Tourance vs Anakee??

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Fredde_M, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Fredde_M

Fredde_M Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello,

They seem to be similar. If not - I hope someone can help me sort out the
    differences?

I have BattleWings now and they are way to slippery on dirt. Thinking of
    TKC80 but Anakee/Tourance might be a compromise.

Any experiences BattleWings vs above mentioned tires? So far I can only
    relate to BW.

//F
  2. bacon

bacon KZ5TLP

Oddometer:
    To make it short and sweet.
    Tourance's last longer.
    Anakee's grip better.
  3. Spanish Bob

Spanish Bob I dont know where I am.

Oddometer:
    Bollocks another tyre thread...

anakees suck (take too long to warm up, variable grip (they DONT grip better) and the front cups like buggery)

tourance are very good overall

If you want to ride dirt you obviously dont want either. try TKC80.

just my opinion, if you cane the bike, dont get anakees.

You should probably do a search just to understand how difficult these threads are. No concensus.

bob
  4. mtnyeti

mtnyeti Caveman

Oddometer:
    Just put on some Anakee's the other day - too new to give a report on but I had TKC's before.

I can tell you the TKC's are great for the first 3000 miles after that the center knobs get worn down on the rear (if you ride on paved roads a lot). That makes cornering interesting as it feels like it's unstable although it's really not. The TKC's do great in the corners it's just a feeling from the flattened center knobs. Also they make a little noise and give off just enough vibration to be noticable. Great tire if you'll be playing in the dirt at all.
  5. mtnyeti

mtnyeti Caveman

Oddometer:
    Ain't that the truth!! :lol3
  6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You should be aware of an annoying LOUD whine from the rear Anakee bewteen 80 - 100 km/h. I couldn't wait till my rear Anakee wore out... then recently, I had a loaner with an Anakee, the loud whine is unmistakable.
  7. rrmdeuce

rrmdeuce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's the deal with the Dunlop D607 It never brought up. I just bought a used 1200gs and it came with a new D607 front tire :ear not mounted. The ? is mount it or trade it?:deal :deal :deal
  8. Grad

Grad Wannabe

Oddometer:
    My Anakee tires have a very loud droning noise...I have a new rear Tourance and I hope the noise is gone when I mount it up.
  9. AdvDesigns

AdvDesigns Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Difficult question. I have ridden TKC's, Tourances, and now Anakees. I have been very pleased with the Anakees on my 1200GSA. They appear to grip very well. (I road them for day on a race track and have done a little off-roading) I mounted Anakees because I got a very high recommendation for San Jose BMW. They have a group of 1200GS rider's who ride VERY aggressively and they prefer only Anakees and supposedly have tried them all including street/race only tires. I plan on trying an Anakee in the front and a Tourance in the back next. The front Tourance on 1200GSA seems to make a slight vibration and the Anakee does not. The Tourance in the back will last longer. Just my 2 cents. You really can't go wrong with any of the 3 choices. They are all great tires. Just mount them and ride.
  10. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    Exactly. My 12GS ADV came with the Anakees. Nice grip and confidence but what a howling tire... especially when leaned over. Switched to the new Tourance EXP's at the 6K service even though the Anakees still had some life to them. Had zero issues with the Tourances on an 1150GS, including wet roads and leaned waaaay over... plus longevity. Optimistic the next generation EXP's will also deliver.
  11. dean-o

dean-o Dabs often

Oddometer:
    i have the anakee up front & the tourance out back & like the combo on my 1100gs...
    dean
    old hickory, tn
  12. fontanaman

fontanaman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had Anakees once - they wore out very quick. I get 10,000 miles out of my Tourance rear tire and 20,000 out of the front. The Anakees seemed softer - I could feel them start to give way on the pavement at times.
  13. mtnyeti

mtnyeti Caveman

Oddometer:
    I've never heard this howling everyone is talking about!?!? Although I just put the Anakee's on a few days ago. Does the sound come from wear? I did have TKC's on before and they make a little noise, maybe I'm just used to tire noise.
  14. Beeming

Beeming Itchy Feet

Oddometer:
    I'm 10,000 klm's into a 35,000 klm trip around Aus and when i get home I would of riden on both Tourances and Ankies. While I have had problems witht he front Tourance blistering touring off road, untill I try Ankies I will not know if its me or the tyres not up to touring in Australian conditions??
    Can't see a problem with rear Tourance tho.
    I would of fitted 3 three sets of tyres by the time I get home so time will tell what tyre fairs better out here? The new front Tourance blisted in only 400 klm's but thats at 90% off 10% on road riding...

Good luck

Tads
  15. Chris_GS

Chris_GS I like a big pair...

Oddometer:
  16. Don't shoot me!!!

Don't shoot me!!! Snowflakes are cold...

Oddometer:
    Ditch both Anakee and Tourance, go for Avon Distanzia...
    Superb tires for the GS/A :nod
  17. Dorian

Dorian huge carbon footprint

Oddometer:
    Neither have I. Swapped out some worn Tourances for a set of Anakees on my 11GS. I noticed no difference in tire noise - neither made any.
  18. German

German Ich liebe Bayrischen Mist

Oddometer:
    +1 - Anakees stick better on the raod. I just got my Tourances put on couple days ago and I can tell the difference compared to the Anakees.

19. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    If you are interested in dirt go wth the 80s. I had Tourances and would not go back. I ride 50% dirt-gravel-mud-sand. You will only get about 3000 miles but they grab so much better.
  20. Fredde_M

Fredde_M Adventurer

Oddometer: