Today's craigslist finds......

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 309, Jul 21, 2005.

1. CaptCapsize

CaptCapsize Long timer

Oddometer:
    That last line "Needs to go,..." could mean it is really good deal.
  2. Bipolar

Bipolar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  3. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
  4. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    I’ve put together an old Meriden Triumph from a basket, wasn’t tough to get the mechanical part done but someone let the magic smoke out, took forever to get it running.
  5. Blakebird

Oddometer:
  6. beernutt

beernutt This space for rent

Oddometer:
    Like.

I guess I just don’t get the fascination with old British bikes, unless it’s the same type of masochism that makes someone lust after a shorted out Triumph Spitfire or a rusty old Alfa. Even if you restored that Bonneville to as-new condition it would still be a wheezy leaky unreliable awful-handling doorstop that would leave you on the side of the road without a moment’s remorse. On a good day. That’s if it even started.

I agree with James May - old technology is just that - old technology. Especially shoddily built old technology.

It might be pretty to look at, but that’s what museums are for.
    zzzak, #1Fan, Gordy and 2 others like this.
  7. Sir Denis Eton-Hogg

Sir Denis Eton-Hogg Tap into America Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hard to argue against that.
  8. lkr57

lkr57 Tired and Retired!

Oddometer:
    Oh, I don't know about that. I think it's an overly pessimistic point of view. I thoroughly enjoy riding and wrenching on my Nortons. I've ridden them all over Colorado.

If that Triumph basket was local I'd be all over it!

20170611_154831.jpg
  9. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/parker-1992-yamaha-xt350/7046044055.html
    1992 Yamaha XT350 - $1400

For sale is my 1992 Yamaha XT350. Was planning on using the bike as a college commuter but never got around to it. Clean Colorado title and street legal. Around 9k miles. All lights, horn work.

Starts, shifts, and runs great. Super easy to start thanks to Yamaha’s compression release system. 50/50 pirelli tires have great tread. I changed the oil and cleaned the carbs (these models have two carburetors) so it is fresh for the next owner. Jetted for 5,000-9,000 feet.

All around excellent bike - great on trails, around town, up in the mountains, you name it this bike does it all.

Call or text with any questions thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. 1Gopokes1

1Gopokes1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/littleton-1978-honda-goldwing-gl1000/7046071502.html
    1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 - $3500 (Littleton)

Nice bike, nice ride. I've seen a lot of these chopped up into some cool cafe bikes. I went the other way.
    I've owned the bike since 2004. A lot of time and money was spent making the bike run and shine in its original form.
    Time to pass it on. Annual mileage since I have owned it, < 500 miles a year. Has never seen rain or snow since I have owned it.
    I'm a Sunday rider. ProfessionalIy maintained; I do the simple stuff - oil change, fluids.
    Panels beautifully painted to OEM specs by Toxic Choppers in Colorado Springs. (http://toxicchoppers.com)

It comes with over a $1,000 worth of OEM/NOS parts - valve covers, timing covers...put those on, remove the chrome
    and you have a factory floor model in front of you, ready to role...with a little 'patina'. Also sissy bar, tool kit, (Aspencade),
    shop manuals, chrome exhaust header covers, custom saddlebag assembly and bags - 1 cover missing, and odds and ends.

No rides. Cash in hand. I have the title. If you have a mechanic you'd like to have look over the bike,
    I'll take it there on appointment on a good weather day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Charleetho

Charleetho Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer:
    84,000 miles. That is a lot of miles even for an old wing.

13. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep.
  14. Hair

Hair On time and on budget. Supporter

Oddometer:
    To my eye the Roadster GL is one of the best looking bikes that Honda built.
    joe a, princess jamaica and randingo like this.
  15. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
    SmittyBlackstone and #1Fan like this.
  16. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    "Given the fact that this is basically a collectors item now" :lol3
    darmahman, Phoenix101 and #1Fan like this.
  17. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/palisade-1959-harley-davidson-panhead/7049756494.html
    1959 HARLEY DAVIDSON PANHEAD FLH - $20500 (Palisade)

Up for SALE is a very nice 1959 Harley Davidson FLH. Bike starts on one kick when cold after being primed and one kick when warmed up.
    Engine runs very good with no tapping, knocks or abnormal noises. I have never seen it smoke and does not have any oil leaks other than
    from the primary which is normal on these early models.

Trans shifts great with no abnormal noises and also doesn't leak.

The bike is very original as it is still 6 volt and still has the original wiring harness with a few accessories of the era, one of which is the
    chrome
    cover on the original oil tank. Recent maintenance includes the carb being cleaned, oil changed and a just installed rebuilt original speedometer.

All in all this is a very nice ride that starts easy, runs and rides very well, and stays straight as you go down the road with your hands off the bars.
    Engine is a smooth runner with good clean vin# and matching belly #'s.

If you're looking for a nice original Pan with just the right amount of patina and not a rust bucket you just found it.

I have many pics so if you need anything specific let me know and I'll get them to you.
    Title is clear, clean and in my name ready to transfer to the new owner. Thanks, Steve
    If you're seeing this add the item is still for sale.
    Emails asking if this item is still available will be ignored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FatChance, SmittyBlackstone and flei like this.
  18. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    SmittyBlackstone and #1Fan like this.
  19. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    These are pretty neat little bikes. I bought one a long time ago for $500, cleaned the carbs and flipped it. Way too small for me but fun.

1991 Suzuki bandit - $1000 (Broomfield)

image 1 of 4
    [​IMG]

1991 Suzuki Bandit 400.
    Super fun bike to ride especially in the canyons. Runs great starts rite up. I rode her all last summer but I'm upgrading to a bigger bike for next summer and I don't have any more room in the garage. I have a clean title. 1000$ or make me an offer I don't need to sell it or keep it haha.
  20. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Honda CB750F 1982 - $1200 (Santa Fe)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

https://santafe.craigslist.org/mcy/d/santa-fe-honda-cb750f-1982/7050290810.html

1982 Honda CB750F. Sat for a few years. Carbs cleaned and it idles and revs nicely. Gas tank is rusty inside and will need cleaning or to be replaced. The bike is in great shape otherwise for its year. It has a Corbin seat and the front master cylinder has been replaced with a Magura unit,probably from being tipped over. It does NOT have any crash damage. Great base for restoration or fix tank and service for a nice old bike. Wanted $1500 but will sell for $1200 to make room for tank repair or replacement. 1.505.231.6693. Text or leave message.