Tire change near Fairbanks?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by lfmn, May 2, 2016.

1. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    I detect a little negotiating room in that statement.
  2. AKTREADs

AKTREADs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kevin-

NEGATIVE

Better yet-don't even ride that POS, boat anchor,H-D down this road where I live/work!
  3. AK650

AK650 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brand hating and brand loving.....equally ignorant behavior IMO. Time to put the ignore function to use.

Jeff
  4. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3

[​IMG]
  5. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised in today's so called society that there are people who want to tell someone else how they should run their business.

For those who don't know Dan is open 24hrs a day during the riding season. He is in a quiet residential neighborhood. His driveway HAS been used as photographic art. This is NOT an industrial park or downtown somewhere that all the lifesaving pipes will just blend in!

And don't get me started on some of my experiences with that side of the "community" in the past... I know a bunch of good folks with HDs... But for me they're a small percentage of the whole...

This is MY opinion. YMMV...
  6. AK650

Oddometer:
    Jeeeezus, some of you guys are dense. I never once told Dan how to run his business. I know very well where his business is, as I've been there. Went there and picked up a pair of tires for a friend while I was working in Fairbanks, and brought them back to South Central(good thing I was in a work truck, and not my Road Glide!). All I expressed is that I think his attitude sucks. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like that fine, but don't presume to know how I feel, concerning his right to run his business how he sees fit. He can do whatever he wants. As for your stereotyping Harley riders, you could do the same with other brands, but what's the point? Sure there are douchebags on Harley's. You can find a fair number of elitist, uptight, obnoxious assholes in the BMW community( both riders, and dealers) as well, but that doesn't mean I hate all BMW's or their owners, in fact I'm on my second.

Jeff
    WhicheverAnyWayCan likes this.
  7. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    Jeeezus... Some of you guys are dense...

Nowhere did I quote you... Nowhere did I name you...

My post was for general consumption by the general public that doesn't know Dan. Period.

As for me stereotyping, some reading comprehension could help you.

Do the arrogant BMW owners dump your bike on the ground and hang around in a group to tell you that REAL bikes don't fall down???

Didn't think so....

Not all of the pirates around the US are as polite as they are in AK and Canada....
  8. AK650

Oddometer:
    "Nowhere did I quote you... Nowhere did I name you...

My post was for general consumption by the general public that doesn't know Dan. Period."

My bad, and I apologize.

"Do the arrogant BMW owners dump your bike on the ground and hang around in a group to tell you that REAL bikes don't fall down???

Didn't think so...."

So, is that a common occurrence, or an isolated event?

"Not all of the pirates around the US are as polite as they are in AK and Canada...."

Well, this is about Alaska, in the Alaska regional forum, so..........

Jeff
  9. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    Well, this is about people traveling to Alaska from MANY other places! This is NOT just about your friends and neighbors up there in the wonderful North Country!

Care to take a guess how many bikes from NOT Alaska come up every summer? I personally don't know, but I do know it's a LOT!

And case you haven't noticed there are a lot more than Alaskans in what you seem to think of as your AK forum... Over 300,000 members and growing and it's our AK forum, all of us...
  10. lfmn

lfmn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You don't even know what I'm riding. I didn't say I'm riding a Harley.
  11. lfmn

lfmn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm riding a Kawasaki Vulcan 2000.
  12. lfmn

lfmn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I thought most if the people were like you, I wouldn't.
  13. lfmn

lfmn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't mean to start a fire storm. He could have just said , "Sorry, I don't work on Harley's." and that would have been the end if it; there is just no need to be a jerk about it.

For those that want to get their panties in a knot over people that ride Harley's and cruisers; feel free, you are the ones sitting on the knot, not me.

And the Harley hating douchebags ruin another thread.
    owcow and WhicheverAnyWayCan like this.
  14. XXMe

XXMe Not my picture

Oddometer:
    Some people look at it as defending a damn good mechanic in being able to run his business any frigging way he wants...

Others feel so special if they're refused they go ahead and brand everyone else as haters....

Sorry Sunshine.... There are more than enough places where anything non HD is ridiculed or worse...

Get over yourselves... You guys have the frigging patent on brand hating...

Edited to say make that about 90% because I know plenty of good folks who do ride HDs.
  15. lfmn

lfmn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong point. It's not that he refused to work on the bikes; it's a free country. It's about being an asshat about it. Kind of like your post.

Done with you, this thread and the asshat Harley haters. Too bad some people just can't be adults.

Welcome to my ignore list.

EDIT - it's really sad when you can't ask where to get a tire changed without it devolving into a Harley bashing thread.
  16. keith in alaska

keith in alaska Valley Gruver

Oddometer:
    Nearly all threads in the Alaska forum fail to stay on topic!!! This one is no exception, but it has been more entertaining.
    noshoes likes this.
  17. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nah ..... :pain + :bash = :flush & :muutt
    FLARider1 likes this.
  18. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just had to laugh when I saw the thread..................two minutes of research and the question is answered without another thread. I guess everybody has to be special and try find a different answer to an over answered questions...........but for my two cents. Adventure Cycleworks Rocks and I already have my tires paid for and reserved with Dan and Shawn!!!
    dirtdoug and WhicheverAnyWayCan like this.
  19. WhicheverAnyWayCan

WhicheverAnyWayCan Deaf Biker

Oddometer:
    I am amused by this thread. The original posted asked the question and he already mentioned in the signature what bike he owns.. A Harley Fatboy and a Kawa Vulcan. The firestorm could have been avoided if someone simply asked him what cruiser he is riding to AK before directing him to Dan's. Just saying!
  20. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:

Unfortunately, I just had a very negative 'run-in' with Dan. I was counting on him help me with tire service on my AK trip, even pre-paid him for the tires and labor.

I mentioned his business on my BLOG and that I was looking forward to his service and meeting him.....and somehow it pissed him off. He wrote me an ugly email with no explanation and refunded my money....and I leave for AK in two days. This has put me in a huge bind.

Yes, he can run his company as he wants, but enough negative experiences and bad customer service will bite him.

I would not count on him....... Better to do business with someone level-headed.

sieg likes this.