Tour Master apparel

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by King Air driver, Dec 13, 2001.

1. King Air driver

King Air driver Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just soliciting thoughts on Tour Master apparel. I have the 3/4 Jacket and have an order in for the Cortech pants. Anybody else wear the same gear?
  2. drholm

drholm Easily Amused

Oddometer:
    Have the Cortech Sport jacket with liner and the Cortech pants. The front venting helps somewhat but is not adequate on 95F days. In the winter the velcro to velcro "sccop" doesn't want to "un-scoop" which will become a leak point. I have not had a chance to try it all in a long hard rain ride but the other reports I read varied from "great" to "ended up sitting in a puddle" Gettin' it all on an off can turn you into a serious velcro hater. With the liner and an electric vest you should be able to ride any temp. The velcro at the neck is scratchy so I always ride with a turtleneck longsleeve shirt. Good luck.
  3. ShaftEd

ShaftEd Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been running the Courtech 3/4 jacket and Courtech pants for almost 2 years now. Good stuff, kinda a poor man's Aerostich. I find the jacket without the liner is more comfortable in hot weather than my friends Aerostich, and with the liner, handles cold better than the standard stich. The Courtech is water resistant, not water proof. Works fine, but will not handle an extended downpour. I did a light 15mph crash in it and no rips or tears and the knee armour did it's job. Don't think it would handle a harder crash as good as a stich though. I like it for dirt riding especially, as I don't mind getting it filthy and messed up since it was not too expensive. I would have trouble running an $800 stich in dust, mud, and rocks. About the only thing I don't like is that while the pants are double layered on the knee, the jacket is not double layered in the shoulder and elbow area's. This is the reason I don't believe the suit will crash as well as the stich.

Ed
  4. etj

etj Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had the pants and they were pretty poor in the wet. But the factory does stand behind the product and if you talk to them them they do absolutely warrant that they are (or should be) waterproof. I exchanged mine for some First Gear hypertex overpants, which are also giving me problems, but I'll cover that in another thread. If wet weather protection is important, I've not heard one complaint about the darien pants.
  5. King Air driver

Oddometer:
    Well we'll see how the pants do. Hopefully I won't have to worry too much about wetness living in AZ.
  6. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    Damn King, don't you plan on leaving the state:rofl
  7. King Air driver

Oddometer:
    At the rate I'm go'in I wonder about that myself. Ever since I bought my RT at the end of Sept. I have only ridden her back and forth to work except once, and that was only a 200 mile jaunt. Shit ...... I need to get out more. :1drink My riding buddy and I just haven't been able to sync schedules. :scratch
  8. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Weighing in here with anecdotal evidence. One of my buddies (K12LT) wore a fairly new Tourmaster Cortech on a ride in Feb. I was on my KLT too, but there was light at the end of the tunnel, cuz I had already seen lots of 1150RT photos on the web by then. It was raining like a sumzaitch, and we rode on about 150 miles of backroads in the Santa Cruz Mtns. When we returned to our meeting point, he was sitting in a warm puddle (heated seat), and I was bone dry in my Darien. He ditched the suit shortly thereafter and bought a Darien uniform.

so, it seems the tourmaster stuff sucks for wet weather.