Tip of the Mitt riders (MI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by RennyGade, Apr 27, 2010.

1. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    So you must be around Vanderbilt? I ride and camp in the Pigeon River area a good bit - did some this summer, super fun. Strom is a solid ride - I had a 06 DL1000 that I had a blast on off pavement in Montana, Wyoming and some of British Columbia, and of course, all over Michigan. Winter is my garage therapy time as well - so I can be better prepared for some throttle therapy come summer.

I am sure I said this before on this thread about getting a ride together - 2021 I would like to get a group together for some riding - be it big bike ADV/DS stuff or little bike DS - or for those that like bar banging trees - some tight single track. 2020 has taught me to appreciate the every day good stuff that happens and lots of good stuff happens on two wheels.
  2. budsboy

budsboy I crashed the swing too. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a bit north of Gaylord -
    KTM Mike likes this.
  3. Kirkuchiyo

Kirkuchiyo Popcorn Samurai

Oddometer:

Just found this thread, I live in TC. Just bought an S10 in September, looking forward to doing some exploring come spring. Hopefully it comes early this (coming) year!
    KTM Mike likes this.
  4. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Asylum! Im not betting on an early spring, though I have started my winter go through on the 990 to make sure I am ready when it does come. I too am looking forward to a bunch of great riding - this year was the worst I have had ever I think - at least for on the big bike. I did a moderate amount on the 300 at least. We only camped off the 990 one night this year.

What sort of riding do you prefer - mostly pavement? easy gravel? more challenging stuff? My wife and I do a good mix from pavement to more technical stuff.
  5. Kirkuchiyo

Kirkuchiyo Popcorn Samurai

Oddometer:
    I've done mostly pavement for a long time just due to the bikes I had at the time. Now that I have this I want to do more gravel/easy dirt. I've hit some trails in the Sleeping Bear dunes area and those have been pretty easy but there was some sand that was not what I would call fun. I need to get some protection for it, hoping Santa does me a solid! 20200920_105847.jpg
    Munmi4 and budsboy like this.