Touratech Aventuro Carbon 2 helmet - review request

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by wilkey113, May 26, 2020.

1. wilkey113

wilkey113 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been considering buying a new helmet, and quite like the Touratech Aventuro Carbon 2. Here's the link to the one I'm looking at:

https://touratech-usa.com/store/Touratech-Aventuro-Carbon-2-Dual-Sport-Adventure-Helmet

My question is based on getting some info / feedback about the fit of this helmet. I'm not concerned about sizing, as the website list a size Medium at 56-58cm and I wear a size Medium Arai XD4 currently, and it fits me great.
    So I'm looking for anyone that has a comparison on fits. For instance, the Arai XD4 is very comfortable, but the same size Shoei Hornet, hurts my head, right at the back, top corners. I'm sure I have a bit of a different head than most, but the fit / comfort, is obviously important.
    Can anyone give any input on how the Touratech fits compared to other brands? I'd like to know as much as possible before dropping the cash, and since I can't seem to find anyone that carries this helmet for me to try on, I figured I'd see if the forum could chime in.
    Thanks
    Jeff
  2. rc51cbrguy

rc51cbrguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had used the xd4 and fits a little tight for me in size medium. The touratech fits also a little tight. The medium size fits about the same as the xd4.
  3. wilkey113

wilkey113 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the info. Thank You!
  4. Xyphon112

Xyphon112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    See this thread for a comparo between the Nexx X.WED2 and the TT Carbon2. https://advrider.com/f/threads/nexx-x-wed-2-helmet.1293127/page-10#post-38871557

For the cost of a pinlock lens you get a lot more helmet out of the TT version. I'd definitely go with it over the Nexx if you can.

As far as fit goes - I fit a medium Arai XD-4, but the medium Nexx X.WED2 is too big for me, but the small is too small.
  5. Alli_13

Alli_13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just received mine, comparing to an AGV sport modular (full carbon, road modular helmet), impressions :

I’m between 58 and 59 head circumference so between two sizes.

My AGV sport modular is an M and always fitted a bit too tight, especially on the cheeks, lot of compression, and barely enough space between my lips and the chin guard to not feel claustrophobic (had to move my cardo’s mic to the side because of that ) , otherwise okay room at the top and back.

Took the aventuro 2 size L and fits better, still snug but brand new and it will loosen a bit over time so I’m happy with my choice of sizing.

I have a kind of oblong face, not really round, thin chin and mid sized jaw.

- Both are kind of premium helmets within the same range of price, but different usages.

- I feel comfort is better on the even brand new on the TT aventuro 2 the inner liner is less rigid than the AGV sport modular, which was already quite comfortable.

- The quality of lining / pads and the materials of them seems better on the TT aventuro 2, inspire more confidence.

- The visor mechanisms are both good but the TT is a pain to re-install the visor, which is a shame for an helmet you’re supposed to be able to change design on the go and put googles on...also feels like it might break after forcing several time. AGV sport modular visor is much easier to put back on after cleaning in comparison.

- Weight, bit of a deception... my sport modular is about 1380g bare, is a modular and include internal sun visor. Thought a full face would be lighter, but nope the TT is 1450g bare, and about 1570 with peak. In Total with my Cardo packtalk slim I’m carrying 1750g on my head, knowing i bought this helmet for offroading in summer its not fantastic on that matter.

- venting seems great on the TT. Was decent on the AGV but cant compare yet. Same for sound/noise.

Will update this post with further details once i get the chance to ride it.

Overall im very happy with it, but almost 1500g for a supposedly full face non modular carbon helmet is a bit deceiving, anyway I’ll soon put an action cam on it so weight wont even be something i try to consider anymore xP
  6. Double_U

Double_U Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bought one yesterday, after 2 versions of the BMW system 6. Using a BMW system 7 for work. Of course, it all depends on the shape of your head but I think this is the best fitting for me yet. TT provides extra padding to customise the lining to fit your head. Although I got the full carbon version, it's a bit heavier than anticipated. Also, with the helmet fully open, it feels a bit 'front heavy', but that might not be an issue riding with wind hitting the front. I got a size S (BMW6 55/56, BMW7 58/59). Apart from the test drive around the shop, I haven't ridden it yet.
  7. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Here are the listed weights:
    Weight Information (Approximate):

• Small Shell (XS-SM): 1280g (2lb, 13oz) Street & Off-Road, 1380g (3lb, 1 oz) Travel Mode
    • Medium Shell (MD-LG): 1330g (2lb, 15oz) Street & Off-Road, 1430g (3lb, 2oz) Travel Mode
    • Large Shell (XL-3X): 1380g (3lb, 1oz) Street & Off-Road, 1480g (3lb, 4oz)Travel Mode
    Street Mode = Peak removed, visor installed for use as street helmet. Off-Road Mode = Visor Removed for use with off-road goggles. Travel Mode = All parts installed (Peak & Visor)

[​IMG]
  8. Alli_13

Alli_13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah but all of that is +- 50g as stated on the helmet...and even more margin error in real life, because mine in LG in street mode (no peak, vison on) is 1450g....

Attached Files:

9. 603Granite

603Granite Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What head shape best matches up with this helmet?
  10. Alli_13

Alli_13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a kind of oblong / rectangular face and it fits very well.

I think if you have big/ wide cheeks or chickbones it might be a bit uncomfortable.
  11. Double_U

Double_U Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure where you got those numbers from. The back of my helmet says 1610gr (+/- 50gr), size S. The Touratech website mentions the same.
  12. Riteris

Riteris Dessert Runner

Oddometer:
    A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
    When I bought my TT helmet, the best fit was a full size smaller than the best fitting Arai.

For this kind of money, it was worth it to me to go to a decent shop and get fitted by an expert.
  13. Alli_13

Alli_13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    that must be another helmet you’re talking about, see my pics above in L.
  14. Double_U

Double_U Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My bad, I was looking at the Aventuro Traveller Carbon. :doh