Torn between Honda PCX 150 vs Honda Forza 300

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Guillaume, Jun 18, 2019.

1. RRocket

RRocket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I loved my PCX.

The linked braking on it was very good indeed.

I'd not hesitate to own the PCX again. It's fantastic.
  2. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    I am much happier with a short wheelbase scooter in the San Francisco Bay Area. I know the Forza is smoother riding, faster at top end and better for 2 up, but FOR ME it's just too long. My city riding is on older city streets that are tight and bumpy, and short freeway rides of 5 miles or so, and 150 will do the job. I discovered 250cc Piaggio BV (Beverly) scooters from 2006-2009 are terrific, too, but they do have a longish wheelbase. The PCX wheelbase is 7" less than the Forza. It matters.
  3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I commuted for two years on my '16 PCX150. Our riding season in this part of the country is only about 5 months long. My commute is 18 miles each way.

My PCX will do 67 mph with a brand new belt, 64 once it wears a bit. She gets over 80 mpg with my 270lb ass on it, basically WFO the whole time I'm riding it.

My BV350 has assumed commuting duties this year. We still have both '15 & '16 PCX for weekend joy rides.

I don't see a lot of the Gen 2 (15-18) PCX150 pop up on Craigslist, but occasionally I see them listed for around $2500. I've had a lot of different scooters over the years. The PCX is literally as dependable as an anvil.
  4. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Virginian likes this.
  5. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rode a PCX for 5000 miles and loved it. I agree wholeheartedly that if you are ONLY doing around town urban driving it’s a much better scooter for that then the 300’s.... However the Forza is interstate capable and doesn’t get blown around, so it all depends on what you want to use it for. My PCX was totally an urban scooter, so it worked out fine. Once I decided to go interstate, I bought the Yamaha Xmax 300.
  6. Supertoon2

Supertoon2 Just be nice...

Oddometer:
    I had a 13 PCX for 3 years and traded up to a 2016 Forza. I am 6ft and ride often with my gf on our lovely Quebec roads. I also do alot of dirts roads as well. No complains with the PCX in all cases, maybe just missing a bit of extra power. Also, with the narrow back wheel, cars refused to stay behind me. I am doing 65kph in a 50kph zone, and they will try anything to pass WTF! (rant over)
    The Forza experience has had pros and cons:
    Pros
    -More power, sweet engine with great off the line get up and go
    -Looks really good to me
    -Has great brakes
    -Honda quality
    -great gas mileage
    -Light for a maxi
    -does well on dirt roads ( as long as there are no potholes)
    Cons:
    -very choppy/rough suspension front and back. My wife never complains, and she is saying "sell it"
    -the seat is not very comfortable (for me) and the hump forces your partner to sit way back. Not good for handling.
    -I still find mine wanders a bit at higher speeds
    -The rear panels bulge out so much, my passenger can barely put her feet on the pegs
    -The seat does not open all the way up, pita to use the storage
    I live in a rural area, so not regrets going to a 300cc. I was going to get killed on the PCX!
    kpinvt and Deuce like this.
  7. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    Get a non freeway legal scooter only if you are absolutely certain you will never need to ride on the freeway. IMO, the PCX is too small to carry a passenger safely unless you are both very light. OTOH, I have never liked the Forza. It felt to big and heavy to throw around easily in town. Everybody knows I am anti ABS and anti linked brakes, though I only ride for recreation. They might not be such an issue on a transportation bike. My favorite scooter in the whole world is the Vespa GT200. It keeps up on the freeway, is carbureted, does not have ABS or linked brakes, and is small enough to easily navigate city traffic with. I weigh 240, and with a helmet and the stuff I carry, am probably close to 280. The Vespa handles it just fine. I paid $2200 U.S. for mine in new condition with 1800 miles on it. You might also want to check out some of the Taiwan made scooters, they are high quality but a lot less expensive than Japanese scooters because many people think they are Chinese. There is a Kymco People 250 on my local Craigslist for $1800 with super low miles.