Tip of the Mitt riders (MI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by RennyGade, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Robert K.

Robert K. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lets make it happen!! There is plenty of room at the inn. Will give you the....2 million dollar tour....:dutch:kumbaya:bubba
    1TRAK likes this.
  2. Bighammer49686

Bighammer49686 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got out for a little bit today, even if it was just up and down Old Mission Peninsula. Just nice to see the sun shining, snow melting, and dry pavement, FINALLY!!

DSC_0631.JPG
    1TRAK, dthogey and KTM Mike like this.
  3. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    MotoChron and I got out for our first rides of the season (well, Chris rode out of state, so his first in Michigan). It was my annual Birthday Ride with Young Ted. We happen to share the same birthday, and have ridden every year for many years now.

Those of you who don't know Ted, need to. amazing man. 90 years old! Last April, we did our ride, two weeks later he had a hip replacement down. He rode the Jackpine Enduro ( at least part of it) in early August, then two weeks after, rode the Colorado 500 for the 10th year in a row. When he was 80, I had the honor of riding the entire MCCT with him. He was on his 1977 Penton!

Anhow, we met up at the Holton loop. Ted drove all the way from Milwaukee) Rode a few miles and decided the snow was miserable to ride in, so did a bunch of dual sporting on two tracks that has less snow. It's gonna be a few days before the Holton loop is enjoyable.

I want to be like Ted when I grow up.

The Trouble Maker himself:.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  4. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    This isn't quite the Tip of the Mitt...I have to say I like it here.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. MotoChron

MotoChron Got Dirt?! Supporter

Oddometer:
    KTM Mike and I are riding tomorrow in the Atlanta area, small bikes if anyone is around.
    fastdadio, KTM Mike and BlueHeart like this.
  6. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is everyone enjoying the amazing humidity and hot temps? Ill wait for it to cool down a bit!

If anyone in the Tip is looking for a great little trailer for hauling bikes on, I have a nice 6x12 for sale. Asking $750 to the general public - but special discount for any Tip of Mit riders - $700. New deck boards. Tires in great shape. New tongue jack. ...load your bike up in your truck to come pick up the trailer, and we can go for a ride , then haul your bike back on the trailer. Ill even burn a burger on the grill and have a cold beer waiting for you!
    IMG_20180617_190131414_HDR(1).jpg
    IMG_20180617_190052541_HDR.jpg
    1TRAK, BlueHeart and fastdadio like this.
  7. BlueHeart

BlueHeart Long timer

Oddometer:
    You wouldn't even need to turn the grill on today...:dukegirl
    KTM Mike likes this.
  8. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sold the trailer tonight. As quick as it sold, and as many inquiries (28!) As I had, I clearly priced it to low!

BlueHeart likes this.
  9. BlueHeart

BlueHeart Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was thinking that, but was in no position to pull the trigger. I'm glad it worked out for you. Now you have enough cash to drive to the Hoxeyville ride.:ricky
    KTM Mike likes this.
  10. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where, when what is the Hoxeyville ride?
    BlueHeart likes this.
  11. BlueHeart

BlueHeart Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's this weekend...in Hoxeyville. Lol
    South of M55 just off of M37. Check the GLDS site as I'm not sure of the specifics. I can't make it.
  12. MotoChron

Oddometer:
    I just wish you'd price your bikes like you priced that trailer!! :D
    BlueHeart likes this.
  13. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well thats not going to happen for me then - have to work this weekend. Oh well. And Chris thats enough outta you.
    BlueHeart and MotoChron like this.
  14. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    If any of you are interested in trying an Enduro, here is an excellent event to do it with. As part of the Family Enduro Series, these events are designed for people new to the sport. You will learn good old school enduro time keeping, and best yet get to ride some fantastic single track trail. It will have two loops. First loop is for the younger riders, and is done at a 12 mph speed average. We really try to make that first loop great for the kids so it will have a mix of two tracks and single track event trail. Quicker riders will have time keep to score well. All classes ride this loop. The second loop is for the older riders, and will repeat the second loop, then break off onto some entirely different trail that will be more difficult trail. This loop is a 18 mph loop, and will challenge many riders. Let me know if you have any questions - I am part of the SORE Crew hosting this event.

We are also in need of volunteers to help with getting the trail ready, and the day of the event. Great way to give back to the sport!

[​IMG]
    budsboy likes this.
  15. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    If any of you Tip of the Mitt riders are interested - there is a Family Enduro (FES) going on in Fairview on 8/4 - the Baby Bear Enduro. These are super fun events. Perfect if you have kids that you want to ride with, or if you simply want a chance to ride some premium single track that you otherwise will never have a chance to! Age classes run from Buddy Class (ride two up with an adult - Ive seen 3 year olds out there!), all the way up to adult classes.

This is old school time keeping enduro riding. This is not totally finalized but things will break out something like this.

Buddy Class up to age 6: rides around 10 ish miles. Include a super mix of single track and two tracks, as well as a grass track section. 12 mph average speed.

Age 7 to 11: will ride about 20 miles - they will ride the same loop as the younger ones, but will do it twice. Their first loop is at the 12 mph, second loop is at 18 mph.

Age 12 on up: will ride about 28 miles. First 10 miles at 12 mph with all the others. Then will do remainder at 18. They will break off from the 7 to 11 year olds into a section that is pretty much all single track event trail - this is stuff we have used in the past for the Grizzly Enduro. Plus two long grass track sections to let it rip on!

If you are not someone that would be riding with a kid, dont think this is some blow off event that wont challenge you. Sure, the 12 mph stuff is slow - but you will need to use timekeeping to not burn checks. Once it moves up to 18, you will be working (ok...if you are an experienced enduro racer maybe not - well then again, we did take plenty of points from AA riders in the last section). If you are not familiar with enduros, keep in mind when I say single track, I mean real single track - not public ORV trail stuff. Your bark busters will be put to use - plenty of trees yours bars wont fit between easily.

You do NOT have to be a AMA or District 14 member to participate.

We also need help - lots of help! The weekend of 7/28 we will be doing final details on the trail - good chance to come ride it actually! We also need help the day of the event - road crossings, check point crews etc etc. Lots to do!

Best bet for more info is to PM me directly - good chance I would miss questions posted here (but I will try to keep an eye on it). Here is a link to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SingletrackOffRoadEvents/

and here is a flyer for the event. https://www.ama-d14.org/index.php?o...w-mi-fes&uid=d72ac69fdc8921c92c72bbdc0033bd82
  16. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone setting on the fence about doing the Baby Bear Enduro in Fairview needs to check out this video @MotoChron did from our pre-event ride today. It is going to be a great time! All Skill Levels are welcome.
    BlueHeart and MotoChron like this.
  17. MotoChron

Oddometer:
    This thread has been pretty dead this summer. But KTM Mike and I got out for a great ride Sunday afternoon near Atlanta.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully there will be a few more yet this season.
  18. Retired and lovin it

Retired and lovin it Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Clear Lake? My favorite campground
  19. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually - no. Lake 15, located south west of Atlanta.

Here's a video Chris did from the ride. Super cool bit of drone footage.
    GS2Trout, BlueHeart and Brian321 like this.
  20. BlueHeart

BlueHeart Long timer

Oddometer:
    I finally got my Yenkro fairing installed. Which is good because my transmission went out on my truck.
    I've been using it to commute back in forth to work.
    So far, I've ridden 382 miles on the first tank of gas. I was trying to fill up a few minutes ago, but the station where I usually get Recreational gas had the pumps covered with plastic baggies.
    I couldn't wait to see what was up. Hopefully they're just out at the moment. 20180811_215928.jpg 20180812_203332.jpg
    Yooper_Bob, fastdadio and MotoChron like this.