Total Control Training is Pennsylvania's new official state program manager

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by OfirMX, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jwumpus

jwumpus standup philosopher

Oddometer:
    I searched for "total control" hoping to find some information on Mr. Parks' book and hopefully even a dvd. I figured this must be the place since it was the most recent thread, I seemed to have wandered into an argument about physics, though. So should I buy this book or not? I don't see a link to a dvd anywhere, does one exist?
  2. aa3jy

aa3jy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can purchase an online read through Kindle...
  3. jwumpus

jwumpus standup philosopher

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I prefer physical books so I'm going to go with that. I'm just wondering if it's worth reading. I get the impression that some of the information is a bit contentious.
  4. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
  5. aa3jy

aa3jy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh??? what about the Pa.’s Total Control program for the past two years? And where are the stats for Ca. M/C miles driven..not registered motorcycles per accident..anyone can buy a motorcycle have it registered but not drive it which would equate to ‘0’ accidents...

The following is from this months ‘Motorcycle Consumer News’ authored by Lee Parks..

[​IMG]
    Opens in modal lightbox
    i

Viewable Image - california motorcyclist fatalities are down

Image Caption

TOTAL CONTROL TRAINING
    However, good news can be seen in the accompanying charts. California is beating the previous fatality trend in every metric checked against, including comparison to nonmotorcycle fatalities, registrations, endorsements and new and used motorcycle sales.

I can’t wait to see how this affects the rest of the country, as these safety coalition-building and training methodologies expand into more state programs.

MCN will continue to report on trends and developments in this area
  6. outlaws justice

outlaws justice On the Fringe

Oddometer:

When the number of people trained and put on the roads goes from 20,000 per year to 8,500 per year that is a lot less "New" riders out riding and having accidents, so that will make the numbers look a lot different... Just saying