1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Too Hot To Ride

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by michaeln, Jun 26, 2016.

1. strappyman

strappyman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WUSS ! ! ! :knary
  2. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty badass in person. :dunno
    Foot dragger and michaeln like this.
  3. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Where is the emoji for pat on the back? CAP LOL!
    RAZR likes this.
  4. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    :feelgood

You remember that one time we had coffee at the DD and then rode figure 8's in the parking lot? That was a good morning.
    verboten likes this.
  5. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    If you won't ride in mid 90's in Southern California that cuts your riding days per year in half! I'll take 100f over 32f any day of the week. Even 110f is OK when you are moving. Getting in traffic is the bummer. If you can avoid that I don't see a problem. Wear a Camelback and hydrate as you go. Stop every hour. 90f is normal to me.
    Foot dragger and RAZR like this.
  6. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    What bike did you get Joel? Its been too long, we need to ride again!
  7. verboten

verboten confused Supporter

Oddometer:
    A UofA study two years ago linked riding in temperatures exceeding 100 degrees with high testosterone levels, thereby proving that you are less of a man by not riding in hot weather. In Cyberdos's case, he is less of a man simply by height. A similar study found that those who spend more time in front of their computer than on their bike develop chronic thin skin.

All of this of course is made up, except the part about you all being a bunch of wusses ;)
    Jedi5150, Foot dragger and michaeln like this.
  8. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Pussies-R-US. I mean what do you do during an epic ride to where ever,only it turns 105 degrees or more? Call Mom? Get a tow truck? Motorcycle riding is an outdoor sport.
    I scrounge ice at gas stations or anywhere I can,keep the Camelbak filled up. Like most say,once its near 100 or over,the full vented gear is baking a person dry. I have a jacket that opens up for full vent,or zips shut mostly pretty quick. Olympia-GT-Air. Its ended up being the go-to jacket.
    RAZR likes this.
  9. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    Pfft.

[​IMG]
  10. verboten

Oddometer:
    ASU's only notable contribution in this field is the effects of heat on the amount of clothing girls wear on campus. Preliminary data has been collected, but further research is needed.
  11. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    I've got an honorary PHD in this field. There is a starbucks dead center in the downtown campus. We shall brace the tremendous 90+ degree heat and ride there for the collecting of this crucial data.

:*sip*
  12. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Cripes-O-Mighty,I was in downtown Chico yesterday,the college girls who have remained for summer.................its too dam hot for clothes obviously.
  13. verboten

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Foot dragger likes this.
  14. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    The good thing is that you tough guys will be out riding while verboten and I will pussy it up collecting data behind the glass of the air conditioned starbucks then dip into the pool (at the Y right next to starbucks) where these girls do laps to work on their physiques.

I know, it's a tough job but someone has to do it while you guys enjoy the trials. :cry
    Foot dragger likes this.
  15. verboten

Oddometer:
    Scholarly scientific research it tough work. Fortunately my wife is a biologist, so she will totally understand and support our efforts :)
  16. verboten

Oddometer:
    I am really not looking forward to my international studies after giving this further thought :(
    Beach Burqa Bingo?

[​IMG]
    Foot dragger likes this.
  17. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    All true,luckily I can wander down town on my Bicycle and be there in minutes,there's something about Chico in the Summer. Cut off ragged short shorts on co-eds,creek running right through town dammed up to make a huge cement swimming area,its old school nor-cal.

Pic is taken during a recent 440 mile day ride 477ebdeef6e133c345cbf0f5259de27e.jpg an inmate and I did,overlooking the unknown coast off a 25 mile dirt section called Usal Road. Had all my layers on and was still chilled. BanhXeo is the inmate he cooks up long day rides and off we go.
    RAZR and cyberdos like this.
  18. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
  19. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    There's a stupid motorist law, I don't see why there shouldn't be a stupid hiker law too. Because rescuing some idiot that thinks he's tough enough to go out in 110 degree heat should be paid by the idiot himself, not the tax payer.
    RAZR and Foot dragger like this.
  20. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Totally agree idiots should pay for being idiots,how will they otherwise learn? People head out in various sorts of vehicles around here in winter thinking "gee snow must be fun" .
    That has to be their total thinking. Cars end up being drug out by some good Samaritan,or left for the winter in case of storms. These same folks tend to not have gas money on them,or jackets,or boots,or food. Just out for a good time. Humans as a species need more training.
    RAZR likes this.