Tis the season...

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by Jim Day, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Jim Day

Jim Day full manic mechanic

Oddometer:
    Tis the season to be thankful, and I have things to be thankful about.

First off since my wreck I've had a flood of support from fellow inmates which has kept me afloat during the almost four months I have been unable to walk. The outpouring of good will was far more then I would of ever expected.

Recently a poster I do not know contacted and offered me the full rear end off a 1992 GSPD. The FD is a 34/11. These parts came off a running GSPD with 34,000 miles. I was overjoyed.

I like my R100R just as it is geometry wise. and though I was considering upgrading to a R1100 swingarm setup which I've been slowly acquiring pats for, I'm now thinking that I'll use his GSPD parts to restore it, and use my beat up parts with the R1100 arm for my R65 or another dirt bike build. I would then take apart my R100R stock front wheel use the rim to make a 18 rear for the tires I prefer.

At any rate I did not see this coming, and it's the kind of thing that keeps me up at night....in a good way. :lol3

You all know who you are, so...... THANKYOU!! BIG TIME!!:beer
    spo123, sprouty115, aptbldr and 4 others like this.
  2. Plaka

Plaka Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer:
    It's the carburetors.
    Jim Day likes this.
  3. Screaming Chicken

Screaming Chicken Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eh?

*search*

Oh hell, that looks nasty. :-(
  4. spo123

spo123 Man About Town

Oddometer:
    Jim......We, here in Salem, Ma., continue to wish you a continued and HEALTHY recovery.
    That is all.