Today's craigslist finds......

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 309, Jul 21, 2005.

1. NoCo68

NoCo68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    wbunt and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  3. Hair

Hair On time and on budget. Supporter

Oddometer:
    The man equivalent of a doll house. To bad that he didn't have the balls to ride it.
    timeOday and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  4. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things! Supporter

Oddometer:
    [
    But the Metal Militia ones add like 10hp. Add ons like that really do punch.
    SmittyBlackstone and RideFreak like this.
  5. unswitched

unswitched loose nut on my handlebars

Oddometer:
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  6. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    wonder how it ended up in the 'wanted' category... must be related to the brainpower it took to price it at $22k
  7. Carlfixit

Carlfixit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Husqvarna for sale
    2017 Husqvarna FE501 - $7,500 (Rio Rancho)
    image 1 of 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map)

2017 Husqvarna FE 501

condition: excellent
    engine displacement (CC): 499
    fuel: gas
    paint color: white
    street legal
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual
    type: dual-sport

This 501 is in excellent condition with lots of added parts to include Acerbic tank, Seat Concepts seat, TMD skid plate, SRT radiator guard and rear disk guard, FMF PowerCore exhaust euro break light kit new tubes and tires and lots more. Please Absolutely “NO” TEXTING Phone calls only calls are welcome 8AM to 8 PM 505four5nine99fourfive All negotiations are face to face all other questions can be answered on phone or in person. Willing to negotiate on price and some things can be put back to stock.
  8. BattlingEntropy

BattlingEntropy n00b

Oddometer:
    https://boulder.craigslist.org/mcy/d/boulder-1999-ducati-996s/7203596403.html

SOLD! 1999 Ducati 996S

condition: excellent
    engine displacement (CC): 996
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 13834
    paint color: red
    title status: clean
    transmission: manual
    type: sport bike

Clean, low mileage collectible sport bike. It's had the 12K major service and has fresh tires. Texas title/plate. A friend of mine left it for me to ride this summer and now it's time to part ways. No, this is not a title jump sale. Local, cash only buyer. Firm on price. Text me for additional info.

Attached Files:

rc51kid, Osprey!, motocopter and 6 others like this.
  9. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is a pretty neat Bridgestone. For its age it is probably OK but it is very rough. Lots of rust and a chuck broken out of the engine case. That would make a very fun rider. Excuse my ignorance but what is the lever on the side case above the shifter ? 2 speed gearbox ? choke for the rotary valve ?
  11. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rotary shift. Go from high gear to first or low if that is your choice. I don't think it ever caught on.
  12. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    :nod
    My '69 Kawasaki T120 Roadrunner also had a more basic rotary shift pattern (and dual range 4 spd x2).
    Shifting up: N-1-2-3-4-N-1-2-3-4-N....

from https://bridgestone.skew.org/articles/bs175test.html#:~:text=A dual rotary-valve engine,-- but they're close.

"When the Bridgestone 175 was introduced, it was especially unusual in having a two-way transmission. With the flip of a lever, you could have a 4-speed "rotary-shift" transmission, in which neutral was between 1st and 4th and you could get 1, 2, 3, 4, N, 1, 2, etc. endlessly by pressing down on the shift lever. Pull the "sportshift" lever, which is mounted high on the right side of the transmission, over the other way and you had a 5-speed gearbox, with a conventional ratchet change and neutral between 1st and second. There was another neutral between 4th and 5th, too, and while the first neutral (the one you wanted) was almost impossible to find, the second unwanted neutral seemed impossible to avoid. No longer is that the case. A revised shiting drum gives you the same 4-speed rotary system, but those who use the 5-speed option (which you still get by moving the little lever over) will find that the pattern is now N, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. No more problems with finding neutral, and no more missing the shift between 4th and 5th."
  13. barko1

barko1 barko1 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oops, someone beat me to the same info :lol3

That was a very cool bike, I had the more affordable 90 Mountain. Pretty good shape for 53 years old. Here is info on the lever:

When the Bridgestone 175 was introduced, it was especially unusual in having a two-way transmission. With the flip of a lever, you could have a 4-speed "rotary-shift" transmission, in which neutral was between 1st and 4th and you could get 1, 2, 3, 4, N, 1, 2, etc. endlessly by pressing down on the shift lever. Pull the "sportshift" lever, which is mounted high on the right side of the transmission, over the other way and you had a 5-speed gearbox, with a conventional ratchet change and neutral between 1st and second. There was another neutral between 4th and 5th, too, and while the first neutral (the one you wanted) was almost impossible to find, the second unwanted neutral seemed impossible to avoid. No longer is that the case. A revised shiting drum gives you the same 4-speed rotary system, but those who use the 5-speed option (which you still get by moving the little lever over) will find that the pattern is now N, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. No more problems with finding neutral, and no more missing the shift between 4th and 5th.
  14. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never had a bike like that but it does sound like a good selling point. However, most if not all the time I downshift as I slow down and always stop in first gear then go to neutral. That idea isn't needed for that type of down shifting. :loco
  15. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, That is a new one even on me. I have had rotary shift bikes and various different standard shift bikes but never both in the same Bike.
    Podzo's PD likes this.
  16. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:
  17. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. barko1

barko1 barko1 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pandemic induced psychosis :nod
    unswitched and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  20. NoCo68

NoCo68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Blakebird and jjmead1 like this.