber bands, JB Weld and Walmart. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    willys and Argus16 like this.
  8. ShineySideUp

ShineySideUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    I put a Russel on my bike, see avatar, many thousands of miles ago. Great seat! Makes all the differences for 500-800 mile days. Well worth the $. I was fortunate to be able to ride to their store in Shasta City, CA. great people.
  9. Mtmedic

Mtmedic All bleeding stops

Oddometer:
    Our seats came in, I'm happy with them as my butt will be. seat2.JPG Seat10.JPG
    willys likes this.
  10. gpax

Oddometer:
    Good looking seat. I expect if your rear parts are happy, then the rest of you will be too.
  11. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    These seats look like they trap you in one place and give no spacefor wiggle room etc....but do look very comfy...!!!
  12. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't wiggle around in my leather recliner...or my RDL seat....can't tell the difference :lol3
  13. gpax

Oddometer:
    Rita just took me for a spin. I think I'm going to like this seat. When I add my highway pegs and a 7 inch pad with movies, I just might snooze in my seat.

rubline likes this.
  14. gpax

Oddometer:
    By the way, received and installed my new led 7-pin flash controller on my DL650(Rita). Took 30 seconds to swap out. Works like a champ. I have incandescent 1156 oem bulbs in the front and LED bulbs in the back. No more hyper flash. Waiting to receive the 2 LED bulbs for the front turn signals. I'll be fully converted to LED except for the tail / stop light bulb. Lighting - Flash Controller - Suzuki - Relay - Turn Signal LED - 7 Pin - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 GSXR 600 / 750 / 1000 / 1300, TLR, Bandit 600 / 1200, GSX https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UN4FXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_O-INyb4J2EMZR

rubline likes this.
  15. gpax

Oddometer:
    When I see you up at the D2D I'll have enough miles under my belt to give you a better appraisal. I paid lots of money and walk tenderly around my wife over the expense so I hope my time in the doghouse has been worth it.

willys and rubline like this.
  16. rubline

rubline Coddiwomple

Oddometer:
    Valentines is coming, maybe you could smooth it over a little :feelgood
  17. gpax

Oddometer:
    I am sending her on a Caribbean cruise with her girl friend in two weeks. As long as I am in the dog house, I get to babysit our three dogs while they are away. That cruise is really a pay off for me going to Alaska by myself. I'll see friends along the way starting the first night with John. I love meeting new people. I may not be riding the whole way with someone but I never feel alone.

rubline likes this.
  18. gpax

Oddometer:
    Givi skid plate installed! Bolt on three brackets. Then mount the plate with six 4mm Allen head nuts and bolts. I have the mud flap, plastic headlight covers, spools, and aux battery to go. The bikes previous owner mounted a Scott oiler. I've broken two 5mm Allen wrenches trying to get it loose to mount the spool. The headlight covers are easy I just need to remember to get some better Velcro. I'll see if my buddy will QA my mud flap mount to get it square. Otherwise it will drive him crazy when he rides with me.
    [​IMG]

HuskerBlue, willys and rubline like this.
  19. gpax

Oddometer:
    Okay! I finally committed. Anakee 3s have been ordered through Revzilla. Done! Anyways, I'll report in my RR to let you know what I think of them. I'll have an installation party at Tewster's garage in April.

rubline likes this.
  20. gpax

Oddometer:
    Rita mods almost complete. She can now charge an aux battery (CPAP) in route while on the bike:

[​IMG]

CPAP battery strapped to the pannier bottom with a through case fitting.

[​IMG]

Smart Solenoid mounted in cavity where tool kit was.

[​IMG]

Wiring to the battery on the DL650. Used a #4 AWG battery cable (black) for power. Normally red but I bought what the auto parts store had.

[​IMG]

Through case fitting quick release from bike wiring to the battery in the bottom of the pannier.

Works like a champ! Checked it all out with a multimeter.

rubline and Tewster2 like this.