Toronto, Goose Bay, NF,NS, Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sunio, Mar 28, 2006.

1. sunio

sunio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am thinking about doing the run from Toronto through Labrador, taking a ferries and getting back through NF, NS, NB to Toronto. Could someone help me in figuring out the time I would need to cover this? I would have maximum of 16 days to do it and I am not sure if it would possible at all given the short timeframe. I did Toronto, Alaska, Toronto last year in 4 weeks. I figure this wouldn't be as long. Ferry crossings may take a chunk of time though. Any insight will be apprieciated.
  2. tor1150r

tor1150r --

Oddometer:
    We are doing Toronto-Lab-Toronto as well. Plan is to leave May 21.
    We are taking 30 days to do this. BUT, note that we are going through each province and I'm riding 2-up, with an average of 350 kms/day.

Do you have any mapping software? Mapsource? Streets & Trips?
    Either of these should help you figure out your route. I suspect you'll take the TCH much of the way, as I have chosen alternative routes (plus we are doing Gaspe.

I suspect you could do your trip in 16 days.
    I am also in Toronto. If you are using Mapsource I can feed you some routes.
  3. B.E. Coyote

B.E. Coyote (Super-Genius) Supporter

Oddometer:
    We did Virginia Beach to Goose Bay, Cartwright, Newfoundland, N.S. and back in under 2 weeks. We saw almost everything we wanted to see but did put in a few long days.

We missed the tour at Churchill Falls but everything else was great.

If you haven't read it yet, check out our ride report. It is pretty detailed.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92207&highlight=goose

Brian
  4. sunio

sunio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. Now how about the time of the year. I may only be able to do it in the second half of August. How's the weather in Labrador and East Coast provinces at that time of the year. I wouldn't want to spend two weeks in rain.
  5. nbalthazard

nbalthazard Normand

Oddometer:
    Hi, I am planning to go to Labrador and Goose bay this summer. Plans are for late june or late july. Would like to pair with other bikes.
    Anyone with plans, I would like to share.

Normand 1200 GS and KTM 525