Tiny Bike to Alaska 2016

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tewster2, May 4, 2016.

1. gpax

gpax 2018 Honda NC750XD

Oddometer:
    My bike, Rita, is named after "Lovely Rita" ... Beatles, Sgt Peppers. Lonely Hearts Club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    kalonji and HuskerBlue like this.
  2. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Travel the far North of NWT and you will see this in many of the very remote fishing villages that and nearly everyone is drunk or stoned... and they sometimes will decline services... like GAS
    JagLite likes this.
  3. rodrigzj

rodrigzj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! I am left without words!
    All i can say is thank you! for such a great ride! The pictures the videos and the great narration.
    Hope to someday do the same ride myself. Such tranquility and peacefulness.
    Tess was a trooper.
  4. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, so I was the 729th viewer of episode 8..........wow you guys are fast.
  5. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    This was a truly Laugh Out Loud moment when I read this....I love how ADV riders and food can keep a Road Report way more interesting. BTW this quote ranks up there with another quote I read (I believe on Big Dog's RR) about food when his description summed up the experience with:
    "It will make a good Turd"
  6. tokig

tokig 17 Husqvarna 701E

Oddometer:
    i am really enjoying this adventure, but I am only on page 42.
    Excellent thread
  7. jktpa

jktpa X-Troller

Oddometer:
    All I can say is Thank You Tim for sharing Yor Epic Ride!
  8. djfoell

djfoell Old enough to know better. Young enough to try.

Oddometer:
    Tim,

Nicholas, Darcie and I just finished watching episode 8. After dinner we lit a fire in the fireplace, stretched out on the couch, and hit play. What a wonderful way to spend the evening

Thank you so much for taking us home with you. We really enjoyed the ride.

Merry Christmas!

Duke
  9. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great ride report! Been to many of the places you have travelled (except we have only been to Hyder).

Great food at Bell 2 and their help are a lot of fun.

We stayed here this past July parking our bikes next to the Laundromat.

Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas!

upload_2016-12-17_9-8-48.png
  10. zoid

zoid Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer:
    The immense amount of effort you put into your videos is obvious and very much appreciated! Well done, good sir. Thanks for letting us tag along. :clap
  11. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes Tess was very good! The ride was the longest of my life and one of the best. Thanks for coming along.

Haha

Hahaha sometimes it's the food that keeps me awake....sometimes all night :lol3

Thanks!

Much appreciated thanks!

Hey Duke, I'm so glad Nicholas enjoyed the series. Merry Christmas to you all :thumb

Merry Christmas to you too!

Much appreciated sir! Many thanks.
  12. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to next year's RR...your new bike is beautiful!
    I'm going that way next summer as well but only as far as it is prudent to take a Norge...:ricky
  13. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Thanks!. It would be nice to meet up on the road for some grub in Alaska. Take care.
  14. mabupa

mabupa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just signed up on the forum after finding your YouTube channel and watching all the episodes for this trip. I then googled "tiny bike to Alaska" and found you prep thread. I enjoyed it so much that I followed your link to this thread. Fast forward a week and here I am, more excited than ever to get my "new to me" dr650 ready to start doing some adventure riding after reading this full thread. I've been riding for years and currently own a hayabusa, but I have always been interested in off-road riding and long trips since I first moved to the USA over a decade ago. I'm a newbie at all this and I probably wouldn't even be able to setup a tent by myself without saying a few bad words, so I really appreciate all the details about, not only the trip, but the preparation and reviews of each item you use. This sure is a beautiful country and I hope to one day Be able to explorer each and every corner that the bike can take me, Alaska being my ultimate goal. Now if I could just find a away to make enough money without having to work 1100 hours of OT a year. Lol! I just turned 31 so, retirement is still too far for me.
    Look forward to following your future trips and seeing all the footage of so many nice places. Being in Florida, roads here are pretty boring.
    djroszina, JagLite and kalonji like this.
  15. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hey welcome to the asylum! ADV has the best folks you'll ever find in the world of riding. Thanks for the kind words about my threads and videos.

It took me decades to figure out what works for me when I travel. You'll have a great time refining your way of doing things. I see you are in Florida. At the moment I'm at my place in Central Florida for a few weeks. I'll PM you my number and email if you'd like to get together and talk about bike stuff. That's one of my favorite things to do between rides. I have my 700 here and ride most every day.
    Gary Malloy and mabupa like this.
  16. mixxedupmedia

mixxedupmedia Believes in mahogany

Oddometer:
    I really think you have this travel thing figured out a lot better than many folks. While I love a big twin for touring on tarmac, a 250 seems like the perfect bike for when the asphalt ends or breaks up. Thanks for the tour and tips. When I do Alaska, I will be thanking you for your guidance.
  17. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice........."riding every day"! Just got 10" of fresh snow last night!! Even been contemplating buying a snow machine again so I can ride something during the winter?!?!?
  18. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    I would go crazy if I couldn't ride most of the time. I've never ridden a snow machine...I'd probably shoot my eye out :lol3
  19. gpax

gpax 2018 Honda NC750XD

Oddometer:
    Me neither. I'd probably whiskey throttle it into a fence. LOL The only white stuff we have where I live in Florida is sand on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    And cocaine :lol3