Tiny Bike to Alaska 2016

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tewster2, May 4, 2016.

1. k7tbt

k7tbt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would love to, will have to clear it with the boss first. I never get tired of the north country.
  2. Corp999

Corp999 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Tim, I'm Rick and my wife is Madelen we live in Helen Ga,, not too too far from you I think... I'm interested in your seat on the WR,,, where did you have it made, I need to replace my XT250's seats they are rough on the back side after about 190 miles your feeling it and bad. my email is r.tabbott@icloud.com... I would love to meet up sometime, we have met another blogger Chain Saw Bob,, great guy. lets talk soon.
  3. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Hey Rick. The seat is made by Russell and is their "Sport" model. I'll send you an email with the details.
  4. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Tewster2,
    Because of your ride report I decided to go to Beartooth last summer. I had a blast. I started the ride report if you would like to check it out: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/riding-geocaching-and-exploring.894229/page-34#post-31368270

If you are headed back to AK this summer and are anywhere in the Enterprise, OR area the first part of June please consider stopping by the Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree. The link is in my sig line.

Thanks for the inspiration to go to Beartooth. :clap
  5. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Thank for following along with my ride report. I'll take a look at yours this afternoon. The adventure jamoree sound like a great time. I'll keep it in mind. Cheers.
    Ladybug likes this.
  6. gpax

gpax 2018 Honda NC750XD

Oddometer:
    Ladybug, I follow this thread. I start from NW Florida and drive with my wife to San Diego to our son's graduation. I leave her and go to Reedsport and Portland to visit family and friends. I park my car and MC trailer in Spokane heading to the D2D and points north. Your location caught my eye. Actually, I pass not far from Enterprise but, alas, a week before. Your jamboree looks like a lot of fun. I have a planning thread here, Tin Horn to the Klondike and beyond. When I get on the road you can follow my RR as I stumble first west and then north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ladybug likes this.
  7. GENTLEMANJACKKNIFE

GENTLEMANJACKKNIFE Come back with a warrant.

Oddometer:
    Just finished you tiny bike to Alaska RR and think it would be a good idea for you to teach a college level course on "How to retire like a Boss". Look forward to watching your videos. My memories of the Dalton are focused on the rain and 3 inch deep calcium cloride and trying not to die. Good luck with the new bike, it's gonna be hard to top the WR though.
    Folly1 likes this.
  8. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Yes I agree the little WR is probably the PERFECT bike for Alaska. There maybe a few more trips up to the top on her. I'll have a running RR on the next trip also. We will see how the 700's fair against the WR. Thanks for coming along.
  9. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just Binged watched your Alaska trip in 2 sittings. THANK YOU!

If you end up in Northern NM look me up at the Starrynight Ranch. Love to day trip with you around the central mountains of Colorado any time. As well, I have secure parking for you in Bailey, Colorado or Llaves, NM.
  10. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Thanks for watching! I will be out in CO this fall after my ride back to Alaska in June/July and will try to stop by. I'll PM you my info soon. Much appreciated.
  11. KillSwitch77

KillSwitch77 n00b

Oddometer:
    I too just watched your 2016 Alaska trip and I just have to comment on how excellent all the episodes were put together. Thank you for taking the time to do all that editing as it is truly appreciated.
  12. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Thanks for watching! We leave the first of June for another fun run to the top. New video series to follow. One of my friends will be shooting some great drone footage on the Dalton as we head up and back.
    OHjim likes this.
  13. jeepman63

jeepman63 daplumber

Oddometer:
    tim i have been watching you for a few years now, can't wait til june for the next episode:clap
  14. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sticking with my insanity :happay
  15. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is...Tiny Bike, um....history, now? :2cry
  16. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    I've still got her but not anymore real long trips.
  17. freeway crash

freeway crash Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Best RR on the forum. An chance for a preview of the next big trip?
  18. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Sure here is the link...already 38 pages long :lol3
    freeway crash likes this.
  19. City Rider

City Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you sir!!!! There is my evening reading ... 38 pages long :photog.
  20. Charliek223

Charliek223 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greeting from South Africa,
    I came across you vids on YouTube, and is busy watching last episode. I watch everything Yamaha related, as I'm a XT660R owner . I enjoyed you vids tremendously. Just 1 question. Why the BMW sticker on the side panels? That confused me at first, because I know a WR250 is Yamaha . Ride safe