Tour of Idaho - North to South (T2?!)

Discussion in 'Americas' started by lagbc, Dec 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lagbc

lagbc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Stumbled upon "Tour of Idaho" recently and it looks great, but being from BC it would make more sense for me/us to do North to South T1 route, which technically I guess would be considered T2.

So far reading trough FAQ I found answer that T1 is South to North and it's not us much fun to do it North to South but without much of explanation why?!

Anybody have done it North to South or can explain what's the difference except for having sun in your face?
  2. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    The T 1 is a hard core dirt bike route, the T2 is an easy adventure bike route. Which one are you asking about?
  3. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Everybody else is going South to North so you have to ride carefully to avoid head-ons and that takes a lot of the fun out of it
  4. lagbc

lagbc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    T3 is dual sport route, not T2, from their website:
    T2 is the Cartman "I do what I want" version of T1. T3 is a dual sport Tour that is easier than either T1 or T2 but more difficult than the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route.
    http://motorcyclejazz.com/TID.htm

Not true. That is the risk on any trail all the time as there are people who aren't doing Tour of Idaho. You can run into dirt bikers who are just having fun and are not on set route or are on different route. It's a public land after all.
    EZ300 likes this.
  5. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea went to the Moto jazz site. Either my memory is off or he changed up the names.
    I only remember a T1, T2 and a T3
    I rode the east west ride which I thought was T3 and the north south dual sport that I thought was T2.
  6. lagbc

lagbc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They might have.

Question still stands, why North to South isn't that fun? And is there somebody who has done North to South?
  7. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can’t vouch for the others, but the two I did it wouldn’t make any difference at all.
    I would guess on the T1 it has more to do with the point system and less to do with the actual route.
    lagbc likes this.
  8. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was a joke.

Anyways the real answer is probably some ass-kicker downhill going S-N that's even more of an asskicker/showstopper going up it the other way.
    Although if you can do the TID S-N, there's probably nothing that's going to stop you from riding anywhere, so I don't know.
  9. lagbc

lagbc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Their forum is "great" or in other words useless, tried registering couple times and nothing... FB group is closed to T1 only. Web site doesn't really provide info on why T1 (T2) north-south isn't that much fun. And there doesn't seem to be anybody with much knowledge about it here either.

If anybody have suggestions for FB group that would be a good place to ask questions about Tour of Idaho T2 let me know.
  10. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter

Oddometer:
    Just thought you might enjoy this read while your trying to figure out T1, T2 T3--it' all changed since I rode "The Tour Of Idaho" in 2006 ...........I think that was the year I rode it.
    Back then it was called just "The tour Of Idaho" and this was before he laid out the single track from hell ride he now offers.

I got injured on this ride and didn't quite finish---------but did a few years later.
    Enjoy:
    http://www.bigdogadventures.com/TID.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    bomose likes this.
  11. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter

Oddometer:
  12. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    The R'idaho gang is a little more user friendly to newbies and their GRiT 1, 2, and 3 routes probably use many of the same tracks. The Grit 1 goes the length of Idaho. Here's a link to their Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ridaho/