Took a little ride on my "new" K100AdvRS

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DataDaddy, Nov 18, 2005.

1. DataDaddy

DataDaddy @ the new dad thing

Oddometer:
    Being a low-post Noob, Andy's calculated, well-crafted sales pitch caught my attention. :lol3 I was visiting DataWife in Altanta and since I was coming home through Birmingham, I called Andy to see if I could give the bike a test ride. So, I find my way to Andy's house.

Andy shows me the bike and runs through the particulars and then says "Go ride it and see if you like it."

I invite him to be tour guide while I checked out the bike. I figured he would know where the good roads were. :deal I didn't have to twist his arm all that hard. :lol3

We stop at a gas station about 30 minutes into the test ride and Andy asks if I want to ride some more. I was pretty happy with the bike and the test ride time I had gotten, but more riding wouldn't be too bad either.

I tell Andy, "I'll ride as long as you want to keep riding." I figured out later that he was trying to get out of some yard work :lol3 Worked out well for both of us...

So, I got a 50-60 mile test ride on the K100RS, plus I got to ride his R100GS for 10-20 miles. Andy's a good salesman :deal

Here are the bikes back at Andy's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I come back the next week to pick up the bike. I bring my friend Tom and Ellie the dog on the adventure.
    [​IMG]

Loading up...
    [​IMG]

Hey ma, it followed me home, can I keep it, can I?
    [​IMG]

Tucked away for her first night in her new home...
    [​IMG]

Saturday morning. It a nice warm day and seem like a good "get to know ya" ride kinda day.

Dropped "the baggage" and we're ready to go...
    [​IMG]

Fall is in the air and the leaves are beginning to change. We actually are getting pretty good color this year. Usually its just, GREEN - BROWN - and DOWN. :deal
    [​IMG]

Fall seemed to have the critters stirred up too. Saw a bunch of snakes (copperhead, if I'm not mistaken) crossing the road or just hanging on the warm asphalt.

Almost hit this guy. Pretty big snake.
    [​IMG]

More leaves... Cool roads...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy was in the apex of the corner and I did not see him in time to avoid... Mashed his tail:cry Quickly, put it out of misery... and rode on. Sorry Mr. Snake, shouldn't be playing in the road...
    [​IMG]

Not wanting to be a whimpy non-gravel-street bike riding kind of guy, I get the feel of the new bike on the gravel... Not too bad... Anyone have any knobbie recommendations for the K100RS? :ear Kenda make that size? :lol3
    [​IMG]

Its Saturday and the game is in town. SEC Football weekends mean tailgating... Despite our record this season, we're good at tailgating. With Alabama as an opponent, the crowds are even bigger.

Lots a folks on campus...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Co-eds...
    [​IMG]

The stadium starting to fill up. Its about 45 minutes before the game.
    [​IMG]

Folks are still coming... Its fun to ride against game day traffic...
    [​IMG]

Got home from my 80 mile adventure and my house guests (evacuees from New Orleans) had prepared breakfast... Whole wheat, blueberry pancakes with Huckleberry Syrup (thanks Oregon :wave). Hmmmm...
    [​IMG]

2 of the 3 dogs enjoying the sunny morning
    [​IMG]

Watching the game on the TV... less traffic :deal
    [​IMG]

I like my new bike... I think she'll fit in just fine around here...
  2. skeeter

skeeter Captain Safety

Oddometer:
    Looks like the perfect bike for the winter ride!
  3. DataDaddy

Oddometer:
    My thoughts as well... Now, who was that guy doing the spiked tires for people....
  4. Queen

Queen Happy Camper

Oddometer:
    Nice new ride DD. :thumb

There's an '85 blue version of that bike with 31,000 miles at my local dealer, he wants $2395...hmmmmmmmmm :lol3
  5. k7

k7 Almost retired..tick..tick..

Oddometer:

Where are their cowbells? :evil :lol3
  6. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool scoot! And I love the photo of Andy's garage, nothing but bikes parked everywhere! You'll love that old K bike, they're bombproof and run forever. Smooth as a Kirby vacuum cleaner (is that where the "K" designation came from???). I've got a K75 with 55,000 on it and it's hardly even broken in yet. A buddy of mine saw a K similar to mine in NY State with almost 300,000 miles on it, still purring like a kitten.

I can't offer advice on knobbies, but my K75 handles pretty decent on gravel with street tires. I had Michelin Macadam tires on it, they were OK, but the rubber seemed kinda hard. I love the MEZ6's I've got on my RT so I decided to try some of the new Metzler LazerTecs on the K75. Man, what a difference! Much better gription in all weather and a smoother ride. Got about 4000 miles on the LazerTecs and they still look new. Maintenance on the K bike is far simpler and less costly than the RT, always a good thing.

Check A&S Cycles website for historic info on your bike, and all kinds of goodies and parts for it.

The K75Adv near my home:

[​IMG]
    Ride safe, have fun!

Doug
  7. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    Looking Good there Daddy! Seems to be several snakes around your parts :lol3 Will be looking for ya in Nooga for T-Giving! :beer

Boojum!
  8. DataDaddy

Oddometer:
    Morning Booj :wave

Fucking sucks about Meathead... but that fucker tough...
  9. FlagRS

FlagRS Gone to the Dogs

Oddometer:
    Data,
    Nice "Flying Brick"! I like the color. Enjoy!
    Here is my wifes '04, she loves it:
    [​IMG]
  10. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Just picked one up in blue.Same model and year.Did 300+ on my first ride last weekend and looking forward to a nice long ride tomorrow.Watch those copperheads "thems pisonus" as my granddad used to say.

Brett
  11. norton73

norton73 drinkin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you're likin' the bike DD. I had many good rides on that bike and am already missing it :cry . i'm happy to see it went to someone that will ride the wheels offa that sucker, that's what it needs :nod