Tour of Greece on BMW 1250gs (2 up)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by danmcc6, Jun 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. danmcc6

danmcc6 n00b

Oddometer:
    12 days of GoPro footage from a guided motorcycle tour of Greece, boiled down to 23 minutes.

If your thinking if doing a greece tour, you may enjoy this preview.

NSFW, Velko, Sarang and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sarang

Sarang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow lovely roads! I assume you rented these bikes? Will it be possible to share these details of the rental company and the generic costs etc?
    Thanks
  3. danmcc6

danmcc6 n00b

Oddometer:
    We went with https://www.adriaticmototours.com/ prices are published there. Long story, but we decided to go last minute and I did not shop around, so I don't know how they compare price wise to other companies. This was our first guided tour. I can say they were amazing, bikes, guide, roads and accommodations were all above my expectations.
    Sarang likes this.
  4. EastRoad

EastRoad Road Viking Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lovely roads, great country to travel & ride overall...

But why guided? (ok, groups aren't my thing at any level or place, so you maybe don't want to take me too seriously in this regard :) )...
    Isn't travelling all about the freedom to pick your own roads, take your own detours, make your own wrong turns and end up in either shitty or miraculously great back alley restaurants?

thanks for the footage though ;)
  5. danmcc6

danmcc6 n00b

Oddometer:
    Fair enough.... I've had my share of the adventures you described and hope to have many more.... For this trip however... I've never been to Europe, had no idea what to expect, don't speak Greek and have only so much time. I took this trip with my wife to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Hit and miss wandering was not what I was after. Being able to immediately hit the best roads and restaurants and not having to do any planning was ideal for this occasion. I had never ridden with a group, but they turned out to be great people and it actually added to the experience.
    EastRoad likes this.