1. Braapingtothefuture

Braapingtothefuture Adventurer

Oddometer:

That looks like a great loop. The best pictures are the long straight roads... Wyoming is nice for the lack of people.

I am looking forward to riding over the bighorns next year!
  2. dvwalker

dvwalker Working to ride

Oddometer:
    Agree those long horizon to horizon stretches are awesome and you can really fly. Bit of a heat wave this ride thru grass land sections with temps in the 90s, so little bitter sweet. Tons of chukers and other birds flying every which way on sides of the roads. Had to put the visor down a number of times as I didn't want a bird wedged into my face.
  3. Colorado Uli

Colorado Uli Must I?

Oddometer:
    +1
  4. pratered

pratered Jackpiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    My decision to turn around was due to being lost. I came to a clear cut area, tried various routes out that would peter out or lead to another open area with multiple routes out and felt I was a bit over my head in route finding. Plus, it was damn hot, a hundred in Thermopolis when I rolled in. I plan to return and ride in from the North.

Meteetse to Pitchfork, Ranch not town, was paved. The fun starts when you get pass the Ranch roads. The FS roads push right up into the mountains. On one map, I’ve seen a road that looks like if at the end you parked and hiked a bit you could see into the South Fork south of Cody. Later, at the One Eyed Buffalo, I confirmed that with a local geology buff. Definitely going back to explore that area more.