Touratech Distribution by BMW in Oz?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by lowrpm, Mar 8, 2006.

1. KatoomDownUnder

KatoomDownUnder Safer off a horse than on

Oddometer:
    TK thanks for the TT dogalogue, even if I didn't ask for it. Shows what service you can get for next to nothing.
    Great reading for wish lists and making others at work drool:freaky
  2. lemmiwinks

lemmiwinks sometime dirt squirter

Oddometer:
    A year or two back I contacted TT Germany to see if they had any Freewind bits (Freewinds seem to have a following in Germany). They sent me the catalouge, holy crap it's thick, you could choke a donkey with it but :tb. I spent hours looking at it, no Freewind bits, but bloody great all the same.
  3. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the car yard that passes for a dealer in Adelaide stocks touratech parts it will be a first - he has SFA stock of BMW parts for either of my Beemers!
  4. lowrpm

lowrpm Tar Baby

Oddometer:
    On the ribbon of black, Melbourne, Australia
    Tell me you're shitting me.:eek1 So why was I quoted $525? Not that it matters much - I really want the tank panniers anyway, but to be honest I probably would have taken the BMW bag at that price!

Hey Tony - still waiting on my catalogue!:1drink And the emailed pricelist!:1drinkAnd the VP45 tankbag!:1drink
  5. KatoomDownUnder

Oddometer:
    Lowrpm, I just found the invoice and this will make you spew. $245.45 then throw in a bit of tax and a total of $269.00. And this was from Southbank BMW. The bag is the one for 650GS so I don't know of the difference in bags. The Service I recieved there over Xmas was great and no I don't have any affiliation.
  6. lowrpm

lowrpm Tar Baby

Oddometer:
    You're right, it makes me feel a little crook. But I console myself with the thought that the 1150 bag is made from pure silk and lined with spun gold. Not.:cry
  7. bug1

bug1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Been waiting since last december for mine, they mustn't want to sell anything to us over here!!
  8. Phil1

Phil1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Got an 06 Touratech catalogue with a shipment of stuff about 6 weeks ago. Still waiting on some stuff on backorder. Have not received any notification about non-shipment. Will wait and see..................:gun1
  9. rjf

rjf SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer:
    Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
    I sent them an email for one last year, and it was delivered from Germany within 2 weeks. sucked in noob ! :flip :lol3

But to be serious, I wouldn't bother dealing with Touratech in Germany now anyhow, as they will redirect you to the Aust. distributor.

Just Fire of an email / phone call to Tony and You'll be looked after quicker and better. mailto:[email protected]
  10. rjf

Oddometer:
    Hey Phil,

was your order placed with Touratech directly from their website / phone, or with the new Aussie distributor ?
  11. Phil1

Phil1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Order was placed directly with Touratech Germany online.
  12. Frank Warner

Frank Warner Traveller

Oddometer:
    I'm using Andy Sraps tank bag. www.andystrapz.com/
    The first one failed on one of the mounting straps, but replaced without question (mate tried to buy it cheap but Andy wanted it so the ladies who make them could look at it).

It is a small bag - most bags are too big hitting the bars on tight turns amd alowing too much junk to be carried. It mounts on to a harness like the old gearsack tank bag I have (over 10 years old RIP, sun aged it and it is a little too big too). One clip and it filps back to alow tank refilling. Around $165. Good size for small camera, sunscreen, overboots and overgloves. And sunnies. And map pocket too. Has added harness to carry it over your back or sholder.

A bm tank bag would not fit a K75G/S.
  13. lowrpm

lowrpm Tar Baby

Oddometer:
    Hey Frank. Never knew Andy made all that stuff. The tank bag won't do it for me though. Heading off cross country next month and need to carry plenty of gear, plus I like to carry a few essential imbibements for the evenings! Like the bar bag and maybe the small seat bag though!
  14. rjf

Oddometer:
    I've received my orders from both of these new distrubutors.

I have no complaints about either. Both very quick delivery, good and quick communication, the prices were cheaper than if i went direct from oversea's, especially considering freight charges.

10 / 10 for both of them.
  15. Mr Smith

Mr Smith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got some TT stuff off Tony, quick and easy service.
    About 3 days from order to delivery.
  16. KatoomDownUnder

Oddometer:
    The gear I ordered on Monday was fitted today. Great friendly service. I think I was lucky in that what I was after was in stock but given that I don't think there's anything to complain about even if you have to wait.
    By the way if your after TT fitting instructions go to www.touratech-usa.com and they have english pdf files of the instructions for alot of the gear.:D :D :D :freaky :freaky
  17. lowrpm

lowrpm Tar Baby

Oddometer:
    Thanks Beema. I figured out how to fit the bag obviously, but it coulda been easier. I'll go and have a look at the usa site today. Bet I did it all wrong. . .:zilla
  18. MarkN

MarkN Long timer

Oddometer:
    What sort of BMW GS do you have? If it's a 1150GS then I've just posted in the Flea Market a Tank bag for sale (see pic) I want £25 (60 Aussie dollars) for it, if you want I don't mind posting it as long as you pay the postage. Drop me a PM if interested.
    Cheers
    Mark

Pic shows the Genuine BMW bag on fully expanded with the rain cover next to it
  19. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just recieved my pannier racks from Eastcoast BM.Got them within a week of ordering them.As for the official importer Aqualine,you can jam it up your a#se.I sent an email requesting prices and delivery time and also left a message on their answering machine,both with a phone number.Did I get get any return emails or phone calls,not a chance.If this is a sign of things to come God help us.
    I suppose they will have some excuse, but really there is none.Thanks to Mick at EastCoast BM for returning emails and phone calls:thumb .You'll get my business in future.
    A2
  20. KatoomDownUnder

Oddometer:
    I've had some great service from Mick at East Coast and if he's sold it by mistake no worries lets you know without any bullshit. And orders another.
    Good service equals good business.

:clap