Top Secret New Adv Bike Coming....

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Pantah, Mar 26, 2005.

1. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    I can't speak to race tracks, but I believe the Nortons were faster than the Triumphs on the street during the 60's. I also believe, based on what old timers have told me, that the Sportsters were fastest of tehm all.
  2. xlcr

xlcr Stop being a dick, dick.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. Komet

Komet The Voice of Reason

Oddometer:
    Benelli?
  4. Stretch67

Stretch67 Mad Scientist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Word. :ricky
  5. SuperMARTO

SuperMARTO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep... it is a good one! I don't subscribe, but I should. I can't always find it in the bookstores by me. I guess that means I have to take a nice long ride to someplace that does sell it! And then I will remove the the subscription card, fill it out, and send them a check...

Actually, to update you, I broke down after all these years and figured I would give Motorcyclist my hard earned dough. 10 bucks a year isn't that bad, but they better not write about "Burning Man" anymore. I will give them one year to prove to me I should give them another ten bucks.

Cycleworld on the other hand, I pretty much just send them a check whenever I can. I think my subscription is now up to about 10 years.
  6. Stretch67

Stretch67 Mad Scientist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kevin Cameron's articles by themselves are worth the price of Cycle World.
  7. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    I found a Web site which sold 'Bike' (UK) subs for $64 / year. I signed up but haven't gotten my first issue yet. If you wish details, email me. AFAIK, $64 / yr is about what UK residents pay but then again it hasn't showed up yet so maybe it was a rip.

When I heard Bohem was out as editor of Motorcylist, I re-subbed only to find the most offensive guy in bike writing today - Catterson is the new editor. The first few issues I saw were as bad as I feared. These guys, Bohem and Catterson are about 50 years old but they pretend to be 18 year olds with attitude. It doesn't work. It's both offensive and annoying. I'd really like to read about their knowledge rather than their pretend attitudes.

Frex, over at Rider, there's this guy Clem who is a grumpy old fart set in his ways. He also has a lifetime of bikes behind him so when he writes, he does so with a lot of substance. It makes his articles very worth the read. I'm sure Bohem and Catterson have as much knowing at Clem, but they instead try to act all hip and young instead of showing it.