Touratech DirtDaze Adventure Rally – Pomfret Vermont, August 15-18, 2019

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by AdamChandler, Apr 4, 2019.

1. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    The other place "sounds way more fun"? Seriously? Where are you camping near Woodstock, the county jail? :photog
    dstutz, NJ-Bill and OldBarKeep like this.
  2. OldBarKeep

OldBarKeep A Focker

Oddometer:
    I doubt they will be sniffing coffee cups. "As I have said many times. You can be drunk or stupid in my bar, not both." Probably the same in the campground.
    DirtPoorOverland likes this.
  3. antirich5

antirich5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha! I meant camping at dirt daze as ‘the other place’
  4. rmdrc

rmdrc Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I have been to events at Vermont ski areas in the past and they do monitor the no outside alcohol rule. Apparently the event organizer will be fined if they don’t monitor the event and outside alcohol is found. Most of my experience was at Okemo and they would not turn a blind eye to people bringing in their own alcohol. As a beer drinker it is inconvenient and maybe a little expensive but if beer is available for purchase I will just suck it up and buy beer there. If you like the hard stuff and are discreet I would have to agree with the previous post, none is going to be walking around checking coffee cups especially after dark unless you bring undue attention to yourself.
    OldBarKeep and AdamChandler like this.
  5. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Stay Classy Supporter

Oddometer:
    What’s up, family?! Wes Mantooth here. I’ll be riding up from Atlanta, GA on my Triumph Tiger 800 XCa. Look for me in and around Triumph’s area (my employer), but I’m hoping to get a few real rides in when not serving as the megaphone. And yes, we do have some cool stuff planned. Ride safe, everyone!
  6. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    From the organizers:

This things gonna’ be big. And we want to make sure you know what to expect when you get here.

Given the popularity of the TTDD Rally, we don’t want you to ride a long distance only to find that most things are already full. That would be a bummer for you and us. So, here’s the deal:

• There is A LOT of interest in the rally.
    • We filled all of the available camping/RV spots at S6 (Suicide Six).
    • All of our guided rides are full. (They’re awesome.)
    • We’ll have some unguided rides available for late comers. Some of the hero rides have limited availability. First come first served.
    • Demos are available from Triumph, Honda, KTM and Beta, first come first served, limited availability.
    • The obstacle courses will run on the days noted on the schedule, and first dibs go to those who have already registered. Limited availability.
    [​IMG]
    Noise! Is your bike loud? Most are quiet, but if yours is loud – then please read on. We will ride in lots of beautiful Vermont countryside, past neighbors who either live off the grid (to get away from noise) and/or have livestock and horses. In Vermont, annoyed neighbors can easily shut down access to some of the best gnarly roads. We’d like to be welcomed again next year, so for the sake of maintaining access and friendly relations, either quiet your bike, or we can refund your entry fee if you’re unable to do so. Thanks for understanding!

Horse-encounter etiquette: there are horses on the trails here, so if you encounter one, to avoid spooking it, hit the kill switch and stop your bike.​
  7. twolanefred

twolanefred Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like I’ll be riding sweep on your ride. I’m camping at Coolidge state park and will be arriving Wednesday evening. I plan to set up camp and be at S6 about 7:30ish.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  8. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    WOOHOO! I just got back from riding it again today solo. you have the latest file and if not I'll be sending it out tomorrow to everyone who signed up for a sweep / guide. It's a fun route.
  9. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do we get gps files for the guided rides?
  10. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    The volunteers do. I don’t know if guided rides are mailed to participants
  11. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    My understanding is that GPS files will be provided on site to paid participants of rides after they complete registration.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  12. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Cool. Good to know. I’m not really involved beyond leading a ride
  13. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    danruss likes this.
  14. Mpgoober

Mpgoober Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a noobie question for this event. I was thinking about leaving my hard cases in my tent when on the guided rides, is this what most people do? I just want to reduce damage done if I drop my bike and by if i mean when.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  15. danruss

danruss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As a Vermonter, I would think stashing in the tent is fine, but if you're not comfortable with it, I'm happy to lock them up in my truck - I'll be in the RV area.
    deladude and AdamChandler like this.
  16. munimula

munimula Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm riding up 91 Friday morning out of New Haven. See you on the road! I am stoked to be signed up for Adam's NH ride on Saturday.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  17. munimula

munimula Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was planning on doing the same. For security I will tie them together with paracord. That should slow the perp down for sure.
    danruss and AdamChandler like this.
  18. danruss

danruss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

Just in time for DirtDaze, we've released the updated version of https://VermontRoads.net. The purpose of the site is to make it easier to find good dirt and gravel roads to ride in Vermont. For example, Dirt Daze is in Pomfret, VT. You can see a map of Pomfret with all the dirt and gravel roads highlighted here: https://vermontroads.net/towns/pomfret. Please add comments / photos on the roads pages as you discover new gems (or locked gates). I'll be at the DirtDaze in the RV area if you want to swing by and chat. Any and all feedback is welcome.
  19. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    holy crap how am I just now hearing about this.

Also, I'd love to get you an API Key to use TomTom Maps instead of MapBox. :p Maybe offer some engineering help.

Also your web-app needs its own thread.
    deladude and danruss like this.
  20. OldBarKeep

OldBarKeep A Focker

Oddometer:
    The weather looks plenty good enough!!

Be there Thursday am. Going to ride EVERYTHING there!!!

:D:clap:jack
    AdamChandler likes this.