Tires shipped to BMW Fairbanks?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by chasfactor, Jul 26, 2005.

1. chasfactor

chasfactor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I riding a KTM950 with stock Pirellis from Seattle to Prudhoe Bay. I am thinking I will need some new tires easily about the time I get to Fairbanks AK, perhaps sooner.

Anyone know the contact info for the Fairbanks BMW dealership? Or a good shop in Anchorage that would allow me to have new tires sent up?

Much thanks!

Chas Walter
    Tulsa OK
  2. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    contact Barb At Alaska Leather in Anchorage she is more then helpful and stocks most tires for that mochine. hey Barb you out there! :ear

3. billy_037

billy_037 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go to BMW dealer in Anchorage. Is also dealer for KTM. Great service. He helped me out in June. I don't have his name handy, but he is in the phone book. If you want, I can look for his phone number.

Good luck.
  4. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anybody done a fly-in/ride-back deal on a new BMW in Fairbanks or Anchorage? If so, are the prices competitive?

- Mark
  5. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Anchorage shop might have a few 12's I think they have an 05 1150 ADV. I just wish the customer service was better. They are really unorganized.
  6. akjohn

akjohn AKjohn

Oddometer:
    Greetings...I was at the shop today. There was an 1150 Adv and a Blue 1200gs on the floor. If memory is correct...prices were around $15.6 and $16.1 respectively.
  7. chasfactor

chasfactor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great info guys! I will get ahold of Barb or have some tires sent to the bmw/ktm dealer. Tires for the 950 are somewhat hard to come by at least the stockers. I can readily get some Conti TKC80s at www.southwestmoto.com and have them sent up...would prefer to have some knobs up there from what I see..

Thanks much!!

Chas Walter
  8. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Barb stocks tkc80s she has a web site www.alaskaleather.com its sometimes the best way to talk to her she is very bizzey alot of the time email her with your request and she will get back to you ASAP. or call 907-562-2324

9. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    I've had a couple sets of TKC-80's put on my 950 by Alaska Leather this year and they do bring in tires for travellers too. From what I noticed they keep 'em set aside for your arrival if you call ahead.

The name of the guy that runs the tire shop is Doug.