Tin Horn to the Klondike and beyond 2017

Discussion in 'Americas' started by gpax, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ride safe...see you on the 17th!
  2. gpax

gpax Honda NC750XD Yamaha XT250 Kawasaki VN-1700

Oddometer:
    Shakedowns are finished. Home again. Did two days at the beach campground and eighteen days (2250 miles) in the mountains. Today I put the OEM lowering links back on Rita. This raised her about an inch. Also installed a SW-Motech foot on my kick stand. Last task on the bike is sorting out my charging system for my CPAP battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rubline likes this.
  3. oldgrizz

oldgrizz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you have it all together now...i just got mine out of storage on the weekend and did the oil change and check over... looks likevi may have some fork seals to change....found a smalk weep of oil from them.....today it finalky hit 14 deg C but it was minus 4 this morning and a heavy frost.....mother nature is being a bit of a bitch...

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
  4. gpax

Oddometer:
    Today Rita is complete.

Last project is done. Found the reversed polarization of a wire coming off the solenoid I installed. Switched the positive and negative wires. Now my charging system does not blow fuses and produces 14V of power to my auxiliary (CPAP) battery. Of course, I still have to figure out quirks like how long it takes to recharge but it works.

I received my NEMO Sonic 15 sleeping bag to replace my 35 degree bag. Over the next week I will pack and ready Rita. My plan is to document what I have decided to pack with photos. I'll post them here.

1522543.jpg
    ShineySideUp, N8marsh and rubline like this.
  5. AK_Hoff

AK_Hoff Going slow as fast as I can.

Oddometer:
    gpax. Ref your trip plan for 29 June, I see you are staying at Otter lake JBER. I can offer a you a garage to park in-tools if requied, soft bed and a hot meal. I live across the road from JBER in Eagle River just 15 mins from Otter lake. I hope to see you at D2D.
    gpax likes this.
  6. oldgrizz

oldgrizz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think that one was bit of an Oh Shit moment as they used a bit too much powder with that blast. It was a lot bigger than they thought it was going to be.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    gpax likes this.
  7. gpax

Oddometer:
    As The Godfather said,"You just made me an offer I can't refuse." My email is gwpack(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll be at the D2D in the Triple J Hotel.
    AK_Hoff likes this.
  8. AK_Hoff

AK_Hoff Going slow as fast as I can.

Oddometer:
    Email sent
    gpax likes this.
  9. gpax

Oddometer:
    N8marsh, JBird and rubline like this.