1. Livestream Today at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Today's craigslist finds......

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 309, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
    So true "RideFreak" but anyone can ask anything they want. It is up to a true buyer to decide what they are willing to pay. The market should be great for used bikes even though it is spring and normally the market is good for bikes.
    randingo likes this.
  2. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    The auto manufacturers are starting to report Q1 sales and they're dismal and that includes a month of sales prior to the current situation.
  3. ReadyorNot

ReadyorNot professional olde phart Supporter

Oddometer:
    all i can tell you is just be happy you're not trying to sell a house right now....DAMHIK
    ISUCyclones and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  4. MaParkerColo

MaParkerColo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So you're saying that my strategy of holding to two kids dirtbikes until the weather/prices improved is going to backfire on me?! At least they don't take up much room...
  5. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Doesn't cost anything to list it and see if it sells but stuff has been sitting unsold all over CL, from what I'm seeing there's many of the same bikes on CL and in the FM. For about 2 mos now when it typically picks up it hasn't. Many of the bikes have typical spring prices except this isn't a typical spring so they're sitting. Very few people are spending any $$ right now.

Kids dirtbikes are a little different then the typical MC market though.
  6. MaParkerColo

MaParkerColo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I guess I coudl throw them out there...especially after seeing Wake's KTM pop up in the FM...maybe he needs a TTR 50?
  7. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh My, :evil If it was only original. But it looks very nice.

1973 Honda CB750 - $5995

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/longmont-1973-honda-cb750/7097450182.html

[​IMG]

Runs and looks like new! Starts easy and idles perfect.

New: handlebars, switches and controls, tubes and tires, turn signals, wire harness, battery, seat, throttle cables, petcock, tank cap, fork seals and gaiters, rear shocks, master brake cylinder, etc.

Fresh professional paint job.

Rebuilt carburetors using complete rebuild kits and new boots.

All work done by a professional.

Everything works as it should and is new or in excellent condition.

Trade or trades considered.
    Blakebird and Phoenix101 like this.
  8. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    I just sold my 2013 Vstrom 650 (well farkled and under 14,000 miles) and managed to get $4200 for it. KBB is $4425 and NADA is $4600. Woulda been nice to get an extra hundred or two, but I guess that's the price I pay for waiting too long to list it. I was ready to list it back in the fall. Oh well.

No idea what the future will hold. I really wanna upgrade my 2005 KTM 300exc, but should probably just hold onto the extra cash.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  9. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't that more than new price?

I just closed on a house a couple weeks ago. I was really sweating it once unemployment started to jump after places started closing. Glad to say I'm unclenched now.
  10. Blakebird

Blakebird ran when parked

Oddometer:
    We're in the middle of moving, a process that started a few months ago and will see us putting our house on the market in late May/early June.
    I'm still having positive thoughts that there will still be buyers out there that started looking at properties and will have their ducks in a row - and haven't lost their jobs.

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/paonia-for-sale-fjr-1300abs/7102701695.html
    For sale 2008 FJR 1300ABS - $4800

FJR 1300 ABS, The ultimate social distancing machine! Very well taken care of with over $2500 of after market upgrades.
    This is an absolutely wonderful touring and canyon carving machine. 36,900 miles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^^You'll poke your eye out with that machine^^^^^
  12. Lomax

Oddometer:
    I loved my FJR but it was the only bike I have ever owned that I could feel the front end push when riding kind of feisty. (OK I don't ride that hard) It was never scary but was an interesting feeling. I know Blake did some suspension upgrades on his and it was a completely different beasty.
  13. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Has anyone taught Marc how to check front tire pressure yet? :hide

:lol3
  14. Blakebird

Blakebird ran when parked

Oddometer:
    I had two Gen II FJR's, the '07 did get suspension work done, but that was at 40,000 miles just before I sold it :D
    It was a pretty good sportbike for it's size, but it wore out front tires as fast as rears - it was tough on fronts.

The second one ('12) was essentially the same bike but for some reason I never bonded with it like I did the first one.
    A couple of trips to the coast and I sold it to a good friend.
    Charleetho likes this.
  15. 1Gopokes1

1Gopokes1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

That was my 1st road bike bought it used at Laramie Wyo Honda in 78 for a grand. picked it up in a snow storm ( shop owner said I didn't think you would be here today) and rode it around town. I kept it for 30 years it was great bike 2 X country rides. Sold it on Flea bay and some guy from Germany bought it, United van lines came up it in a crate and off it went

wish I never sold it
    SmittyBlackstone and darmahman like this.
  16. randingo

randingo Voted "Class Lounger"

Oddometer:
    Try any of the big ADV type bikes (Africa Twin, F800GS, etc) with a 21 inch front tire......you will feel the front end push when riding feisty. I consider them to be my self imposed governor on riding stupid fast....at least on the street.
  17. Lomax

Oddometer:
    Randy, So far my AT has not felt that way. Either that or I have slowed down or learned how to check front tire pressure. :lol3

I can't wait to try out the Trailmax Mission tires on it but that will have to wait until I get a little wear on the stockers. I loved the Heidenau K60 scouts on the Stelvio but these are supposed to be even better ??
  18. randingo

randingo Voted "Class Lounger"

Oddometer:
    I ran the Scouts down to Cabo and back on the GS and they did OK. I put about 12k miles on anakee adventures last year with the AT and I really liked the predictable feedback from the front.
  19. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    I sold my Mom's house outside of Nashville. Just closed on it last Friday. I think I lucked out on timing but also benefitted from that being a very hot real estate market. Hopefully you will too.

Feel like it could be a while before my Ducati sells. At a time like this I really miss having a bike in the garage, even if I can't use it. Like Dan Walsh said, "To them, the bike is just garage clutter. To us, it's a loaded Beretta, a half-million in cash, and a forged passport under the floorboards."
  20. fred flintstone

fred flintstone Long timer

Oddometer:
    My 07 did that until I put a 2013 shock on the rear. Many including myself felt the rear on these bikes was way undersprung from the factory and the later shocks have stiffer springs. Common upgrade and cheap, or it was, compared to Penskes etc. Also had a very weird front tire wear problem that went away same time. But I switched tires too.