Tire recommendations: 120/90-10" for a Yamaha Zuma 50F

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by ZoomerP, Nov 22, 2020.

1. ZoomerP

ZoomerP . Supporter

Oddometer:
    I need to replace the factory Cheng Shin C-6032 120/90-10 (front & rear) tires on a 2017 Yamaha Zuma 50F. The scooter lives near Phoenix, Arizona (US), so I need a tire that performs well in a hot, city environment. Even though it's a desert city, the tire also needs to perform decently in wet conditions.

Pirelli has a few that look interesting, like the SL26 and the Angel. I don't mind spending the money for better tires, but I'd like to get at least 4000 miles out of the rear.

Thanks for the recommendations.
  2. Moat

Moat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm running Michelin Boppers on mine (130/90's, front & rear) and they seem to be a fine all-around tire. Even OK off-road (in the dry, anyway). Haven't seen a lot of rain, but felt perfectly acceptable in what wet I have ridden in. 3,500 miles so far, and not yet half worn on the rear. The fatter 130's will leave the rear lightly kissing the ground on the center stand, though.

Only tires I've ran on my 50F so far, so... FWIW.

Bob
    ZoomerP likes this.
  3. SwampFox883R

SwampFox883R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We mounted Michelin Reggae tires on our Zuma 50F that is often ridden on bumpy blacktop and unpaved county/forest service roads, with no complaints from three different riders in the Texas Tiddler Endurance Run. We generally back off the suggested air pressure a little when running mostly unpaved roads.
    ZoomerP likes this.
  4. jerryd

jerryd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I put sl26 on my honda helix front and rear. they were hands down worse tire I ever use. both were out of round and shook the bike. the rear wore out in 2500 miles. (I am wot all the time) so I replaced both.

the homerun tire is on the rear now. the shinko sr425. 120/90-10 it is sticky, smooth. very soft rubber so it rides amazing. great in the wet. tire currently has 2500 on it. hardly any tread wear. I cant believe how good this tire is. I wish they came in more sizes.

new
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ZoomerP likes this.
  5. ZoomerP

ZoomerP . Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the recommendations. I stopped by Chandler Powersports when they were closed, and it looks like a decent shop for scooter service from what I saw and read. I'll give them a call Tuesday and see what tires they carry.
  6. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    In that size. If you want: longer lasting Molas ML16; light weight and grip sporty handling Boppers. Considering that it is a rear I would go with Molas.
    ZoomerP likes this.
  7. ZoomerP

ZoomerP . Supporter

Oddometer:
    From what I've seen, 10" really hurts selection. I hope to hear from the shop tomorrow and will figure out what to buy after I know what they carry.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.
  8. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    You can do an Amazon search for 120/90-10 and see the choices they offer. It's a pretty decent view of the market generally.
    ZoomerP likes this.