1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Bike to Alaska 2016

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tewster2, May 4, 2016.

1. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a joint BMW-Yahama prototype powered by a donut-sugar/black coffee mixture and designed to haul around an old man's nuts...
    Folly1 and Tewster2 like this.
  2. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Haha hey. I put those Bmw emblems on the WR for shits and giggles...lots of fun along the way.
    rpiereck and Uke like this.
  3. kenwilliamson727

kenwilliamson727 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim, I have enjoyed watching all of your postings over the years, especially this one but I just realized that you are a retired LEO. I retired from the Houston Police Department Homicide Division after 37 years, basically for the same reason I heard you make, so I could enjoy my retirement and travel on my bike. I have been planning a trip to Alaska for the last year now with another retired LEO but b/c of the COVID-19 stuff, it has been postponed twice so far since the border is closed for travel and it looks like the trip will be cancelled all together.

If you get to Texas let me know and you will have a place to stay for sure...be safe
    Folly1 likes this.
  4. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hey Ken glad you like my threads. I've slowed down with postings here on ADV for a while. I travel back and forth across the US several times a year these days....in my camper van with either my Honda 250 Rally, Talon SXS, or both in the trailer. If it works out I'd love to stop by on the way through to talk about Alaska and stuff in general. I'll PM you my contact info.

In a few weeks I'll be headed back to FL from the southwest to help mom with a few things.
  5. twowings

twowings Comfortably Numb... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to let you know that your RRs and Youtoob cinematic masterpieces are a wonderful antidote to the last 3/12 months of merciless 12-hour days taking care of COVID-19 patients...just when I think I cannot go on like this, I relax with an adult beverage and enjoy your wonderful travel narratives all over again...thanks for the escape, Donut Man! Hope to ride with you someday...fondly, Chris RN and Italian bike nut
    olderigetfasteriam, Folly1 and Uke like this.
  6. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Sounds great for getting together for a ride! Please keep in touch my friend :thumb
    olderigetfasteriam likes this.
  7. Lost-Again

Lost-Again Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well that was just phenomenal!
  8. evmigration

evmigration Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just started reading this RR last week. Loving it! I appreciate the effort and all the info.
    olderigetfasteriam likes this.
  9. olderigetfasteriam

olderigetfasteriam Long timer

Oddometer:
    The man does know how to write an entertaining ride report.
    PA Dewayne and Lost-Again like this.