Tourance troubles?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Santa, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Santa

Santa Focused on the Future

Oddometer:
    Just returned from a 1000 mile desert adventure and noticed that my front tire has a bad bubble in the sidewall. At lest it did not blow out on the highway on the way home.
    I think the damage is done by hitting large rocks in the road.(There are pretty bad roads)
    Wanted to advise all owners to take a close look at their front tires. This is the second tire that I have had to replace due to this type of problem.
    Anyone else had the same trouble?
    Santa
  2. PPiA

PPiA Pete

Oddometer:
    Not bubbling, but I had a front Tourance that had a slight headshake it's whole life. The wheel was balanced twice to try and get rid of it, but it stayed. A new Bridgestone fixed it in the end.
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Santa, damn good advice to inspect tires during every pre-ride check. Not just for bubbles, but for low pressure, punctures, cuts, etc.

I've not had a bad tourance yet, but defects happen. When I replaced the tires on my RT, I got a bad front Dunlop that wiggled and required about half a pound of tire-weights to balance it. Replaced under warranty. Another good reason to buy locally.