Title assistance in AZ

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Granitic, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    I expect that's supposed to be funny. Anyone can do anything they want. Including me. I suppose he signed an affidavit saying the GS is to be used primarily off road and was issued aN ERRONEOUS OHV sticker for an on road bike. Comes from the dealer with 90% on road tires and 10% off road tires. I think we all agree what a BMWR1200GS is. So basically he lowered his VLT but has a sticker on a bike that doesn't comply for one. I'll guess , but don't know for sure, that the BMW is not primarily used off road. Doesn't matter according to ARS 28-1177 it isn't a requirement for that machine and shouldn't be issued one. Nothing to do with me...just pointing out the law. Black and white, interpretation or not. He can run down Forest Roads with a regular old license plate on his BMW R1200GS is all I have been saying. I only say that because ARS 28'1177 says it..you know the statute you claim to have shown me.
  2. Plawa

Plawa ¿ʞO ǝʞᴉq ʎɯ sI

Oddometer:
    More like sad at this point...

Objection! My GS lives primarily offroad. Ask anyone who knows me. Are you saying you or the state know more about my intended bike use than I do? For someone who goes on about "conjecture" you seem to be pretty quick to come up with your own and present it as a fact.
  3. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    NO NEED for shouting and name calling, ya FFs!

Tuckers, I think several of us see your point that the statute by itself says that these bikes don't qualify for the OHV sticker. Yet the MVD is issuing them - en masse. As the issuing authority on them, the MVD must have a good reason. The dual sport exception makes sense to me, as more and more bikes are crossing the line, there's got to be some way to address the cross pollination. Sure, the statute should probably be updated first, but it's new territory being worked out. It wouldn't surprise me, in all my years of legislative work (read: 0) if there's a stop gap measure in place that Verbatim mentioned as the dual sport exception until things are worked out more, and given the variety of vested interests in this arena there could well be impasses with the different agencies involved.
    Also, it seems to be pretty evident that a registered bike is fine on forest roads, but if there is a segment designated by the land manager as OHV only, well that might be a good place to have your OHV tag.
    I imagine it's hard to write universal laws that don't have exceptions.

"Fun Wheel Drive"
  4. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    No I stand corrected then.

You make more off road miles on your BMWGS than on road miles. I can't question your claim.

You will agree though it was manufactured as a road bike? It's not a Dirt bike by manufacture. Therefore you'd have to agree according to ARS 28-1177 that it shouldn't be issued an OHV sticker? The intended use part is for street legal dirt bikes, not a road bike you want to take off road. You signed an affidavit? Who issued the OHV sticker? MVD or a third party supplier?

I accept your objection and relinquish any remark made by me about you not using it primarily off road.

But surely you know the sticker doesn't apply to that bike? Can I get a pic of the plate? I'd like to send it to AZ MVD and ask them how it was issued contrary to ARS 28-1177. I am in contact now with MVD and OIG
  5. Plawa

Plawa ¿ʞO ǝʞᴉq ʎɯ sI

Oddometer:
    Oh absolutely, let me also send over my home address, credit card statement and browser history.. it's only the internet.
  6. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Friedom, you are a voice of reason thank you.

It's obvious the OHV sticker program is in place to raise funds for Parks and Trails and Fish and Game.
    It seems fair OHV users pay their share. That's the idea.
    BUT.....according to the laws, statutes, whatever we name them......a BMWR1200GS should not get and doesn't need an OHV sticker.
    Gosh darn it.
    Plates supersedes OHV sticker. That's why you see Jeeps in off road areas with regular old street plates. They don't sell an OHV sticker to a Jeep. They ought not to sell one to a BMWGS. You can still use the areas. Do you see Jeep users hassled by the man with a BADGE AND GUN? No. Just motorcycles. There I am on FR03 on my Suzuki DR650 I use for groceery shopping in Pheonix, of course I have no OHV sticker, but I do have regular old street plates. Then I get a citation.....for what? What does it read? I have plates. Leave me alone. If I have paltes it means my vehicle isn't designed for off road use...you can see that. You don't need to stop me and look for an OHV sticker, I can't get one and don't need one.
  7. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    How many peole see it when you ride it? There's about 12 people in this discussion. 'Conversation' it me then. Or conv me and I'll send you my email. There's nothing to be afraid of. Perhaps you could whiteout the numbers and just show a profile of the bike with the plate and OHV sticker, so the bike model can be identified? I could use that.
  8. RT66AZ

RT66AZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. RT66AZ

RT66AZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Tuckers, I will not send a picture of my plates nor tell you what I ride but it ain't no 250 Rebel. You may or may not be a DMV person....but it would be in Cali not AZ. Let me give you a few common AZ comments apparently made just for you....If where you are from is so damned great, what the hell are you doing here? Welcome to Arizona, now go home. YOU are the reason people from anywhere else HATE Californians With all your moronic, childish and repetitive requests for pics of license plates and models of bikes I think you have an ulterior motive. Maybe you're a ecofreak trying to shut down off road use, maybe you want to try and use this info as a defense when your cheap butt is cited. Do us all a favor, stay home and help with the Cali secede from the union movement. Then maybe Trump can build a wall there and a "cyber wall" also to keep the pompous, arrogant, self righteous, argumentative, pain in the ass nutcases out of the rest of the country. SHUT UP....go ride your damnned confuse the issue STREET ( not dual sport) beginner bike Rebel in the Dakar Rally. Really why don't YOU post pics of YOUR license plates so AZ LEOs know who to play with in court. No AZ Judge is going to give a rats ass what Cali law is and frankly neither do most if any of those posting here. And by the way it is quite apparent that the law IS NOT very clear when taken in context with the "rest of the story". IE there are two plates and one sticker and apparently you confuse the sticker with the sticker and one plate or the other. (Yes the plates LOOK the same but are different in taxes, therefore different .) You are cherry picking PART of the picture and ignoring the rest and the arguments supporting others interpretations. You are for the apparent purpose of sounding important confusing street bikes with dual sports, dual sports with dirt bikes, off road with off pavement and totally ignoring OHV areas. You "Jeep" defense is ignorant, Jeeps weigh more, tear up the trail more and really don't fit on single tracks and would be a hazard sizewise in certain OHV areas (where the sticker is required for licensed MC's). And then we would get into the whole designed primarily for unimproved surfaces agreement.

Again please post pics of your license plates so if any of us see you trailside, broken down or injured, we can wisely motor on as a jerk like you would probably try and find a reason to sue us. Better yet, go to New Mexico....and please take the long way around.
  10. verboten

verboten confused Supporter

Oddometer:
    Every time I see Tuckers posts I think of a word that rhymes with his handle :)

I gave you a laundry list of bikes that AZGFD & PHX PD LEOs say require OHV decals (they are wrong of course), funny, you said they were obscure models... I'm just here to enjoy the trash talk and continued downward spiral. I wonder why tou just don't post the links of your support docs instead of the copy and paste you keep doing. Maybe it would undermine you lofty goal of being a DMV superhero? Legendary.
  11. verboten

Oddometer:
  12. verboten

Oddometer:
    I wonder why Tuckers is not out riding instead of arguing stuff he clearly does not comprehend.
  13. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    You guys are signing under penalty of perjury that a BMWR1200GS : 'is designed by the manufacturer primarily for travel over unimproved terrain' what, so you can reduce the VLT or do you think you need the OHV sticker?....I think this needs to go to the basement.r that last tirade from RT66AZ or perhaps he'll get a time out. Ihere's no need for personal insults.
    Plato said:
    "No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth"
    You can google it and discover various takes ...but you get it......hate the message not the messenger.
    I'll contact a moderator as some of you guys don't play nice.
  14. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    I could say the same about you, why are you arguing instead of riding? You want to have the last word I suppose? You don't have to reply. You know where the ignore button is.
  15. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    The Rebel was a silly example. Read our profile for the bikes we currently own.
  16. verboten

Oddometer:
    It's more entertaining to watch you spiral downwards than to ignore you. This thread definitely belongs in the basement.

Oh, by the way, I am out riding :)
  17. verboten

Oddometer:
    After reading the marketing material, watching the videos, riding with Plawa, and talking to actual AZ LEOs.... it's a pretty easy argument to Win.
  18. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    I know.
  19. Plawa

Plawa ¿ʞO ǝʞᴉq ʎɯ sI

Oddometer:
    Who's fight are you fighting anyway? Do you have any skin in the game or are you just one of those people who reminded the teacher they forgot to assign homework (to a class they are not even in)?
  20. Plawa

Plawa ¿ʞO ǝʞᴉq ʎɯ sI

Oddometer:
    And BTW when I got my OHV sticker and checked "primarily on-road" for my GS my annual registration did not go down, I just paid the $25 extra for the sticker which is exactly what I wanted to do for the piece of mind and for supporting the OHV program. Dirtbike is a different story, that only ever sees tarmac when I need to cross it between trails so that's a primarily off-road registration.

But why I'm still doing this is beyond me.. I don't learn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.