For sale Touratech auxiliary fuel tank. BMW F800GS.

Discussion in 'Parts' started by deerslayR, Aug 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerslayR

deerslayR Spodely Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For sale is my Touratech fuel tank for the BMW F800GS. Touratech part #048-0380. Fits F800GS from 2008- 2012. Only used for a few months during a grand walk about. Both petcocks and the fuel lines are included. Never painted, it’s in its raw form. Holds 5.3 extra gallons. Located in southern New Jersey near Atlantic City. $750.00 OBO plus the cost of shipping.
    It’s not heavy, but is large.
    NEW INFO AS INDICATED IN LATER POSTS!
    I DO have the brackets to mount this tank to the bike. The buyer and I will need to either swap tanks or I’ll need to find a way to “plug” the holes in my tank.
    Install and info from TT website:
    https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Large-Fuel-tank-F800GS-up-to-2012-53g-unpainted
    72670A96-85FD-4856-AE1F-74B80A0AF0D6.jpeg 889C8362-E921-4DD0-B2BD-F2293B50724A.jpeg

Attached Files:

bozmotodual16 likes this.
  2. bozmotodual16

bozmotodual16 GuttenTight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interesting ~ never seen that part before. Do you have photos of it on the bike? I have an 800 and have been looking for fuel solutions. Currently going with fuel bottles mounted to my panniers...
  3. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    Actually I don’t have a pics of tank mounted on tank. PO might. If I can contact him I’ll get some up.
  4. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    On bike that is
  5. viking_world_tour

viking_world_tour n00b

Oddometer:
    You still got the TT tank? Did you have to reposition-lower the underseat tank to fit the TT? Is this the complete kit?
  6. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Previous owner had the tank on this bike for a grand walkabout. Said it was an easy four bolt and two fuel line install. I haven’t mounted it, since my days of rtw trips are done, hence the sale offering. Has fuel tank, cap and petcocks with the fuel lines for hook up. The key for the cap broke off in the lock, but still works just fine. Touratech said that a good locksmith can extract the broken key and make keys to fit the existing lock. I’ll be checking on that in the next few days.
  7. stcynik

stcynik Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did or not the previous owner give you all parts required to mount this tank? Per the install manual on the TT site, there's brackets, bolts, and stuff....all of which it sounds like you're are missing.
  8. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    I know nothing about the tank other than what I have. Tank. Petcocks. Two short, attached fuel supply lines and the cap. Hope this helps.
  9. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    If it helps you make a decision, this tank is designed for the 2008-2013 models. I don’t know if it will fit later models.
  10. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    Since I have been informed that there are some brackets/bolts that will need to be sourced, I’ve lowered the price to $750.00 plus shipping OBO.
  11. mahony99

mahony99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have installed 2 of these. If you buy one from Germany it’s about €1000 new and then if you export it you get the 17% tax back. (Would need a contact in Germany)
    there are a lot of other parts needed to mount this.
    Front support bar, quick release fuel Line connectors and the hardware to connect it to the main tank. May be a little high on the asking price I’m afraid.
  12. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the comments. I have the quick disconnects, but they’re on my bike right now.
    Any idea how to plug the holes, properly, to seal the stock tank? I’m sure the other bracketry would be available and wouldn’t make it a deal breaker. That said, I’m open to respectful offers. What would YOU be willing to pay?
  13. deerslayR

Oddometer:
    Brackets found!
    While going through my boxes of extra parts I found the brackets. The cross support, side and top brackets. This should make the install a breeze. Some fasteners may be needed. 5CA048AB-D467-4E50-9337-A343443CEBB3.jpeg 5CA048AB-D467-4E50-9337-A343443CEBB3.jpeg

The quick release fuel line bits will be sent with the tank. I just need to plug my tank, or trade tanks with the buyer.

If you have a standard model (not adventure) NO.

And I do have the mounting brackets.
    The mounting instructions are on the link to the Touratech site.

FWIW, the tank can be sourced from the US warehouse and retails for $1425.00 per the Touratech site.

First owner in Yakutsk circa 2011.
    B5335CD4-DE0F-4C42-8719-17D0CCF0FFDB.jpeg

(See above. Pic of first owner with tank mounted.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.