To canadian that like to imports a Cagiva Gran Canyon

Discussion in 'Canada' started by klingklang, Nov 8, 2004.

1. klingklang

klingklang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, as some of you, I'd like to import one of those nice Cagiva Gran canyon. But again we hit the wall of some government people workers that prefer to watch each other butt getting bigger and bigger. I finaly learn that if cagiva give the info directly to transport canada, we may be able to have that dream come through. So I wrote this mail to cagivausa. My english is not very good but I think they can understand.

"Hi, we are a few canadians that like to buy and import cagiva gran canyon here. We hit a wall when it is time to cummunicate with those goverment people. We cant do anything singe Cagiva USA is not listed in their books. In their list, your still listed as Ducati/Cagiva elephant. The only way now for us to be able to import it, is that you communicate with M. Wayne Duff from
    Transport Canada
    330 Sparks Street
    Ottawa, ON
    K1A 0N5
    Phone: (613) 990-2309
    TTY: 1-888-675-6863

please help us"

TO Mr Duff:
    "

Mr. Duff

I am one of a group of motorcycle fans that like to buy and import from USA and for own purpose a 1999-2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon. Your out to date list of vehicles admissibility still list the ducati/cagiva group. Those companies where splitted an are independant from the end of the 90's. Since that, You have in the USA the Cagiva/MV Augusa group and sell their bike in USA. www.cagivausa.com

Since the bike is sell in USA and meet all federal Us norms :fmvss, epa, sounds emission etc... I did not see why we cant import a motorcycle that is conform. I'm tired to speek with the registrar of imported vehicles that seem way far lost in ignorance for the job he as to do and prefer not to much complicated answer. yes an no is the best he can do. We have contacted Cagivausa and asked them to come in contact with you to see how can this be manage. But if it is not to much, and since your suppose to work for canadians I'm asking you to help us by getting out of that burocratic and tried to give motorcycle lovers more acess to product we dont have in our Motorcycle's third world. May you contact Cagiva USA.

Sorry for my english

Regards"

Now, what I like, even if your not Canadian and you like to help us because you find the It is the Motorcycle's third world here and it is write something to CagivaUSA at cagiva contact form

and maybe something to transport Canada to Mister Duff at
    duffway@tc.gc.ca

thank's to you all,
  2. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    a love letter has been sent to mr. duff.
  3. klingklang

Oddometer:
    hum, I wished you were less passive than that! it is just a little help. To all Canadians, even if you dont want a Cagiva like crasy guy like me. Thinks it is just to have those people work a bit, you know how much we pay in taxes for them!

To you friends on the others side of the border, in your forom activities, is you notice a guy from Canada, please refer it to this thread.

thanks
  4. klingklang

Oddometer:
    got a phone discussion with mister Duff. He sent me a document that need to be filled by Cagiva. Still tring to contact them. Leaved a voicemail to Matt at CagivaUSA. Is someone have the cagiva.it (home) email adress. their contact pages are in "construction" for a while
    thanks
  5. klingklang

Oddometer:
    Had a contact with mister Stutzman (matt@cagivausa.com)from cagiva. I sent him the document and everything is in his hans now. Help accomplish something hard with our government. Having something changed!! your support will be very please.
  6. Loadedagain

Loadedagain making chips

Oddometer:
    could you email me a copy of the blank doc he has to fill out please? i'd like to see it.

email me here: admin@ktmcanada.com
  7. ratmoul

ratmoul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi. I am about to attempt going through the importing process with RIV for the Cagiva Gran Canyon. Was this issue resolved eventually? Any hints or tips?

Thanks Tom
  8. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    this thread is 9 years old... if the bike is 15 years old or older, you don't need to deal with the RIV.
  9. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    And if the bike is new, or up to 14 yrs old,,,,you are out of luck. Not on the RIV? Not a chance.