1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Touratech DirtDaze Adventure Rally – Pomfret Vermont, August 15-18, 2019

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by AdamChandler, Apr 4, 2019.

1. ejm4

ejm4 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @AdamChandler did I read correctly, if You didn’t register, you can still show up and check out the vendors?
  2. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don’t know. I’m literally just a volunteer. You’ll have to email / call the dirt daze people.
    ejm4 likes this.
  3. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used the contact form on their site after you replied to me on Thursday...still waiting for a reply.
    ejm4 likes this.
  5. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just go to the website it clearly states you can see vendors with a day pass that are WILL BE AVAILABLE
  6. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    13D7AB1A-422C-4B27-875E-979CCAA496B2.png

Attached Files:

ejm4 likes this.
  7. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I see what they have posted there...still a bit confusing.

https://dirtdazerally.com/2017/03/20/register/: This page shows day passes as sold out. So do you need to get one ahead of time or just show up? The blog post update doesn't really say.

https://dirtdazerally.com/2018/04/01/adventure-bike-demos/: For the demos, it says "You must be a registered attendee to demo a bike."

Would still like to get clarification from the org or better info on the site as it's a bit contradictory.
    Racer111v likes this.
  8. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, just got off the phone with someone calling from Americade caller-ID.

Day passes will be available for purchase *on-site* only for $20. She's not sure if they'll take cards so probably have cash to be on the safe side. And these day passes will give you access to everything except food/camping/guided rides. She said they had some openings for guided rides still available.
    AdamChandler and ejm4 like this.
  9. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the follow up and clarification!
  10. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know what vendors will be there? I looked on the site for a list but don't see one.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  11. MTNFSH

MTNFSH Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer AdamChandler. I am looking forward to the event and having a couple of days to explore the Green Mountain forest area before DirtDaze begins. I will be taking along my fly rod just in case I find some good water along the way.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  12. 474x

474x GS Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

I'll be riding up from Sutton, MA.....Hope to leave here early in the morning on Saturday and take some nice scenic back roads to the rally. I'll be on a triple black GSA.

-Tim
    AdamChandler likes this.
  13. menacepending

menacepending n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey all, anyone else volunteer to be a ride lead/sweep? Hoping for some beta from anyone who has done it before and is doing it again.

I figured I would have heard from them by now but when I called americade it sounded like they are a lil underwater with all the popularity of the event.

Look forward to meeting y'all! Killer Ruby and I will be hauling down from Maine.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  14. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Id email / call again. I think they still need riders but I'm not sure. feel free to PM me and I'll send you the volunteer head's email address.
  15. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    4 of us (2 from upstate NY, 1 from Maine and myself) ran the Northeast route today. A few more changes to make but it's close to done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] '
    [​IMG]
    NJ-Bill, ejm4 and DirtPoorOverland like this.
  16. MP-KLR650

MP-KLR650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    AdamChandler likes this.
  17. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Whitehall, NY. I'm not from New England originally so anything north of NYC I call "upstate" due entirely to the population density of the city versus rest of state. I know that's not a normal definition but it's what I personally use.
  18. RoverDover

RoverDover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Camping Rules and Regulations as shared by the event organizers today:

In the interest of politeness and harmony, here are the 2019 Touratech DirtDaze Rally Camping Rules and Regulations:

We have limited space available. All belongings must fit in the 20’ x 15’ footprint. There will be no extra room outside of that. Be sure to introduce yourself to your neighbor.

1. Check in Time: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
    2. Check out Time: 11:00am
    3. Quiet Time: 10:00pm - 6:00am
    4. Generators can not be used during quiet hours--must be equipped with a spark arrestor to avoid fires.
    5. Carry in and Carry out--You are responsible for your own trash. Be sure to leave the area better than when you arrived.
    6. No CampFires will be permitted at campsites. There will be a fire at the lodge deck from 7:00pm to 10:00pm, Thursday, Friday & Saturday(pending approval of Fire Department). You will be allowed to use a small grill at your site for cooking. Be sure to have a fire extinguisher available in case of an emergency.
    7. Don’t Dig Holes--Respect S6 land
    8. No Animals allowed
    9. Everyone on your site must have a wristband and have signed the release waiver.
    10. All Motorcycles in the camping areas must have a sticker on their headlight, supplied by Touratech Dirtdaze.
    11. It’s a ski hill with primitive camping, so no electricity, no fresh water to fill your tanks or access to a dump site to empty your tanks will be available.
    12. The State of Vermont prohibits swimming in the creek. Violators will be asked to leave the property.
    13. The speed limit on S6 property is 5 MPH.
    14. No Fireworks, Firearms allowed on the S6 property. This includes all types of guns, BB guns, paintball guns, etc.
    15. We are not responsible for Lost, Stolen or Damaged items.
    16. No Alcohol purchased off-site will be permitted on the property. You can purchase Alcohol on-site during specific TBD hours.
    17. Disruptive Behavior - If the police are called by the management or another camper, due to disruptive behavior, the camper or campers will be immediately required to leave the campground. There will be no refunds to any person in this situation. Please do not put yourselves and management in this situation.

We will have Porta Johns available in the camping areas in addition to the flushing ones in the lodge. We are bringing in 4 showers for everyone’s use.

Have Fun. We are all here to enjoy the rally and ride some awesome routes!

There are size restrictions to drive on Rt. 4 in Woodstock. Be sure to check these restrictions they will issue tickets.

Thank you

Sherry
    AdamChandler likes this.
  19. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    The not outside alcohol rule is the only one there I have offense with. I know why the rule exists...outside alcohol on private property with no regulation by a certified Vermont server who knows to assess your drunkeness or check for IDs and combined with broken glass issues and littering BUT...I always bring a small fifth of bourbon and sip 2-3 ounces of it every night when camping. I just sip it while siting around the fire in a mug. Sipping whiskey around a campfire and I'm in bed by 10PM every night at any rally I go to and not being able to do that is a bummer. but seriously all of the other rules are very reasonable.

PS: Anyone know how big the RedVerz tent is? It's the official tent of GS owners. Luckily their bike fits inside of it :p
  20. antirich5

antirich5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are there any on site camping spots available? Last I checked it was all sold out a while ago.

I have 3 nights reserved at the campground outside of Woodstock as a back up, but this place sounds way more fun!