1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Today's craigslist finds......

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 309, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not to be a Debbie downer here, but just want to make you aware that right now mortgage financing is a total cluster from what I understand. Many of the secondary players out there in total disarray and the big banks are fucking with them.

If you need to sell your house it’s probably better to get it up now, even if it’s not all fixed up, than later. Unemployment predictions are running to 30% of the workforce over the next few months. I expect overall consumer sentiment to be rather poor for some time.

Sledred likes this.
  2. Blakebird

Blakebird ran when parked

Oddometer:
    A couple of family members in the mortgage biz aren't as doom and gloom, and realtors are telling me that though foot traffic is down (to probably zilch by now), online videos/pictures and sites like Zillow have done an ok job selling places that are already 'easy sells'. The last couple of weeks have seen a lot of change and not for the better, but I'm remaining positive until the process tells me otherwise - and I think confidence is going to be a MAJOR factor in getting everything back on track. People get panicky when the news is all bad, whether it's accurate news or not.

It's pretty much ready to go on the market, save for having the movers empty the place - get the carpets cleaned, and stagers in.
    We'll see what's going on when the time arrives, but putting it on the market very much sooner isn't an option, as the stagers won't act until the lockdowns are done. When that happens, we start the process and find out real-time. We're still going forward with the purchase of our new place, I expect there will be people still moving forward with their plans to buy a new place.

Given that this is a pretty big deal globally, this is just a bump in our schedule. Small potatoes in the big picture. We're retired with a good income stream and ready to wait it out.
    We don't have to sell this place (we paid it off seven yrs ago), the place we're buying is 67% the cost of the place we own. We're getting a great rate on a HELOC, (interest rates and gas prices appear to be the two bright spots!) so we can 'pay cash' for the new place if our house isn't a quick sell, then make the small payments as long as needed.

/hijack
  3. Blakebird

Oddometer:
  4. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    Motorado is opening back up, by appointment only, on Monday. I encourage everyone to support this small business by going in and buying a Ducati Scrambler.
  5. Hair

Hair no wants or warrants

Oddometer:
  6. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still really want a 570, even though I'm sure parts are terrible to find by now.
    Deano955 likes this.
  7. Hair

Hair no wants or warrants

Oddometer:
    I am not so sure about your parts statement. The 570 that I had seemed like pretty standard KTM run of the mill parts. I think that there is a 570 for standard KTM 510s. And Just about everything else was off the shelf KTM.
    570s are great bikes. Between that and my 950se it's hard to choose which bike was my all time favorite.
  8. 1Gopokes1

1Gopokes1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    Confidence is king :nod

Before we paid this place off, sometime in the mid 2000's we refi'd at 2.75% for a 15 yr, and had this place paid off a few years later.

We got 2.49% on the HELOC, which we now may not even need to take advantage of.

We just heard from our realtor this morning - she's had an amazing last few weeks, said there's been more showings and sales that she's seen in a while. There are still a lot of serious buyers out there. We've been waiting for the staging company to get going again (once lockdowns are lifted which is a floating unknown date), but she's confident we can bypass that now and get it on the market in the next week or two and likely have a quick sale.
    If that happens we might have a quick closing here and be able to just move to NM in late May.

My daily craigslist searches aren't turning up those smokin' deals we've been hearing about - maybe recovery mode will kick in before people have to sacrifice too many toys.
  10. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    10 million people just filed for unemployment. I bet some of them have bikes in the garage and bills coming due...
    Magus, darmahman and HanzoSteel like this.
  11. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    Its still early
    ReadyorNot and darmahman like this.
  12. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:

I take it it's a 1000.

Mine is a mess but running, but only paid $825 for it.
  13. Sir Denis Eton-Hogg

Sir Denis Eton-Hogg Tap into America

Oddometer:
    Yes, it's a 1000, you were ripped off, mine was only $800.
  14. Sir Denis Eton-Hogg

Oddometer:
    Sold the vintage Yam today to a guy who never had a bike before but saw this and thought it was really cool. I took his money and wished him luck.....

IMG_0876.jpg
  15. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:
    Mine in its current state. I do have all the fairings but they are rough 20200301_131302.jpg
  16. Sir Denis Eton-Hogg

Oddometer:
  17. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:
    My ego is not big enough for that bike.
    Assfault and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  18. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    #1Fan, Blakebird and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  19. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    I test rode a Rocket III a couple years ago to see if the engine was all that....it had good torque but didn't blow my mind.
    If it had really been impressive I could have gotten past that Boss Hoss gas tank :D
    ROAD DAMAGE and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  20. Proettermann

Proettermann The Mule

Oddometer:
    SmittyBlackstone and Todd157k like this.